“Personal Touch”

Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Buhasa
“Personal Touch”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently I had an opportunity to stay with Millennium Hotel Khalifa Street Abu Dhabi for a period of 10 days.

Remarkable thing which I like most is continuous improvement in the service. When I wrote my last review I consider the service quality BEST and during this visit I experience it is a better than the best and it is personnel touch staff is adding.

To give an example, during one of my visit I was given prior information by travel coordinator that I will be provided accommodation in Millennium but upon landing at Abu Dhabi Air Port at mid night when I check with Hotel to my surprise there was no booking for me. Time was odd but counter staff help me out and call few hotels and find out where I was booked I never forget this incident.

I have to also mention about catering service too, Staff member at Citrus are adding personal touch in rendering services. I feel by heart that I am being taken care off. Being a vegetarian is a constrain and in multi culture hotel I don’t except variety of vegetarian food but here also Millennium stands out differently and credit goes to citrus staff particularly to Mr.Krishna who personally look into and make sure that there always be a vegetarian dishes available in the restaurant. This makes the Millennium, the hotel of the choice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank S T
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear ST

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay in our hotel and for your kind comments about the hotel’s continuous improvement.

We are focused upon achieving high values through constant service and facilities upgrade.

I am very proud to be informed of how unique and personal our service is to our guests, for which I like to thank our guests for giving us the opportunity to be at their service with the highest standards.

At Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi we also have several buffet theme nights throughout the week catering for our international guests. Our vast range of buffets varies from Asian, Latin, Moroccan, Italian and many more including a wide selection of vegetarian dishes.

Again, thank you for taking the time out to share your experience. My staff and myself look forward to welcoming you back soon, till then we remain,

Ruprecht Schmitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my second comment after staying at the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi for almost 4 months. What is unique about this Hotel is its Senior Management headed by Hotel General Manager Mr. Rupercht Schmitz who has the extensive professional Management talent to resolve quests problem promptly and really makes you feel that you left home to stay at home. I personally would like to salute Mr. Schmitz for his professionalism and attention / gesture given to me and my family.

Further, special thanks to Mr. Milad Anwar - Restaurants Manager and in charge of Marakesh Restaurant, which is the best Restaurant in the Emirates, for his kind attention and friendly approach . Moreover, special thanks too to Miss Nevine Ezzat an Expert Public Relations and Communication Director for her nice smile / friendly approach as well as her kind attention to solve any problem that may face you.

Last but not least, special thanks to Mr. Antony Tadros – Senior Sales Executive who has taken all my question burdens since my stay at the Millennium.
Finally, sincere regards, to all the waitress and waiters for their patience and kindness.
In spite being a Hilton H Honors I preferred to stay at the Millennium for all these professional people, family of the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi.

Mohamed Zayed

Room Tip: Higher Floors gives you a great sea view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mohamed Z
Dear Mr. Mohamed Z

Thank you very much for your inspiring comments on our hotel’s facilities, features and especially towards the service delivery by my colleagues, Mr. Milad Anwar, Miss. Nevine and Mr. Antony Tadros who were very happy about your tremendous appreciation.

All feedback is very much appreciated especially when it is a positive. It is extremely important for us to constantly benchmark our service standards to ensure that our guest’s expectations are met every time they visit our hotel.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to make you again, The Centre of our World! Till then we remain,

UK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Am back in Abu Dhabi after working away for the last 12 months or so. Have been staying in 5 star hotels in other countries in the Middle East Region and USA, but am so glad to be back at the Millennium, Khalifa Street. None of the others have compared with the overall experience of a long business stay here. I've also checked out the Grand Millennium which is newer but doesn't have quite the same feel or superb location being in the city centre yet so close to the Corniche.
I was really surprised and delighted to be remembered by so many staff, and immediately made to feel just as welcome and comfortable as being at home. For me, this is the key to the success of this hotel. There is a new General Manager who has been quite visible, more so than the last GM, and I think this is a good thing. I've noticed he not only makes himself more accessible but also takes time to personally respond to comments written on sites such as Trip Advisor.
I operate a Human Resource Development consultancy, and it is a pleasure to observe the positive relationships between the senior departmental managers and service staff on a daily basis.
It would be unfair to single out individual staff for special praise because I find all the staff work hard to provide a consistently first class service. However, something that reflects well on the management style at this hotel is to find that excellent service is rewarded, for example with Krishna in the Citrus Restaurant who has been promoted. I remember him on a previous long stay and was so impressed by his smartness, courtesy, efficiency, and leadership of other restaurant staff. Such role model behaviour surely rubs off onto other staff and, in turn, benefits the hotel residents.
I've tried not to repeat comments from my last review of this hotel, but the positive comments from back then still apply.
Since my last long stay in Abu Dhabi some excellent new hotels have opened, particularly the spectacularly fine hotels which I have also visited near the Grand Mosque, but to my mind they lose out on location unless you simply want a holiday base.
The only reason I've given the spa facility a four star rating is because of the smallish size of the swimming pool, but the gym is well equipped with sauna and steam room all looked after by extremely welcoming staff.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a really comfortable hotel in a great city centre location, yet so close to the Corniche, whilst conducting business in Abu Dhabi, I would look no further than here!

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room ask for a 'Garden' view. If you prefer a 'Corniche' view...
4 Thank fineth
Dear fineth

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. Your compliments are most appreciated and we too are very happy that you enjoyed our superb location with the wonderful views of the corniche and capital garden.

