I stayed here for 8 nights in August 2008 with work, so I was lucky enough to have someone else pay the bill.
The first thing that struck me about this hotel was the size: it's a 22 storey, well-designed, modern building adjoining the Abu Dhabi Mall. The reception area is large and elegant, the doorman (Mohandra) was excellent and courteous to a fault; the reception staff were helpful and polite as well. Check in was faultless.
The room (on the 11th floor) overlooked the bay (although they're building something on just across the water. I should think that by 2012, it will overlook something else). I could also see down to the pool area below. The room itself was fantastic: spacious, clean, well-furnished and the bed was insanely comfortable. The bathroom was huge and very well-equipped. Housekeeping do an excellent job of keeping it spotless and well-stocked. There was fresh fruit and complimentary bottled water in the room every day. Oh yes... and I had my birthday when I was there. I arrived to find a chocolate cake in my room. A lovely touch! (I took this up to the executive lounge and shared it with the other guests and staff).
The fitness suite was exceptionally well equipped. The pool was clean and a good size. And believe me, you'll need all the exercise that this place can give you because the food in every one of the 7 restaurants is amazing! Breakfast is first class: a massive selection, from continental to far eastern to British (including pork bacon and sausages in this muslim country). Chef there to prepare omlettes for you whilst you wait, as well. Lunch in the main restaurant is, again, a buffet affair and has a good selection. The buffet dinners are themed every night, so you can be sure of a good variety and excellent quality. Other restaurants in the hotel include:
Indigo (Indian- one of the best Indian meals I have ever had in my life)
Finz (Fish- highly recommended. If you don't like fish (like me)- be bold, try it. It's not to be missed!)
German restaurant (didn't try that, but my colleagues had eaten there before and recommend it)
There is also a Japanese restaurant and a Hawaiian/Polynesian Restaurant.
Overall, this is somewhere I would love to go back to as a tourist rather than on business. I stay in hotels all the time with work, and it's very rare that I would return somewhere for pleasure. But this is the exception... I'd better start saving up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 30 minutes away from the Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai International Airport. Home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi Trade Centre complex, our Abu Dhabi Beach Hotel is directly linked by an exclusive passageway to the over one million square feet Abu Dhabi Mall - the capital's most renowned shopping mall, which houses international brands, a 6-screen Cineplex and entertainment venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach Rotana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Rotana - Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Beach Rotana Hotel Abu Dhabi