“Good Hotel for an Abu Dhabi Break”
Review of Beach Rotana

Beach Rotana
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nts in a basic room.It was spacious and always kept clean and tidy by the room staff.The Beach/Pool area was a nice suprise being so sprawling and having lots of different area's to choose to relax in.The hotel also has plenty of good Restaurants and Bars.We never left the hotel and ate at a different Restaurant every night.In my opinion Indigo the Indian restaurant was the best.Trader Vics bar was lively but very smokey a definate downside.But all in all would book again if going to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scw_11
Jalal N, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear scw_11

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and the restaurants .

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

I/C Of Beach Rotana Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (3,775)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was second to none. Very welcoming, modern, great food, great pool and fitness facilities. I travelled down the weekend before my conference to soak up the atmoshere of Abu Dhabi (of which there is none). The place is geared up to drive everywhere, you cannot walk very far anywhere, which was disappointing.

I mistakenly asked the directions for an Arabian market, and they directed me to a three storey shopping complex. Which I have got to say was the cleanest shopping experience I have ever had. But the place was very quiet with 2 shopping assistants per customer, who were very enthusiatic about selling you something. I also found an abundance of fast food outlets (western culture has a lot to answer for). I spent 4 hours there until my complimentary hotel bus picked me up.

Most of the hotel staff were Filapino ot Thia, and they were extremely curtious, very helpful and gave excellent service.

My trip was through business, it is not a destination I would choose to go to with my family. But I have ticked it off my list now. It is still a reletively new country, but have got a long way to go and need to find their own identity. (Not adopt someone elses)

During my trip I visited the largest Mosque in the world, FerrariWorld (Fastest Coaster in World a must) and went Dune Bashing. All were great, but am still none the wiser about their culture.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the pool & F1 Race Track. But be careful with the sliding door on the terr...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Simon G

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our colleagues accommodating to your needs.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just come back from a wonderful week here with three girl friends. The service and facilities were wonderful. Although they are building a new island opposite the hotel it did not detract at all from the holiday. It has direct access to abu Dhabi mall so was also incredibly conveinient for shopping.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear 456DebbieSouthwell

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities provided by the hotel

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The most accommodating 5 star hotel in Abu Dhabi. They have a great staff that is responsive to all of your needs and make you feel like your part of the Beach Rotana family. Outstanding dining facilities with multiple choices. no matter what kind of room you get they are spacious, comfortable, and elegant. The rain shower is awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear rmardis

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was also pleasing to note that you enjoyed the room and the restaurants

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights with family on tower wing classic suits. Excellent location with great amenities. Kids friendly and can keep the young ones entertained through kids pools and playing area. Dedicated crèche for gusts.
Hotel is interconnected to abudhabi mall. It was great help in finding food options for kids especially for dinner. Excellent restaurants and bars inside the hotel. We did most of our dining within the hotel restuarants. Vallet parking available for hotel guests.
Positive
Great location and amenities. Hotel is well maintained. Excellent resturants and bars. Good pool area.
Negative
We got the room after 3.5 hrs. We reached hotel by 2 pm and got rooms by 5.30 only. Staff did not bother to offer even a simple apology and was blaming it all on holiday rush.
No daily news paper even for a suite room and it was bit surprising on a 5 star hotel. Even toiletries were not all in room and we need to request. No makeup my room cards. Housekeeping missed to makeup the room two times.
Breakfast is just average. We were expecting some local Arabic options but mostly it was continental. Bit boring after first day.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jalal N, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Harbinger123

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was also nice to read that you found a good dining option and you enjoyed it with your family.

I regret to read about the delay on arrival and i have shared your comment with the team .

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent a week here and it was definitely a great choice. Hotel rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious with comfortable beds and a small balcony. The amenities at the hotel are second to none, a large clean "infinity" swimming pool with a swim up bar, large sun bathing area with lots of sun beds, and a decent sized beach with some sun beds. They also have a spa, gym and tennis courts but I didn't use them so I cannot comment. Check in/out was painless and efficient and the hotel staff were quite helpful and friendly. I only gave 4*s instead of 5*s as I was staying on the top floor which was opposite a machine /plant room which made quite a bit of noise, and it was possible to hear it even when the balcony door was closed but it didn't really interfere with sleeping but if you're a light sleeper it might. Also the rooms could do with some furniture on the balcony eg a chair and side table. There are some excellent restaurants in the hotel, including trader vics which does some good food and has a live Cuban band, the brauhaus which has a good selection of beers and pork dishes, a sea food restaurant built over the water and more. Definitely the place to stay in Abu dhabi just avoid the top floor rooms!

Room Tip: Rooms 720/ 620 / 520 have the best sea view in the house. If you are going to the brauhaus for dinne...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Ian O

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor

I have shared your feedback with the team and they appreciate your points.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Upon arrival (albeit at a very busy time) we were told by one member of staff to sit down and she would tell us when it was our turn and then 5 minutes later another person told us to join the long queue. Basically it was chaotic and would have been helped enormously by having both a well rehearsed system and some complimentary drinks for those of us having to wait (as was standard practice on s recent trip to Sri Lanka)
Then at breakfast we had 4 or 5 staff all hovering over us and were afraid to put a cup down for fear of it being replaced and refilled. Having said all of that, the hotel has much to offer, not least the excellent restaurants. We ate in the German and fish restaurants and were delighted with both. Beer in the German restaurant was magic if a little pricey. The fish restaurant 'Finz' was beautifully located and the food was top notch. I couldn't understand why we would want to eat oysters flown from northern Europe at around GBP 3 each when there was such s good choice of local fish. Wine was excellent but ridiculously expensive - hey-ho, we were on the Middle East and a table actually over the water was wondeful.
Best features were the beach, the restaurants and the friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear FreddieBahrain

Thank you for the posting on Trip advisor following your recent stay.

I have shared your comments about the check in in and Breakfast with the Director Of Front Office and the Food and Beverage Manager to look into them.Thank you for your comments.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the restaurants as well.