Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
1,678 results
All reviewsflavours restaurantla mammael sombrerotavern pubcloud barclub roompool barprivate beachenglish pubsmall balconycorniche roadhealth clubkids poolnon smokingrestaurants and barssmoking roommarina mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I travelled to the Sheraton Abu Dhabi after a long illness in search of comfort and relaxation. My stay was for 2 nights starting on 22nd October 2011 in a pool facing Club room. I had read previous reviews and was concerned about what I would find .The room size was acceptable with a nice bathroom.The hotel is large with good amenities.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Kalidassa,

Thank you very much for posting a review of TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind feedback and was happy to note that you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon and remain with kind regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three nights for a conference. The hotel is large with good amenities. The room size was acceptable with a nice bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Worldtraveller1985
sheraton_abudhabi1, Deputy General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear World Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facilities to your liking.

I would be pleased to meet you personally during a future visit.

Yves
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My stay was for 8 nights starting on 22nd October 2011 in a pool facing Club room.
I had read previous reviews and was concerned about what I would find . It is true that there is building work on a new apartment complex, but this is overwhelmingly compensated for by what the hotel has to offer. Noise is not 24hour a day and is not too loud.
The staff members were very professional and positive towards guests and no request was too much. The food was excellent and there was a wide variety in the numerous restaurants on site. Breakfast is not to be missed, a full international buffet of the highest quality,but make sure that your rate includes this .
The pool area has ample space for guests and yes, it is lively, but not over powering. Guests go to relax and families are on holiday, so expect some noise, but no more than most 4 and 5 star hotels I have been to in the Middle east. The beach is man made and is aqequate for what it is with a number of good water activities.
The hotel has a life as a base for business guests and there are very adequate facilities for them with extensive Wi fi connections. Yes the rooms are smaller than the norm in the middle east, but the interiors are finished to a very high specification.
The hotel charges are very competitive and I found the position excellent for getting to the rest of Adu Dhabi cityby taxi or on foot.. For instance, the nearest Marina mall is 10 minutes away by taxi and costs a low £3 one way. If you want to go to the Emirates Palace or Yaz island, the cost is reasonable.
I took the line of expressing my concerns when minor things went wrong and they were addressed to my satisfaction. The General Manager is very proactive and will deal with your comments, but can only do so , if you tell him.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are better. If you can afford it, upgrade to a Club room even after arrival , rates are available.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EppingTom

Dear Tom Epping,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us on tripadvisor as it is with such firsthand feedback that we can improve on our services.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our associates made you feel welcomed and well taken care off. You may rest assured that your feedback will be shared with them as they take great pride in being recognized for their work.

I was also pleased that you also enjoyed our restaurant and bar selection as well as the food quality which is a key to our success and one of the reasons why our patrons return to us regularly.

I would be pleased to meet you during a potential future visit and introduce myself.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

Warm regards

Yves
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I took my family to Sheraton Abu Dhabi as i knew from previous stays that it was a safe bet in order to impress my relatives, and i was right.

we did check-in very late and the Filipino receptionist was courteous, swift and very pleasant, he made our check-in very seamless.

all three rooms were city facing rooms and you could not hear any construction noise if the balcony door was shut, we had lovely snacks awaiting us in the room and the WIFI was very fast.

the next morning we had breakfast in the buffet restaurant and the food was superb as usual, the quality of the cakes and pastries outstanding.

the only regret is that we booked only for one night, next time we'll extend a bit more so we can try the other restaurants as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dablindfrog
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear Dablindfr,
Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and we were extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the services and facilities up to your expectations. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and hope that I will have the opportunity to meet with you personally then. Unitl then, I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We made the reservation by phone the day before go there and nobody told us that everywhere around the hotel everything is under construction.
When you are at the pool side, on the beach (just to mention the place that they call beach) or in your room your permanently hear a hammer destroying something.
The beach is a little lagoon surrounded by a highway and cranes, is a shame that they call the hotel a beach resort.
The entrance is a total mess due to a big road with a tunnel under construction in front of the hotel. In the night due to all the Ferraris, Jaguars, etc parked in the entrance of the hotel (there a couple of good restaurants) you have to wait 15' to do the last 150 mts or walk, if you are alone no problem if you are with slipping children is dangerous and problematic.
Some other little things, we were waiting for our room during 5 hs because there was a super golden platinum sheraton member that had the right to do an extra late check out. We hired a boat trip around the city and the sailor didnt know it nothing about the city and the places that he was showing us. Children under 16 are not allow to go to the health club, this is not published in the internet side, we as a family are very used to go to sauna and steam bath, for us was very disappointed, this never happened before to us in any other hotel of the word.

Room Tip: Dont ask see view rooms, are more expensive and the view is terrible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank loloalberdi
sheraton_abudhabi1, General Manager at Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Loloalber,

Thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was sorry to learn that your stay at our hotel was marred by the construction noise and that you therefore did not enjoy your stay with us. I have also taken note of the other comments you mentioned and we will review these internally to ensure that incidents of this nature do not recur again in the future. If your travel plans bring you back to Abu Dhabi, please contact us as we would very much like to have you stay at our hotel again in order to proof to you that your experience this time was an isolated one. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Abu Dhabi and in the meantime, I remain,