“Great hotel with outstanding staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Great hotel with outstanding staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We had 6 nights at the Beach Rotana from June 2nd - 8th. This is the second time staying here and it was fabulous again. You can be very picky and moan about the shower or the rooms being a bit small but then you should upgrade to the tower wing.

The restaurants we ate in were Indigo, Trader vic's, Brauhaus but our favourite was Prego. The food , the service, the recommendations from the staff especially Lasantha in Pregos and the atmosphere was fabulous. Breakfast is great, lots of fresh food and plenty of choice.

Pool area is just perfect,very clean and never a problem getting beds. Again,the guys at Bayview are brilliant especially Cliff who is there 18 years and Harshana.

The customer care at the Rotana is superb, nothing is a problem.
Looking forward to our next visit hopefully in the near future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irishhogs
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Irishhogs

Lasantha, Cliff and Harshana has been complimented & recognized for going the extra mile to wow you, & I have also shared your positive feedback with the rest of the team.

Once again, thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed there for one night for a business trip. The hotel is quite big, very luxurious and busy. They have a crazy number of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. I was really tiered that night and ordered room service from the steak house, by far the best steak I have had (this includes the yummy steaks I had in the US).

I stayed in a normal room and it was great, very comfortable bed, the internet was not free, which is always a pain when you stay at a 5 star hotel.

Worth it for sure, i haven't tried the gym or spa or beach, but judging on what i got to see for the short time i was there, it is for sure worth every minute spent there.

Room Tip: for sure try the steakhouse!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a fantastic stay at the beach rotana! Its accessible to everything - restaurants, shopping malls and tourist areas. The room is cozy and the staff are friendly and approachable. The italian restaurant inside offers quality food and customer service is nice! The pool and beach areas are well maintained with complete amenities. The thing is they allow people to smoke inside the main lobby. They should transfer the smoking area to a bit more private area away from non smokers and children. Its not good for the image of the hotel if its not neutral in a way they patronize smokers. The internet is fast but way too expensive compared to other hotels that ive tried as a frequent traveller. A reduction with the price is way more better or if they can be free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Frauleone
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Frauleone,

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective Department heads for their follow up.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited this hotel around 8 years ago and had a lovely holiday.
So when I recently got married, it was a perfect choice for our honeymoon.

From the moment my husband and I arrived, we were treated like VIPs.

We booked Club Rotana and it was worth every penny. The rooms were of a good size, with jacuzzi bath and a 'rain forest' shower. The amenities were 1st class as was the whole experience at the hotel. We had a lovely balcony and he bed was super cozy.

We had breakfast every morning at Essence Restaurant. The food here was outstanding. There was such a large choice and the presentation was top quality.
We met the restaurant manager Mr Peter Dalwin on several occasions, and he was the kindest man and so polite with the nicest manners. Nothing was too much trouble, and every day he took the time to have a chat and check we were ok and could he do anything to help. Mr Dalwin also took the time to assist me with questions I had with a future booking. In my opinion he really does go the extra mile to keep every guest happy, and is a true asset to not only Essence Restaurant, but also to Beach Rotana hotel.

Because of the excellent service we received, on our return home, we cancelled a trip we had booked to Las Vegas and booked to visit Beach Rotana again.

Both my husband and myself can't wait to return. This hotel, the restaurants and the staff, are "simply the best".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pikey200
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear pikey200

First Congratulations for your wedding and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review on trip advisor following your stay with us.

I am thrilled to know you have enjoyed Abu Dhabi and its fantastic views from Beach Rotana!

Peter has been complimented & recognized for going the extra mile to wow you, & I have also shared your positive feedback with the rest of the team, as great service is one of our main aims and it is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in delivering.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Hotel has a great location close to lots of malls, bars and restaurants. Being Canadian I was super excited that there was a Tim Horton's right next door. :)

Our room was nice, no real complaints as I never spend too much time in the room. The shower wasn't awesome though, as the hot and cold fluctuated a lot. My roomie said it best "It's as though the hot and cold water are fighting each other!" Usually I wouldn't mention the water but this was a 5 star so you don't expect these kinds of things.

Before we booked we checked out the hotel online and were impressed that they advertised Happy Hour for all of their restaurants but when we went to inquire, only 2 out of them actually had Happy Hour and it really only applied to 1 signature drink. Slightly disappointing.

Another discrepancy we found was regarding their internet. They advertise online that "guests receive complimentary WiFi at the beach club" . When we checked in and asked and the receptionist said there is no free WiFi at the hotel at all. I was a bit confused but let it go. Later in the weekend I had to get online for some work requirements so I paid for the WiFi. When online I double checked the hotel site and found that I was correct. After a 10 minute argument with the front desk they refunded the internet charge. Two things bothered me about this: 1) was the staff wasn't aware of their own policies and 2) the staff was willing to argue with a guest for that long. Five star? hmmmmm

Overall it was a good experience, not amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for beach view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Jose,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were concerned to read about the inconveniences you have encountered during your last stay with us, for which we would like to apologize.

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please stay assured that your feedback has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats. We honestly believe that your unfortunate experience is an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering as the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi is committed to providing its guests with the highest quality of standards.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Another fantastic stay at the Beach Rotana. Many thanks to Tudor, Clifford, Mamun and the rest of the staff for treating us like Royalty once again. I have stayed in a few of the newer hotels in Abu Dhabi but keep coming back to the Beach Rotana. This hotel meets all our (holiday) needs. The staff manage to appear completely relaxed but totally professional at the same time. It is a huge advantage having the adjoining Abu Dhabi Mall too. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments and recommending Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi on trip advisor. Great service is one of our main aims and it is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in delivering.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We Stayed at the Rotana beach for 7 nights this June .The hotel is very good and the pool and beach are lovely . When we checked in we were offered an upgrade which we took for 200 aed a night , the room was well spec but there were three of us sharing a room and the extra bed they put in was a child's bed and completely unsuitable for an adult . After a poor nights sleep we went to reception the problem was sorted very quickly . We found all the staff to be friendly and helpfull around the hotel , but we found some of the reception staff a little abrupt and not too helpful .We were staying on a half board basis which we booked almost a year ago, however one night we were offered a free meal in the essence resturant , it wasn't free to us as we had already paid in advance . We asked if we could eat in one of the other resturants at with a bit of a discount no was the answer , we feel if this was available people would use the other resturants more , although the food was of a high quality we felt that water and a cup of coffe should be available as it is at breakfast with out extra costs . We enjoyed our stay but wouldn't stay again because everything that is not part of your package is expensive . We think this hotel is better suited as a business hotel not for a vacation

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane M
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback related to our colleagues at the front desk has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats.