“My second home”
Review of Beach Rotana

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This hotel for so many obvious reasons has become my second home in Abu Dhabi. After staying there for so many times I've decided to write this note primarily in appreciation to their wonderful staff for the superb and flawless service they provide - not much different than being at home with your family. To elaborate; excellent location, spacious rooms (tower wing), state of the art facilities, all choices of dining, and above all are the extremely welcoming staff who would ensure a pleasant and joyful stay for their guests - always with cheerful smiles.

Room Tip: High floor tower wing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Walid,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments and recommending Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi on trip advisor. Great service is one of our main aims and it is very rewarding to know that we have succeeded in delivering.

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.E

Write a ReviewReviews (3,775)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed as family of 4 with 2 kids, we took 2 adjoining rooms.
Rooms generally OK, nice and clean, housekeeping are thorough and helpful. Rooms come with OK sized balcony but views are nothing spectacular.
Staff are relatively friendly but its a bit of a busy hotel for any serious focused customer service. Restaurants in the hotel are excellent, a very good selection and the quality and service in the italian restaurant was superb.
Pool area nice, good service there and plenty of sunbeds/loungers available.
Location is good as a base to get out and about to see Abu Dhabi.
All in all, a good city hotel, nothing stood out to make me say "wow" but equally nothing particularly wrong with the place either.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cc_KL

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review on trip advisor following your stay with us

In behalf of the team at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed in a single room - but, felt like i slept in the lobby. The hotel is extremely noisy. Restaurants below echo all the way up into the rooms.
The front-desk & check-in are not the most informative staff around. The beach has been killed due to the constructions around it. You'll be facing towers now.
Internet was not free - Strange from the Rotana chain.
Rooms very clean and comfortable. Abu Dhabi Mall is attached to it - so it would be nice for the family.
Parking very little - Valet takes forever - Good Tip ,and they will keep your car near the door.

Room Tip: low or high floors - they all echo in the restaurants noise, So try the highest corner rooms for som...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Khalid,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is always a great pleasure to read such detailed feedback with pros and cons.

We were concerned to read about the inconveniences you have encountered during your last stay with us, for which we would like to apologize.

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please stay assured that your feedback has been communicated and corrective measures have been taken to avoid future repeats. We honestly believe that your unfortunate experience is an exception to the service we are accustomed to offering as the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi is committed to providing its guests with the highest quality of standards.

Once again, thank you for your honest review of Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a great hotel for so many reasons. Firstly the selection of restaurants is superb. There is a Trader Vics, Italian, German and a Fish restaurant. I have tried the German, Trader Vics and the Italian and always been satisfied with both the service and the food. The beach bar is great for chilling out with a good cocktail. The rooms are clean, well proportioned and really nice to stay in. All the staff I met were both courteous and efficient. The hotel is right next to its own private beach and adjoined to one of the bigger malls in Abu Dhabi. I have stayed here twice now and will definitely stay again, especially as the price is amazing considering the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear David,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great room with good space and clean, overlooking beach with excellent facilities and decent balcony. Beach was very nice and swimable, pool fabulous and a good gym. Breakfast and lunch buffet was outstanding with a large variety of food. No complaints.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kirsty,

i am please to know that our leisure facilities as well as dining had lived up to your expectations

We at Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi are looking forward to welcome you back soon among us.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Beach Rotana is a nice little retreat within the city, it has a good variety of great restaurants, a nice (but very cold) pool and a really good gym. It's directly attached to Abu Dhabi Mall so is handy for a bit of shopping too.

I booked a weekend here specifically as there was a special offer with my frequent flyer program, however the hotel did their best not to honour the deal the staff (including the manager) seemed completely oblivious to the offer actually. I was supposed to get 1000 air miles and a complementary room upgrade but I seriously had to fight to get this, in fact the only reason I got it at all was because I had my ipad mini with me and was able to show the manager on his own hotels website what they were advertising.

Nice stay, may stay there again though there's a lot of competition.

Good: Food outlets, gym, Turkish bath.
Bad: The main lobby stinks of cigarettes as everyone in there seemed to be chain smoking which I believe is illegal but there you go. Room sound proofing is not great.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a beach wing room, these are far older. Opt for a room in the Tower which is a new build...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you while checking in.

You have raised a number of points in your review all of which have been cascaded to the respective Department heads for their follow up.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi. once again.

Beach Rotana
P.O.Box 45200 Abu Dhabi U.A.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel for a business trip. However, I had my family with me and they were bored because I decided not to take wifi for 90 Dirhams/day (limited to 2 devices!!).

The location is great, close to the mall and to my business location.

Staff are always smiling and willing to help.

I just thought that the prices are very high for 1 night.

The room is wonderful. spacious and very well decorated.

Overall: the hotel is worth another stay, but during the low season I guess. I hope they decide to make the wifi free (complimentary) for their guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Fouadhamade, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Mujaini

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi.