I stayed at the Beach Rotana for 2 weeks while on business in AD - it wasn't my choice and I would push to stay at an international hotel like Hilton or Sheraton next time, for lower price and better frequent traveler benefits. It definitely is marketed as an upscale hotel - the price certainly reflect it, and the look matches at first glance. But the price (restaurant prices exhorbitant) simply isn't justified.
A few things that bothered me in particular
1. NOISE :The hotel is renovating something in atrium, which nearly all rooms open on to. Which means at 8am on the weekend, you are awakened by the sounds of jackhammering. This goes on ALL day long.
If you get a street facing room, the construction outside vibrated my room - it sounded like they were tunnelling under the street. Obviously the hotel can't help this, but it was very annoying. So- ask about construction noise and request a room that is going to be quiet when you want to relax or be asleep!
2. SERVICE: there are many staff members lingering around, but the attentiveness one would expect is simply not there. Every request was met with resistance of some form. Service was not any better than any other 3-4 star international hotel.
3. LOCATION: It is billed as a Beach hotel - but the beach is just a sandy bank facing a channel , which is under heavy construction and high rise buildings- absolutely not "ocean view". And the Corniche is a distance away, so it feels isolated for anyone who likes to stroll.
*The fitness facility is excellent - large, clean, bright, lots of new equipment.
*The pool/beach front is expansive - lots of place to read in the sun. BUT, know that the beachfront isn't ideal but the water appeared clean.
*Housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful with extra bottles of water, or providing enough towels, etc. As long as the request didn't go through the front desk!
*Abu Dhabi mall is attached - it is small, but a nice concentration of shops. And a place to walk around as there is nothing nearby outside.
It isn't bad - your stay would be comfortable (as long as you deal with the noise) - just don't spend more money to stay here than the average international hotel in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi