“Short stay”

Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A lovely hotel. Staff courteous and helpful. All areas of the hotel were of a good standard. Fair selection of food on the breakfast buffet. Good options for evening meal. Would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Holidayfan6755,
Thank you for review on our property. We are very happy to hear that our team has been successful in placing you at the “Centre of Our World.” We await your return and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our best regards,

There are newer reviews for Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi

Reviewed April 28, 2014

food is very good and staff are very good at citrus restaurant i am sow glad to find that service in millennium hotel abu dhabi and i like to thank all restaurant team specially krishna , aye ,else and
su.also i like to thank reception team and concierge people l
i hope you will continue with the same service thank s

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear mahmoud773,
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear that our team and in particular Krishna, Aye, Else & Su have been successful in delivering our service promise during your stay. We will definitely notify them of your positive recognition. We await your next visit, in the not so distant future and look forward to being of service to you again. Until then, we remain with our very best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Its the perfect hotel to stay at. Amazing seaview,friendly and helpful staff and always smile on face. It was my 2nd anniversary when we visited Millenium. When we entered our room, we got a big surprise from the hotel managment.. they kept yummy cake and fruits as surprise for us for our anniversary. Double happiness,double anniversary cake cutting :). Rooms and cleanliness is really good. I would suggest everyone to go and stay once..Its most amazing and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Asma P,
Thank you for your kind comments. Please accept our congratulations on your anniversary and we are very happy to hear that our team has been successful in helping with the overall enjoyment of your celebrations . We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. Until then, we remain with our best regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing my review before the checkout time which was scheduled to be tomorrow, I didn't like the hotel at all, starting with the valet parking, they left my car exposed to the sun,I found it morning so much dirty that I have to take it for car washing station before my meetings, breakfast was very poor, no variety,not fresh.....The room looks very old, No Bein Sports channels to watch Chelsea and Liverpool... .....House keeping didn't clean my room even I left the room more than 4 hours with clean my room pleas label. Definitely I will not come again to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tamer N
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Tamer N
We are truly sad to read your review on trip advisor and our team are attempting to locate you and approach you before your departure today from the hotel.
Breakfast offers a selection of Western, Arabic and Far East Asian items, vegetarian options are available. A range for freshly cut fruit, fruit juices, dairy products, freshly baked items from our pastry kitchen, cold cuts, salads, cheese, cook to order egg station and a whole range of other items and hot dishes are available.
We do offer valet parking but do not advertise covered parking and we are sorry to hear your car was dusty.
We also have a range of in room sports channels and it’s unfortunate your match was not available.
Rooms are serviced according to departures and according to guests vacating rooms for daily appointments . Being a business hotel we tend to find clients who depart in the morning do not return until late afternoon. If we had been aware you needed immediate service to your room we would have happily met your requirements.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel over a number of years and am in the middle of an extended business trip at the moment. Again what marks this hotel out is not so much what they do but the friendly manner in which they do it. Across the board staff are friendly it is unusual to not get good service.

There have been some improvements since my last visit - the dining area and coffee area are now non smoking, the result is a much more pleasant atmosphere. Now if only the area around the swimming pool could be made non smoking it would be great - though I appreciate not everyone will share my view...but it is a health area!

Housekeeping were happy to meet my request for my room always to be cleaned in the morning while I am at work. and thankfully my things are left largely where I want them and not moved to meet an arbitrary standard of what should be where.

Some staff of particular friendliness whose paths I have crossed are all the men and women of the health club - the two ladies in Cristal bar - friendly smiles and efficient service. And the dining team who can be relied upon for smiles and qiuick chats when not too busy - thanks to them all and probably unfair to single any out but always good smiles from Krishna, Aye & Sofi. They have an advantage though as they are feeding me I like them all !!!

Any things that could improve? ....and these are minor - occasionally more staff on reception - just one last night at about eight o clock and therefore a bit of frustration.........fish more often at breakfast (though that again is a personal thing as the food is great) and not being able to wear sandals in Cristal bar ....I told you any gripes were minor!!

Finally thanks to Hussein for his excellent timekeeping and still being one of the calmest drivers in Abu Dhabi! and to the seemingly almost ever present duty manager Sanjay.

Room Tip: try and avoid the lower floors on the corner near the Mosque or you may be woken by the early call t...
Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank timmy1011

Dear timmy1011,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience and for your continued loyalty to Millennium Abu Dhabi. It was a pleasure to read your review and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stay and like the smoking improvements. Thank you also for your recognition of Sanjay, Krishna, Aye, Sufie and Hussein. They will most definitely be notified of your kind comments. More fish at breakfast is a good suggestion and we will look into how we can accommodate this within the breakfast range of items. We do have a few dress code requirements in the hotel and try to keep this as limited as possible for a relaxed experience , though with Cristal being a venue serving specifically alcohol we do have slightly stricter regulations on attire. We look forward to being of service to you and thank you once again for taking time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Once again, I'm back in the UAE on a six week business stay spending some time in Dubai but most of my time in Abu Dhabi, so have booked back into the wonderful Millennium on Khalifa Street. It's almost a full year since I was last here, and I've stayed in several top class hotels in the interim period in USA, Europe and Middle East so have plenty to compare against.

What's new? First of all, a new General Manager has recently been appointed. I met him briefly and he impressed as a mature, experienced, professional and personable guy. I think it's still early days for him but, in a quietly visible way, he appears dynamic and keen to drive performance and standards up. I've spotted him a few times holding discreet meetings around the hotel with small groups of what appear to be key staff. I think this level of visibility and openness is a good thing, and the vibe seems to be that most staff appreciate this change in leadership and management style. Obviously, this is a hugely influential factor in how the hotel will perform overall in future.

I also found out the dynamic and always lovely Nevine, who works so hard on on the networking, promotional and public relations front, has moved away from the hotel to work for the hotel owners.This must be a great benefit for them though, fortunately for guests, she can still sometimes be seen around the hotel, always helping to ensure positive outcomes.

Otherwise, all the other good things are still here, thankfully! As I've previously reviewed, whilst this is a very good class hotel, with a great city centre location yet close to the Corniche, with large comfortable rooms, good food, and all you'd expect from a well respected and long established high class hotel, it continues to be the staff who make it stand out with their obvious pride and love for the hotel and what it stands for, and their desire to serve. It's not just me who thinks this, I hear it all the time from other guests in passing, in the lift, by the pool, in the gym, at mealtimes, etc. It is such a pleasure to be so warmly greeted by the drivers, valet and concierge staff right from the moment of arrival, then to be dealt with so efficiently and comfortably by reception staff, then bell boys, room attendants, restaurant staff, leisure facility staff, and several of the operational managers, plus all the usually unseen staff such as in the kitchen, laundry and maintenance departments.

It's hard to highlight staff for special mention when they are generally all so good, but credit where credit is due - some who I feel deserve special mention on this occasion are driver Hussain for his courtesy and efficiency; the cheerful and very respectful Vijay and Baran at the hotel entrance; Linda and Ram at the leisure facility for their fun and friendly, yet professional, manner; and the perfect housekeeping attendant, Maria. The ever charming Rosario adds such value to the hotel with his musicianship. Also, a longstanding absolute star of this hotel is manager Sanjay, the supremely effective, affable and excellent 'Mr Fixit' who seems to be ever present!

During a long stay, so many visits are made to the restaurant that mealtime service becomes extremely important. All staff in the Citrus restaurant work really hard to provide friendly service, and restaurant manager Krishna, leading his service staff including the superb Binu, Aye, Marie and Else are role models in this respect.

To try and balance out this review, over the years I have, of course with such a large and busy hotel, witnessed a tiny amount of disgruntlement from other guests. However, those incidents have been so few and far between, and I would say are usually due to tired travellers or very occasional misunderstandings perhaps through cross-cultural communication. In fairness, this is a negligible aspect.

When there are so many top class hotels in Abu Dhabi to choose from, I remain amazed and very grateful for how this Millennium hotel continues to convince me that, in terms of making me feel warmly welcomed and well cared for, I am at the best hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Park side for the quieter rooms, and Corniche side for a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fineth

Dear fineth,
Thank you for reviewing our property and for your kind recognition of Nevine, Hussein, Vijay, Baran, Linda, Ram, Maria, Sanjay, Krishna, Binu, Aye, Marie and Else. We were delighted to notify them of your positive recognition. We are blessed with some wonderful, hard working employees and as you rightly point out I am new to the property.
I look forward to working with this great team and for the opportunity to add value to a well established brand and property.
If we can be of any assistance during the remainder of your stay please feel free to contact me directly or any of my colleagues on duty.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is one of the perfect place to stay in Abu Dhabi. You are at the centre of town, the service & reception is always perfect, staff at all level will make you feel home and go out of their way to help you.
And if you have the chance of a sea view, then just seat there and enjoy the sunset..............absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guillaume D,
Thank you for reviewing our property and we will certainly pass on your kind comments to our front desk team. It will be a great motivation to them. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.