“Good for business”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #29 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Good for business”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Not too bad a hotel. The have a very nice and very busy lobby. The live music is great distraction whilst waiting for colleagues.
Breakfast buffet is great and was included in my room rate. The restaurants were also very good quality. The German one was my favourite but the veal loin pizza at the Italian was also excellent.
Room was ok...no iron so if you get there late make sure you hang your clothes for the next day. Also not too many TV channels. Probably the biggest issue is the open layout of the hotel means that it can be very noisy. During those first few jet lagged days I often woke up to noises coming from the ground floor below as the staff were cleaning.
It is also located next to the mall which is very handy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Vinda,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

Your point raised regarding TV channels, Cleaning noise and Iron has been shared with the concerned department heads for follow up

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I spent an overnight over a weekend at this hotel. A disappointment….it took for ever to be allocated a room upon check-in which to my disappointment for a beach hotel overlooked a wall!….The room was tired in need of refurbishment. The hotel was extremely busy and it showed during the breakfast the next morning; it was an extensive buffet but there was little coordination among the staff to clear the tables. Its location is great as it is close to a Mall in downtown Abu Dhabi. It took for ever next day to check out and for the car attendant to get my car. There are many newer hotel in Abu Dhabi nowadays which I need to try.I will definitely not return to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Caris,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were concerned to read about the inconveniences you have encountered during your last stay with us, for which we would like to apologize.

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please stay assured that your feedback has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats. We honestly believe that your unfortunate experience is an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering as the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi is committed to providing its guests with the highest quality of standards.

Once again, thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went there as a couple to do our last visitings in Abu Dhabi before returning to Belgium, I found the hotel more for business people. The rooms were very small. Also a shame that we had to pay for Wifi. The one thing I found positive was that it was next to Abu Dhabi Mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Evy,

Ruwais, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel is nicely located, adjacent to Abu Dhabi Mall, sea view from all rooms.

Rooms are very small, difficult to move in the room, bed was over used.

Internet connection is not free, while all 5 star hotels in the U.A.E provide free internet connection.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new extension are said to be bigger and better, but more expensive.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Ghazwan,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have had the opportunity to be guest at the Beach Rotana both for business and leisure on numerous instances. I can say that my experience was one of grandeur and luxury not experienced in many other hotels or even hotel chains. Here's my full review:

1- Location
The hotel is located very close to the corniche towards downtown Abu Dhabi overlooking the Al Maryah island form the back side and reigning over the 10th street of downtown. It is perfectly situated in the middle of a very busy area filed with restaurants, fast food services and some nice bars all accessible through a short walking distance. The hotel can be easily accessed by car taking you directly from main street to the main gate. If you are coming from Dubai, the hotel is a few minutes away from the Sheikh Khalifa highway
The beautiful thing about its location is that it is located just on top of the Abu Dhabi mall coupling its closeness of restaurants with closeness to a landmark shopping center. So if you are visiting Abu Dhabi on business and staying there, you will not get bored sitting around in your room as the mall also has a nice movie theater broadcasting some of the newest films

2- The hotel itself
It is definitely an imposing structure that you cannot miss regardless ow you move in that part of the city. It is one of the tallest buildings providing a nice view of the city's night lights and also the illuminated aspect of the island just across.
On the inside, the hotel lives up to its reputation as a five stars luxury hotel. From the lobby, to hallways to the rooms, you will be amazed by the fineness that management has put in the place. Colors are beautifully chosen to reflect the classiness of beige and brown or walls and wood with the taste of modernization of red.
The lobby is huge and you get amazed the second you walk in. The middle is a big lobby where you can sit and relax awaiting your room to be ready while listening to really nice live music played over a piano or sometimes over a large harp. This lobby is also catered through a nice and simple menu of really nice snacks that get delivered in matters of minutes
Rooms are very spacious and very generous in amenities. apart from the flat screen giant screen TV, you get the usual coffee maker, iron board, generous mini bar, a fully equipped bathroom...all to make you feel really comfortable regardless of what you are in Abu Dhabi for (Business or pleasure)
The hotel provides access to an in-hotel gymnasium equipped to perfection with the most modern fitness machines. The outdoor swimming pool leaves one hungry for a dive every time you one has a chance at doing so

3- Services
The hotel staff is just perfect, never ever have I had any issue with the, You are greeted with a big smile that never leaves anyone's face all the way till your check out and actual departure. Employees are very well in the know of what they are doing and will answer your requests in a quick way regardless of what you need.
The hotel provides access to some of the best restaurant outlets in town. While there make sure you grab a bite at "Indigo" one of the best Indian food places in Abu Dhabi and then hop by "Trader Vics" at lobby level for a taste of their soothing drinks and delightful appetizers (all accessible from within the hotel, you don't even have to go out)

4- Prices
It is certain that such luxury and service comes at a price. while it is somewhat expensive, it does not feel so much so compared to other hotels offering the same level and quality of service in Abu Dhabi. I have felt that i am really getting my money's worth in that hotel. I have stayed there on many business trips, I spent a New Year's eve there and the offers they are willing to provide yo with makes it the best place for value of money in town

I highly recommend the Beach Rotana hotel for your next Abu Dhabi stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Sagal,

What a nice and kind review! Thank you very much for your detailed comment about your stay at Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the comforts of your Room. It is very important to us to deliver a high quality of service during our guest stay and we are happy to know that you have been well looked after by our team.

We would like to thank you for your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have to say that I was a bit concerned about some negative reviews found before going, but have to say that my partner and myself found this hotel absolutely wonderful and had no problems with anything during our 7 days visit, albeit we upgraded to a club room which I would recommend. The bathroom was probably the best I have been in any hotel, the rain shower is to die for!
We managed to only visit 5 of the 10 or so restaurants in the hotel and every meal was superb, mor than I can say about the one meal we had outside the hotel (Quest in Jumeirah Towers which was probably one of the worst meals I have had in any restaurant)
Another recommendation was the boat trip around the Abu Dhabi corniche, although a bit expensive for just two people was really enjoyable.

Room Tip: Having a balcony in the club room doesn't necessarily mean you will have sunshine but that is ju...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

It is a great reward to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled that you appreciated the quality of service, your room, our restaurants and our staff.

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and we will make sure to share your comment with our teams.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at, Your Home Away From Home, the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It is a really nice hotel. Swimming pool is really awesome and at night swimming experience is far better. Lots of restaurant inside the hotel with variety of cuisines. Ambiance of whole hotel is amazing. I definitely want to visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chelsea,

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.