“Just awesome”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed here for 8 nights in August 2008 with work, so I was lucky enough to have someone else pay the bill.

The first thing that struck me about this hotel was the size: it's a 22 storey, well-designed, modern building adjoining the Abu Dhabi Mall. The reception area is large and elegant, the doorman (Mohandra) was excellent and courteous to a fault; the reception staff were helpful and polite as well. Check in was faultless.

The room (on the 11th floor) overlooked the bay (although they're building something on just across the water. I should think that by 2012, it will overlook something else). I could also see down to the pool area below. The room itself was fantastic: spacious, clean, well-furnished and the bed was insanely comfortable. The bathroom was huge and very well-equipped. Housekeeping do an excellent job of keeping it spotless and well-stocked. There was fresh fruit and complimentary bottled water in the room every day. Oh yes... and I had my birthday when I was there. I arrived to find a chocolate cake in my room. A lovely touch! (I took this up to the executive lounge and shared it with the other guests and staff).

The fitness suite was exceptionally well equipped. The pool was clean and a good size. And believe me, you'll need all the exercise that this place can give you because the food in every one of the 7 restaurants is amazing! Breakfast is first class: a massive selection, from continental to far eastern to British (including pork bacon and sausages in this muslim country). Chef there to prepare omlettes for you whilst you wait, as well. Lunch in the main restaurant is, again, a buffet affair and has a good selection. The buffet dinners are themed every night, so you can be sure of a good variety and excellent quality. Other restaurants in the hotel include:

Argentinian steakhouse
Indigo (Indian- one of the best Indian meals I have ever had in my life)
Finz (Fish- highly recommended. If you don't like fish (like me)- be bold, try it. It's not to be missed!)
German restaurant (didn't try that, but my colleagues had eaten there before and recommend it)
There is also a Japanese restaurant and a Hawaiian/Polynesian Restaurant.

Overall, this is somewhere I would love to go back to as a tourist rather than on business. I stay in hotels all the time with work, and it's very rare that I would return somewhere for pleasure. But this is the exception... I'd better start saving up!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank nrg710
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Regards,

Fouad Hamade
Executive Assistant Manager
I/C Hotel Apartments
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Write a ReviewReviews (4,072)

Reviewed May 3, 2009

The flight arrived early in the morning at 2 am & the immigration process further dragged on to ensure that my entry into abu Dhabi was not a very pleasant one. But the moment I got into Beach Rotana hotel, my experience changed to a very pleasant one. The staff was very hospitable, the ambience was great and the view outside my room window on 6th floor was greattttt. The buffets were very well organised.The facilities like gym, swimming pool, jaccuzzi were state of the art with optimal staffing. The hotel organised a desert safari which, I suggest, is a must for anybody on a visit to UAE. With expenses of around 800 Dirhams/ day the overall stay was quite satisfying.

Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank arunrajain
Reviewed April 16, 2009

the only positive thing was dinner in the italian restaurant, the rooms are way too small, the beach too overcrowded and the property is overpriced.

1  Thank derringo
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We arrived in AUH after a transfer flight from Bahrain. I booked hotel & flights via lastminute.com as after much searching they provided best value as i only booked a week before departure. I requested a luxury transfer directly with the hotel at a cost of 200 dirhams we were met in a Chrysler Voyager hardly what i would call luxury. The hoel were quick to reduce the cost which i was happy with. I would suggest using a taxi from outside the airport. If you need a taxi from the hotel this wil cost approx 10 dirhams (£2)more than any other taxi so if you are after saving £2 walk & get a taxi outside the shopping mall - but you will have to Q - so hey pay the £2!

Our room was ready on arrival but we decided to upgrade at an additional cost of £35 per night, this was much cheaper than booking in the uk. This meant the room was slightly larger and had a jazucci bath & rainforest shower & a large balcony.The room was however still not that big and I wonder how small a standard room would have been! Due to the extensive building work in AUH this was very dusty and dirty and could not really be used.

Yes, there is lots of building work going on in AUH it is very much at the stage Dubai was at 4/5 years ago. So please go with an open mind. My husband enjoyed the cranes as he drives one on offshore rigs! So this was a bit like a bussmans holiday!

Cannot fault any of the hotel restuarants they were all fantastic and not too badly priced for a cit hotel. Best to book in advance if you want to visit the Italian - always fully booked, so must be good. Indigo the indian was outstanding as was he buffett. Breakfast at the hotel was also what you would expect of a hotel of this standard everything from cakes, fruit cooked breakfast, including steak & salmon....yum yum.....

Pool - beach club, this again was very nice you do hear the building work as this is constant but you soon forget about it. Nice pool well superised if you are traveling with children. Didn't use childrens facilities as our two stayed at home on thsi visit but looked very good all central to pool area so not far to go or keep a watchful eye on.

We stayed here just for two nights before heading out to Al Ain the oasis of UAE, this is a must this part of the UAE is just stunning very differet from Dubai or AUH very laid back & a trip up the mountains is a must. A taxi to Al Ain will cost approximatley 300 dirhams return (£60) and it does take about 90 minutes but worth checking in to a hotel there we stayed with friends.

Will use this hotel again ideal for a short stop but not a long holiday....

2  Thank who5kjc
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Excellent hotel with the very good service. Good restaurants and excellent rooms and good accessories in the bathrooms.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I really enjoy staying at this hotel for the few simple reasons.

1. Service is excellent
2. Restaurants are excellent
3. I love L'Occitane products
4. Arrived at 10.30am and my room was ready and we arranged a late check out at 6pm because we had a very late flight coming home (Rotana members only I believe - well worth joining)
5. I had booked through lastminute.com on a room only basis the hotel changed this to include breakfast for us at no extra charge.
6. We received 2 free glasses of champagne from Finz seafood (please please try the Prawn Curry the main reason we went to this hotel again)
7. We received 2 free glasses of Baileys and a chocolate cake for our wedding anniversary
8. We were given the Rotana cook book from the manager in Trader Vics plus 2 free cocktails.

It also helped that we were upgraded to Business on our way out from London with Gulf Air - Fabulous

Yes the view is bad and it is a building site but this will only get better once the building works are completed. Had this been my first visit I would have been disappointed but this isnt the hotels fault and at the Beach Rotana everything else makes off for this in my opinion.

Pregos the italian place is amazing - we ate their twice this visit (I cant understand a previous review but everyone has their opinion).

Our hotel room was lovely, huge bed, quality fittings and immaculately clean. Complimentary water, ice on request - very happy with it. If you are not this hotel goes out of its way to give you a room you are happy with - just ask.

Easter at the Rotana was fab - hot and we love it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Regards,

Fouad Hamade
Executive Assistant Manager
I/C Hotel Apartments
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Reviewed April 12, 2009

My husband and I had stayed at Beach Rotana hotel for a week at the end of March. We were shocked how small the room was. We're booked a non-smoking room with king size bed, but it was not available when we checked in at night. So we had a non-smoking room with 2 twin beds. The room was so small, we had a hard time to fit in 2 big suitcases. Unless you really enjoy the smell of food 24 hours a day, I would not stay at this hotel again.

The Italian restaurant was below average. But the Indian restaurant was above average and the price was very reasonable. Other than that, the service was good, the location was excellent as it's next to the Abu Dhabi mall. But the beach club is facing a gigantic construction site. We will look for another hotel when we go back in May.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business