“First choice again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“First choice again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions over the past 6 years or so. We are returning to Abu Dhabi again beginning of June and have once again chosen the Sheraton. We have stayed at the Beach Rotana, but for value for money, this hotel is an excellent choice. The breakfast is wonderful. The hotel pool and gym facilties are excellent. We very much look forward to staying at the Sheraton once again,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank KarenSheen
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Mrs. Sheen,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in our hotel on tripadvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you will be visiting us again this June and I am looking forward to meeting with you during your stay.

It is always wonderful to see customers come back time after time as it signifies that we must be doing something right and I am rest assured that our team will do their outmost to make your stay with us a very successful one.

Warm regards

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I LOVED this hotel! It has muted desert themes, is very new, and very nice inside.

The bar/evening entertainment was very nice. Not as much of a beverage selection as I liked. The cover band was great!

The pool is very nice-much better than a standard hotel pool.

The only drawback I saw is that this hotel is not within walking distance of a lot of places to eat or things to do. Taxis in the area are reasonable, and everything is close by via taxi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank atpcliff
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Atpcliff,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you overall enjoyed the services and the facilities on offer. I noted your comment on the beverage selection and I would be grateful if you could send me a note to let me know which beverage you found missing from our selection of beverages – all our bars are well stocked with a large variety of beverages but of course, if there is a particular beverage we do not have on offer, we can always add it to our list. Also, your comment with regards to the location of our hotel is somewhat puzzling – we are located in the middle of the city centre and within walking distance to many restaurants, shops and one of Abu Dhabi’s largest mall. Perhaps you can let me know the next time you visit Abu Dhabi and I can then give you some useful tips about the Abu Dhabi city centre. My colleagues and I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and I remain with kind regards,

Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

3 bad reviews:

1. This hotel is nice, the staff friendly, but the problem is that people are smoking evrywhere... for infos "Le Meridien" in Dubai is a non smoking hotel, so dont tell me it is the UAE laws...

2. The breakfast restaurant -> the area where you get the bread is very dirty.

3. One night the beach cocomber played music very late at night outisde, I had to call reception to have the music stopped, but they did not.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anthonydean
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear anthonydean,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was contented to learn that you enjoyed our hotel and the service of my colleagues was up to your expectations. On the other hand, I was of course dismayed that during the time of your breakfast the bread display area was not clean and I will review this comment with the Director of Food & Beverage and the Restaurant Manager to ensure that incidents of this nature do not recur again in the future. Likewise, please accept my apologies for the fact that you were disturbed by music from the outside – it could not have been the Beachcomber as we do not have any live music at the resort but again, I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from the outside. As far as your comment regarding the smoking area of the hotel is concerned, we do offer smoking- and no-smoking areas in all parts of the hotel as well as in our restaurants and we have of course also a large number of non-smoking rooms available (as a matter of fact, our non-smoking rooms vastly outnumber our smoking rooms). I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future and in case I can assist you with anything, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Chambly, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Sheraton outdoors and pool area became my favorite and essential visit destination over the years. Even if the staff changes over time, the pool bar manager proved to know how to ensure from his quality staff, a consistent attention to customers needs. One of the main reason why I make it my essential visit destination is how the staff treats customers. For example, going back from my realy visits until now is Mr Samil - the bar captain - being amongst those who serves as example for outstanding customer service

I also strongly recommend the Flavors Friday brunch, excellent value for money.

Areas which I would like to see improve is to offer free pool access with a minimum spending at Pool bar. In a hot afternoon, one can easily spend a few hundred dirhams in food and beverages - why having to pay an extra 125++AED just to have access.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Brigitte C.,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit and that you were particularly impressed with the service at our pool bar – rest assured that I will inform the associates concerned about your kind comments and that they will be delighted to know that their efforts to provide you with friendly and efficient service has not gone unnoticed. We all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

london uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Having recently stayed in this hotel for 9 days, I think I am in a position to comment.
Check in was extremely friendly and made us feel like long lost people.
The room had everything we wanted and the bathroom had both a shower and a bath. Free newspaper every day and a bowl of fruit regularly replaced. We had a sea view room with building work (tall apartment blocks being built) going on, but this did not interfere with us either in the room or sitting around the pool area The Tavern pub has a long happy hour, like wise the Cloud nine. Breakfast has the largest selection of food that I have ever seen in a hotel, the service was first class and used plates etc removed immediately. The staff almost anticipated your needs. If help was required in any way within minutes it was attended too.
The road works outside the hotel were still in progress, but once again were no real problem after all the hotel does not want road works or building work any more than you do.
Apart from the hotel two "mustsees" are the Emirates Palace hotel and the grand mosque, both absolutely majestic and beautiful, the hotel cost $3 billion . Back to the Sheraton we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a vacation, we could not find anything or anyone to criticise. Good luck Sheraton. l.

Room Tip: Get a sea view before the buildings in front get to their full height.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tomogerus
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Tomogerus,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very happy to learn that your stay at our hotel was up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your visit and that you will return to our hotel whenever your travel plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi. I look very much forward to meeting you personally on your next visit and if there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,

United, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

nice hotel with friendly atmosphere and good service

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yves446, Director of Sales at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Khalidal1972,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and found our service team to be professional and attentive.

I will make sure that your kind comments will be shared with all of them.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should your travels bring you back to Abu Dhabi as I would be very happy to introduce myself and ensure of your comfort personally

Warm regards

Gillingham, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My wife and I together with 2 friends booked a 7 night package at the Sheratan, Abu Dhabi and after arrival on an Emirate flight from Gatwick at Dubai airprt transfered by car to Abu Dhabi which too approxiamately 90 minutes.

As we were approaching the hotel we looked up to see this dated building and we thought Oh my god what are we in for. But alas on entering we soon changed our opinion.and we were pleasantly surprised. The Lobby was large and well decorated and had obviouly been refurbished. Our room was large and had within tea and coffee making facilities, TV etc the bathroom was well equiped with a decent shower and designer toiletries, bath robes etc.

The restaurant was amazing and so was the choice of meals and service excellent. The following morning breakfast was served till 10.30am and choice was excellent. Needless to say as we progressed into our stay service in the restaurant, bar and service by the amazing pools was top class. The swimming pool and surroundings was really very good with attentive lifeguards present.

We throughly enjoyed our stay and was worth the long car transfer from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

In concluding I can honestly recommend this hotel for both short and long stays.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank United327
Dear United 327,

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel on Tripadvisor, I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time in Abu Dhabi and with us thoroughly.

When staying 7 days continuously in a hotel the facilities offered as well as the food and beverage offering are very important and I am happy that you found ours to your liking.

I was mostly pleased to hear that our associates took very good care of you and your friends which made your experience with us as comfortable and pleasing as possible. You may rest assured that your comments will be shared with the relevant associates.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sheraton Abu Dhabi in the future and should you decide to do so, please contact me directly to assist you with the arrangements.

Thank you for your time and warm regards