I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past 10 years and have come to realise that it's glory days are long behind it. It is ideally placed in the fast growing city of Abu Dhabi being by the sea (although it's more an inlet surrounded by huge developments now) , close to a large Mall and near the Corniche. But that is the only reason I would return. The hotel itself is old, tired and need of a major renovation.
Here's a list of good and bad;
- the setting in the courtyard area to one side of the hotel is very nice
- good range of restaurants and bars but avoid the one that is actually in the hotel which is drab and dingy
- nice pool area
- great Thai restaurant outside.
- good sports bar outside.
- some pleasant staff. P
- the rooms are second rate for a hotel charging the rates it does. Compared to nearly any other 4-5 star hotel I have used in Abu Dhabi, this is the worst by far. This is my major gripe. Small, dingy with a bathroom from the dark ages!
- the hotel has a strange smell to it and my room stank of cigarettes even though it was non smoking.
- the gym is not large enough or well equipped enough
- some totally unmotivated staff.
The problem with this hotel is that it has been left behind. Abu Dhabi now boasts some of the best hotels in the world and unfortunately Le Meridien has not repos dead to the emergence of some very serious competition.
My comments are made as a business traveller. For the recreational visitor the hotel may be ok, especially as it does have some nice restaurants in the courtyard area outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien provides you with the comfort of your home. The lush gardens and private beach make it an ideal destination for business travellers & tourists. The famed Méridien Village brings the world to your plate, with a unique mix of 14 restaurants and bars. Let Le Méridien spoil you with its recreation & rejuvenation facilities - a blend of health, fitness and fun at Eden Spa & Health Club. Special Ayurveda and Litho therapies available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Meridien Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Le Meridien