“Excellent service, great restaurants and good rooms”
Review of Beach Rotana

Beach Rotana
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 5, 2012

4 point review:
-Located in the heart of the city right next to Abu Dhabi Mall. Not the most peaceful of locations,on the other hand you have everything you need right next door!
-The lobby area seems to be always bustling for some reason! Check in is quite smooth and staff is very polite and helpful
-There are 11 restaurants in the hotel! Italian, Indian, Seafood, Rib & Steak, coffee shop to name a few! They are all world class
-The real diffrentiator for this hotel is their amazing service - truly world class.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jalal N, Manager at Beach Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear IshtiJaved

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the restaurants and Mall next door.I was also proud to read that our colleagues were attentive to your needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Beach Rotana, Abu Dhabi.

I/C Of Beach Rotana Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (4,047)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

stayed for three nights four days on a business trip
the hotel is immaculate and well finished, the attention to detail is wonderful
the flowers throughout the hotel and the ambience in the lobby and various parts of the hotel delightful
one problem i did have is that there appears to be a very lax attitude (of late in AD) regarding smoking in public places - there were people smoking in the lobby area in the non smoking areas as well as in the restaurants (each to their own but i hate the smell of smoke in my clothes esp when i am sat in the non smoking bit of whereever i am)
there is a tiny beach and a reasonable sized pool (although the number of family members means you can find a number of kids screaming around the place as well as the padi divers practising in the deep end)
gym is well equipped and spa facilities also very good
the number of restaurants inside hotel is great - i worked out i'd have to be there for a full week in order to sample everything
do great deals on food and booze...
breakfast was wonderful, large variety and selection and the atrium restaurant is a lovely gentle start to the day
down side - the smoking that seemed to happen everywhere and the slow...sometimes painfully slow service - still feel that AD isnt really meeting the mark in relation to customer service in their hotels.
word of advice, trader vics is great for cocktails and snacks but avoid the food - it was dire! (the traders in Dxb is far better)...
apart from that...well worth a visit and a stay...very comfortable hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear EastLondonGirl

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the stay and the variety of restaurants .

I have also shared your comments with the concerned team members and they thank you for your valuable feedback

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Everything was perfect during my 17 days stay at beach Rotana. Specially Essence restaurant is a good choice for dinner and breakfast for out-comers.
Also it has a internal gateway to the Abu Dhabi's biggest mall Abu Dhabi Mall.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear UGUR T

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay .I was also pleased that you enjoed the service and food at Essence restaurant.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my 5th visit to that hotel and once again they did not disappoint. My room was stunning and well prepared. The staff were just amazing and because it was my birthday they provided me with 4 cakes from different bars, restaurants that I visited within the hotel. The food was exceptional. I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Floor 12 in a classic room in the beach wing is just perfect. Wonderful views. The higher the floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear suwilly666

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the team members recognized and celebrated your birthday .

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I asked for a No-Smoking room. The sign in the room indeed said that it was a No-Smoking Room. And yet the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Technically, it wasn't a Smoking room while I was there but it definitely was not too long before. Honestly. I never used to care about this stuff, but now I hate it. I have allergies. I can't sleep well. No fun. Bad room. Stinky.

Otherwise, the hotel was a blast. There's a great outdoor pool and a super beach. A really nice place to relax. It's a downtown resort. Except for the non-smoking room that smelled of state smoke it was fun staying there.

Another good thing: the mall right next door. Lot's of useful stores.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Excellent. They made us feel welcome.

Too bad the room stunk. Even though it was nice.

Room Tip: Unless you're ok with smoky rooms, get a room that has been no-smoking for a long time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear VermontTraveler21

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our colleagues attentive to your needs.
I have noted your comment about the smoke and i communicated the same to our Director of Houskeeping to look into it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our first impression of the hotel was really bad. We haven't receive the email confirmation and by the time we reached we were told that every guest has to present the ID. A rule whic was imposed in Abu dhabi 4 months ago. Ladies at the front desk Suggested to register only my husband who had the ID and provide us the room but recreation facilities will be only for two. We had 3 adults and one kid and we were about to leave the hotel and return back to Dubai. Finally the arranged to provide us all the facilities and the room. check in took more than 40 monutes and my toddler was really tired and made a huge fuss.

We booked a premium room and it was spotless and really comfortable.we had a huge bathroom and a jacuzzi. Had a large balcony with a good view. Pool side was lovely with a play area for kids. Food was delicious and staff were attentive.

Hotel has direct access to Abu dhabi mall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hazel2020

Dear Hazel2020

Thank you for the posting on Trip advisor following your recent stay

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff accommodating to your needs.
I apologize for any delay upon checkin due to the ID requirements and i have shared your comments with our Reservastions Manager with regards to the confirmation letter to look into it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have now spent about 6 holidays at the Beach Rotana- no trip to the UAE would be complete without it!! Its a very friendly, and relaxed hotel, despite its 5 star rating The staff are without exception,totally charming and helpful. We stayed in a superior room, but from previous experience, the classic rooms are excellent. The food is delicious . The nearest shopping mall is just an escalator away!! My personal paradise is the wonderful infinity pool which is the perfect way to relieve the middle eastern sun!! Can't wait to return....

Room Tip: Half board is a very good option
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Niki M

Dear Niki M

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

The team and I were delighted to read that you really enjoyed your visit.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.