Beach Rotana
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
$367
$461
$270
$227
$181
Rosewood Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$147
$88
$119
$74
Agoda.com
4,309 results
All reviewsabu dhabi malltrader vicsrodeo grillessence restaurantdine around packagetower wingpregojacuzzi bathpremium roomdirect accessclassic roomsmall beachall inclusive packagethe main hotellovely hotelconstruction sitebuilding work
Reviewed August 27, 2006

This was my fiance's second visit and my first. After an initial hicup where we had to wait around all morning until our room was ready, I was extremly impressed. We stayed in a Tower room, which was amazing - the room and bathroom were huge, and we had a very nice balcony. The restaurants were all delicious, and we never had any problems getting reservations. The only disapointment was Trader Vic's, which was smoky and over-crowded. It is a chain and not managed by Rotana, which I think makes all the difference. The pool was nice and relaxing, and the grounds were lovely and well maintained. The staff was excellent - especially the wait staff, our housekeeper, and one concierge in particular.
This hotel is the perfect place for a bit of a break that is not your typical beach holiday.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank wolf123
Reviewed August 12, 2006

If you're about to, or have booked this hotel for more than two nights join the Rotana Rewards Scheme. It's 700 or 800 Dirams to join for twelve months but it pays for it self in one or two nights.
It gives you 50% off your food, 15% off your drinks, allows you to keep your room till 6pm (normally £70). It WILL save you money.

The hotel...

Top notch.... we upgraded to a Tower Room because of the reports of thin walls in the standard beach rooms and coudln't fault it.

The restuarants are all excellent and have won a number of awards.

There are loads of beds by the pool and beach, but it does get a little bit busy on the Thursday and Friday.

In summary.... BOOK IT AND ENJOY.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank Sealy
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My girlfriend & myself have just returned from what turned out to be a very enjoyable stay in Abu Dhabi. I would not say that their was a huge amount to do or see in Abu Dhabi but if you want guaranteed good weather & good food in a nice & relaxing atmosphere I can only recommend you give this a try.

We took a superior room on a bed & breakfast basis. The room itself had a king size bed, a small balcony & a good bath/shower room. All was clean & tidy and kept in good order throughout our stay. Our contact with the staff was minimal but whenever we needed anything we found all to be pleasant & helpful. I must have one small moan and that is on our last day we did not fly until 2am the following morning, we got a late checkout (12pm normal) to 6pm but this did cost us about 450dhs (£70), which seemed a little excessive.

The hotel itself has 8 restaurants of which we tried all but one. All of the food we had was excellent to the point that we did not feel necessary to try out what any of the other hotels may have had to offer. The food in the hotel was not the cheapest at about 200-250dhs (£30-£35) per head for an average 3 course evening meal with wine on top at about 135dhs (£20) per bottle (cheaper end of the wine list).

The beach & pool areas are nice with plenty of staff to assist when needed. The size of the pool area was more than adequate & I noticed a crèche facility for those of you with some little ones. The beach is not Hawaii but what can you expect this is the middle of a city on the Persian Gulf coast in the desert. In saying that we preferred to be near the beach with the sea being nice and clear with some small fish being visible. All water sports are available, Jet Ski’s, Water Skiing etc, but all of these are at an extra charge of course.

With the hotel being next to the main Abu Dhabi Mall it gives you a good opportunity to take a break from the heat during the afternoon and maybe grab a coffee, sandwich or a bit of retail therapy. The Mall is open all day but in other areas of the city such as the ‘Gold Centre’ the shops close for a period between 2-4.30pm but re-open to about 10pm. You have taxi’s available outside the hotel but these are much more expensive than the normal taxi’s (white & pale green) outside the Mall, I would say that the normal cabs are only 25% of the cost in comparison but the ride will be a bit more of an experience.

Once I have been somewhere I tend not to go back as I always think about trying somewhere else, but for a nice week in the sun at any time of year this is well worth visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2006
20  Thank Scott003
Reviewed May 8, 2006

Stayed at the Rotana for our Honeymoon so we upgraded to allow us access to the club rotana lounge. It was a complete waste of money. I have stayed at hotels before that offer this service and normally, you would have a letter telling you exactly what you are entitled to and would be made to feel welcome. Not in the Rotana. We were made to feel totally unwelcome in the lounge. It was as if they were trying to keep everything a seceret so that we didnt know what drinks/snacks we were entitled to. We were constantly questioned as to wether we had paid extra to be in the lounge and ended up paying for food in the mall next door to avoid the miserable questioning staff.

As for the main hotel, dont expect a hotel with a sweeping beach! It actually has a little bay with a tiny bit of sand and if you take 3 or 4 steps into the bay, it is so steep that it is up to your neck instantly. The views arent great either.

The room was nice if a little expensive, couldnt get into any of the restuarants most nights and dont bother complaining about anything as none of the staff could really care less!!

Abu Dhabi is a nice place and I would go back but nowhere near the Rotana. Whilst I was there, I visited the Hilton which was very nice, the Emirates Palace was amazing and the Le Meridien next door to the Rotana looked nice to. Try those!!

• Stayed: April 2006