Furthermore, we are really pleased to learn that you find a personal connection when visiting the Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi. It’s what we strive for in order to make you the “Center of our World”!

I have also passed on your gratitude to our Citrus Restaurant manager Mr. Krishna, who was delighted to hear your terrific feedback.

Again, thank you for taking the time out to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Till then we remain,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Think twice before going to this hotel. With a competitive hotel market in Abu Dhabi there is better to be had. The hotel in my opinion is tried and dated. I upgraded on arrival to club level. I honestly could not see what I got for the upgrade. Or should I say its a concern to think what I would have had without the upgrade!!. From the moment i walked in I felt the staff have been trained to extract extra money from you. Fine if its worth the money but this place does not deliver. When you see a sign at the buffet restaurant informing you of the small portions that are advisable, you know its about max profit in my eyes. There are better city centre hotels to be had at equally similar rates. Go there.

2 Thank Carlton M
Dear Mr. Carlton

Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and for your feedback.

We regret that our services have seemingly not met all your expectations.

In regards to your concern about the sign / menu in our restaurant advising small portions, I believe there must have been a misunderstanding with the suggested diabetes friendly menu.

The serving sizes are approved by Al Noor Hospital in Abu Dhabi advising suitable portions for our diabetic guests.

We at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi ensure value for money through various promotions and benefits including access to the Millennium club lounge on the 15th floor when upgrading. We take our guests feedback very serious and take all measures to improve in areas recommended.

Thank you again for your time taken to review our hotel. I would like to welcome you back to our hotel to be given the opportunity to ensure your next experience is a more positive one. Till then we remain,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in Millenium Abu Dhabi during a business trip earlier this month. The hotel is about 30 minutes drive from the airport but the hotel had arranged a to-and-fro transfer from the airport to the hotel and back, which was very convenient.

The hotel is on Khalifa street and very close to most banks and offices nearby. It is also not very far from the Marina and a couple of major malls. Overall, its a pretty decent business hotel.

Check-in was done in a jiffy and the room was clean and spacious. The air-conditioning was noiseless and the free wifi was fast and reliable. Room service was efficient and the food was of good quality. Breakfast in the lobby is as expected from a business hotel. Decent range and done reasonably well, notwithstanding the stern looking waitresses.

Concierge service is average. I asked several times for an adaptor to charge my phone but it seems the hotel only has a small number of them and all of them were already in use elsewhere. I only managed to figure this out after 3-4 phone calls to the concierge desk. The room itself has the usual amenities that are expected from a business hotel, nothing too lavish or fancy. For a deluxe room, I would've expected a bit more.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view. There is a small park on the opposite side of the hotel. This litt...
2 Thank anil d
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Anil

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our Hotel. I am happy to hear you were impressed with the quickness of our service staff at the Front Desk. I am also delighted to learn you enjoyed the comfort of our spacious and well-maintained rooms including the high speed internet connection.

Regarding your comment in relation to the limited availability of adaptors, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this many have caused due to all adaptors being occupied at the time. We highly appreciate your feedback and have taken in account the above mentioned.

Again thank you for visiting our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Till then we remain

Europe
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice hotel, in walking distance of both Corniche and the shops. Bar and restaiurants relaxing and pleasant. Rooms are nicely equipped and well serviced, corridors to rooms looking a bit tired, but at the end of the day they are just corridors. Staff all seem friendly, welcoming without being overbearing. Small seating area in foyer which is nice, with coffee etc available, pity smoking is allowed on most of the tables. Food is good, plentiful and nice variety, breakfast good variety only complaint is the poached eggs always seem hard and overdone, that aside good food. Will happily stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank timmy1011
GM_MHAUH, General Manager at Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Timmy1011

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding our Hotel.

I am pleased to know you were able to visit all our Restaurants including the Cristal Bar, our exclusive Cigar and Champagne Bar. I am also happy to know you enjoyed the pleasant and relaxing environment of the Hotel and enjoyed the variety of our lavish buffet options.

In relation to your concern regarding the hardness of the poached eggs, please note that I have addressed this with the relevant department. We appreciate your feedback as it allows the Hotel to continually better its service.

Again thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Till then we remain,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Good day...
I was having my Iftar during Ramadan At Citrus Restaurant at Millennium Hotel Abu Dhabi..
The venue was amazing, reflects the spirit of Ramadan, the service was more than excellent, Staff offered us every thing we need before even asking, with big smile on their faces all the time..
Talking about the food, it was the best collection I ever had in town, all the dishes I imagined was served there, meat, chicken, sea food, sweets, salads, even Chicken Shawerma :)
Kids enjoyed their time there too, with the Cotton Candy as a reward when finishing their plates :)
Thanks again for this great time, and for your kindness, in shaa Allah definately will be there soon :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marwa_Abdullah
Dear Marwa

Thank you so much for visiting our Hotel with your family during Ramadan and for your time taken to write a wonderful review.

I am delighted to learn the service staff at Citrust Restaurant delivered an exceptional service.
We are very proud of our Cirtus, Marakesh and Sivilo’s Restaurants, which are amongst the top recommended and talked about outlets in Abu Dhabi.

Our theme night buffets are also well-known for their wide selection of dishes, quality food and value for money and after the reopening of our Italian Restaurant Sevilo’s we look forward to hosting you again.