“Great”

Ranked #60 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Malibu, California, United States
“Great”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I didn't really know what to expect from this little jewel of a hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised.

The good: Next to and walking distance to many cute little restaurants and bars. Walking distance to a large shopping mall. Free parking. Free interent in lobby. Has own small little private beach. The pools are nice. The gym is nice. The SPA is free and awesome. A must see. I could have spent hours in there. Older hotel, but has personality, especially with the middle eastern Aladdin type theme.

The bad: The rooms are a bit older. Not super clean. I found a stain on the sheets. The one time I ordered food (at the pool), it was not good and I had to send back. Older hotel/Not a super fancy new hotel.

I recommend the drive to Abu Dhabi while in Dubai. And if you get out there, this may be your hotel. Very good value (I used points and not much), and very good place to relax and start your day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Asail77
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Asail77,

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with regards to your stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi.
We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay. However, we regret to learn that the food at the beach bar was not up to your expectations. With regards to cleanliness, we sincerely apologize for this isolated incident. We have communicated this matter to the relevant department to take extra care when presenting our hotel and to prevent it from recurring.
Look forward to welcome you back to Le Méridien Abu Dhabi in the not too distant future.

Nemo ACIMOVIC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff at the hotel,the food was top quality,with a good variety and number of dishes at every sitting,if you didn't want to eat in the main restaurant there are several bars/restaurants linked to the hotel..something for everyone.The hotel has its own private man-made beach and adjoining pool,there is also spa facilities,unfortunately i had no time to use these as i was on a business trip.
as
The hotels location is ideal for easy access to the shopping malls and various shops/restaurants nearby.
All the usual services are provided..laundry/high speed internet/cable etc.. also my room was like a presidential suite...overall a very nice stay..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank steve w
Dear steve w,

Thank you for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on your recent stay at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Checked in 1 nite on 22 Sept. Cost 327.25 UAE DIRHAM. Room only.

I dint get the chance to really tour the hotel coz of time constrain. But……..

Hotel: The building is not really prominent & I felt a slight letdown the moment I saw the hotel building from a distance. Bcoz I was expecting something “Royal” but nevertheless I still think the lobby is quite grand & the garden juz out the side entrance is really nice.

Room: The standard double room is HUGE! Plenty of room/space to run around & throw clothes all over… I like!! :D However…. I was given a room on the 2nd floor. I'm ok that I'm given a room with no-view but it is kinda scary to see cleaners cleaning the room window the moment u open the curtain! Also, the room did looked really "tired" which showed in the quality of the room furnitures & in the bathroom. And oh, lack of toiletries!

Staffs: The Sikh doorman was very frenly. And the African lady who checked me in was very sweet. But it seems that most of the other hotel staffs working on the lobby floor kinda gave me the cold shoulder. They were juz only too eager to please, to help, to smile at Middle Eastern & Caucasians guests. This is totally a minus point! Im a paying customer, dun I get to be treated like one regardless of my race (Im Singaporean btw) or the fact that I dun walk around wearing fancy dress & high heels??

Convenience: Abu Dhabi Mall is juz “next door” barely a minute walk-away! And of course there’s other smaller shopping places & tons of eateries all within walking distance. So u dun have to worry about last minute shopping, being hungry or getting some last minute emergency supplies!

Hotel guests: Mostly Caucasian.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Location is very good, facilities are good, a bit old but fine. Generally everything is good if you don't expect extremely services. Staff is polite,sweet, helpful unfortunately some of them are dull. I just had to extend extreme patience when they didn't know how to solve problem, at reception counter. They performed their duty well / professionally, but do not expect 'WOW' from them.

I booked 'King-size bed' as I traveled with my partner, still they gave us two single beds which they tried to attach as double bed. It was real mean.

I may recommend this hotel to easy-going people, do it yourself, quick-witted problem solving, and thoes who focus on their business in surrounding hotel location, but not for the people who expect the service from the hotel at the end.

Room Tip: Room with balcony is romantic, but smaller than one without balcony. Make sure that they give real...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tourya M, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Sweety T,

Thank you for your observations and comments. We strive hard to provide our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. We regret to learn you did not have the experience you were expecting at our hotel.
Normally we endeavor to provide exceptional guest care and would like to mention the difficulties experienced are not a normal reflection of our usual high standard of customer service. However, please know that the issues you have raised have been addressed and appropriate action have been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in future.
I am glad however, that you enjoyed the location and facilities.
We hope that we would have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and ensure you of our best services.

Yours Sincerely,
Brisbane
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a good deal and were guaranteed the better rooms, the hotel itself looks like it is ready to be levelled for the new road going through so I think nothing has been spent on it for a while. As a non smoker it is a rude shock to be hit with the smell as you entered the hotel and the room we got smelled so bad from smoking that we asked for another non smoking room, which they happily did. The breakfast is a big worry, we had an early flight so went down right at 6am when it opened. All the supposedly warm things like pancakes, meat etc was cold, I think it was put into the bain marie to heat up. The other restaurants we didnt try. A big plus was the staff, they made the staying warm and welcoming, a big laugh at the end when we checked out was the concierge that showed me outside and pointed to our car and handed the keys over and asked if I could go and get the car, he can't drive.

Room Tip: remember non smoking, it still exists.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Notle,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to give us the feedback with regards to your stay.
We are glad to learn that my colleagues were able to provide you with the service level that you expected.
Please be informed that we follow a strict non-smoking policy in designated non smoking areas as per the local law regulations. We would like to stress that your observations will definitely taken into consideration in order to improve our level of services.
We will ensure your kind words are shared with our associates. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon at our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My name is Angelina Stoimenova and I am working in a Starwood property as well.
I have been staying many times in your hotel during the weekend, because of a simple fact - the Front Office team and especially one of the team leaders,which name I don't exactly remember. The hospitality they are providing and the friendly atmosphere I felt made me making mostly booking exactly in your property.
So accessible and proffesional team is hard to find in UAE,flexible and positive.
With pleasure I would enjoy the up-coming weekend in your hotel again.

Room Tip: just write your request and re confirm it once you are checking in
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Anjie777,

Thank you very much for sharing your views and kind comments of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that your stays were comfortable and that you enjoy the service provided to our guests. We will ensure your kind words are shared with our associates.
It will truly be a pleasure for us to welcome you again soon.