“Lovely hotel”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at the Beach Rotana for 10 nights in November & can highly recommend the hotel. The hotel has very good facilities, pleasant friendly staff & a good choice of restaurants. It is definitely worth upgrading to Club Class as the variety of food & drink served in the lounge was very good, not to mention the exceptional service provided by the staff.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear John,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

There are newer reviews for Beach Rotana

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Perfect hotel. Great staff, food and central location. Probably the best hotel ive stayed in

Perfect in every way and easily 5star if jot more. Nothing remotely substandard or ordinary this hotel is perfect for a business trip to the uae

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Second trip to Abu Dhabi and we specifically chose this hotel because we remembered how good it was last time.

This hotel has everything you need. Huge collection of top class restaurants and bars. A huge pool area and beach to go with it. Connected to a top quality shopping mall. Balconies on all rooms. And beautifully appointed and decorated throughout. You just cannot fail to be impressed when you walk into the lobby. I don't think you could find a better hotel in Abu Dhabi as it has everything you could need and is in a convenient location if you need anything else.

Would definitely come back to this hotel in the future and would recommend it to anybody who visits. The only negative I have is the wireless internet charge, it's so expensive you will actually not bother to use it and I think the hotel needs to address this as the tariff they are offering is like something from 10 years ago especially when most places offer free wireless now. But this one matter aside it is an amazing hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SK6

Reviewed January 29, 2014

For the second year in a row we stayed at the Beach Rotana over Christmas and New year - this time for two weeks and it was everything we expected and hoped it would be! We had two interconnecting club rooms (as we travelled with teenage children) which were spacious with lovely furnishings and great bathrooms. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job with keeping the rooms clean and providing an evening turndown service. The club lounge was excellent with the staff on top form as usual with great service.

We ate in Essence, Prego's, Indigo, Finz and Trader Vic's and they were all excellent - particularly Finz, Prego and Indigo. The food in Essence is great although I think, as is usual with buffet food, it's a struggle to keep the balance between the food staying hot and not ruining it by being over cooked, dried out or stewed. We had a bit of a disappointing meal in Traders Vic's with regards a steak main course - restaurants can't always get it right - but it's the way they react and rectify things if something does go wrong and I have to say the staff and manager were excellent in this respect.

The pool area is lovely with plenty of sun beds and well looked after by the lifeguards and pool bar staff. The lifeguards are particularly vigilant and good at keeping order around the pool, making sure swimmers stay safe and sunbathers have a relaxed atmosphere.

We love the Beach Rotana – the staff, (which I think is one of the hotel’s best assets!), are all excellent, so well trained, friendly and accommodating. I think it says something when you go back a year later and there are so many staff who are still there! It has a lovely atmosphere, particularly the main lobby which is always a hive of activity and a popular place for business meetings conducted over coffee, giving it a great vibe. We did visit a couple of other hotels for a general nose and found that compared to the BR, they had no soul! It is excellently placed for venturing out into the city for shopping, restaurants, attractions etc and is also linked conveniently to one of the city’s main shopping malls.

We didn’t want to go home at the end of our stay and will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: If your budget will stretch, a club room offers extras which are well worth the upgrade. A high flo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sarah,

What a nice and kind review! Thank you very much for your detailed comment about your stay at Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the comforts of your Room. It is very important to us to deliver a high quality of service during our guest stay and we are happy to know that you have been well looked after by our team.

We would like to thank you for your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I can't find anything to criticize - this is simply an excellent hotel. Beautifully furnished, excellent facilities, and a superb staff.

Breakfast was a treat, with a wide variety so I could try something different every day. The room was spacious, with a good range of TV channels and very fast wifi. As other reviewers have mentioned the gym is the best - the running treadmill had a built-in TV (with sub-titles) and personal air conditioning. And a great view over the beach too.

The staff were the stand-out feature - polite, helpful, smiling, and yet never intrusive. And this wasn't just the front of house staff - the cleaners, catering staff, everyone. A credit to the management.

Great value for money. I'd love to stay there again.

Room Tip: There is some serious construction going on in the adjacent site (on the south side).
1  Thank ManInSuit
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip recently for a couple of weeks as my company use this hotel a lot. Rooms are very spacious,comfortable and well-equipped and there's generally a good view across Abu Dhabi or the various islands. Service is excellent and the overall decor and presentation throughout the hotel is superb. The facilities such as business area, connected shopping mall, beach, pool, spa, gym, tennis courts and squash courts etc. are all more than adequate and there's no shortage of things to do. The choice and quality of food in the nine very individual restaurants is befitting a 5-star hotel and provides great diversity as well as entertainment thrown in.

If there are some gripes then OK it's not cheap and the beach isn't extensive. Also the wi-fi isn't free and the choice of TV channels is more quantity than quality but overall it was a very pleasant two weeks even if I did have to spend most of it working!

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower part of the hotel generally have better views

Dear Peter,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here for business in the March 2013. This was booked by my client.

Positives
• The rooms were a good size and had all of the requirements that you would expect of a 5 star hotel
• The hotel has a really great pool.
• The hotel has one of the best gyms that I have seen in a hotel. There are loads of cardio and weight machines.
• The staff were friendly and helpful
• There was a good selection of restaurants in the hotel
• The hotel is beside a mall with a good selection of restaurants and shops

Negatives
There are no major negatives to this hotel

Would I come here again?
Yes, this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014