“Great Starwood Welcome”

Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bergen
“Great Starwood Welcome”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Being an SPG (Starwood Prefered Guest)Platinum member I was very well received. I was upgraded to a fantastic suite and looked after very well. The staff were very helpful and polite.
I never got to use much of the facilities because I was busy both day and night. The hotel was quiet and the bed fantastic.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Become an SPG member,
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
bkhan10, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Winson796,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for staying at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

It is with joy I am reading your comments about your recent stay with us. Please be assured that I will share your words with my team and pass your compliments to them.

I hope to be welcoming you back to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have booked this hotel for my short trip because of its central location downtown Abu Dhabi.
The entrance hall is beautiful without being excessive, there are many sitting areas with small tables were you can have meeetings or prepare your work. Nobody is urging you to eat or drink, although waiters are promptly available when you need them. Rooftop rotating french restaurant is quite OK and the view is impressive.
I had booked a standard room, which was clean and of good surface (30 sqm). all have a view on the sea and the pool. furnitures show a little bit the age of the hotel, but after all everything was in good working conditions. 120 €/day including breakfast is for me a good value considering the place you are.

Room Tip: you can choose the cheapest available, as the rooms are all from same side. insist for a NON smoking...
Dear KinPa_1951,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
I am happy to read that all of our staff made you feel comfortable by being promptly available but not forcing to order. I am furthermore glad that you had the chance to experience our rooftop restaurant Al Fanar, the only revolving fine-dining restaurant in Abu Dhabi.

It is great that you enjoyed your room with beautiful views of the Corniche and the Arabian Gulf. I am also happy that you had the chance to indulge in our great breakfast buffet.

I would be very happy to be welcoming you back in the very near future at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2011

nice hotel, staff very helpful.good rooms, clean, with lots of wee extras.however when booking in, if you dont put down your credit card number with them(i never take credit cards abroad), they come staright up and empty your mini bar..like your going to rip em off or something, so that was a bit uncomfortable.air con almost too cold..i could have sat with a cardi on ha ha!!never got in pool, was packed all the time.not enough sun lounges for amount of people either.also , cheesy pop music blaring out, so not very relaxing and peaceful.
only stayed two nights, didnt have anything to eat..very expensive to eat and drink in the hotel.we did use the internet once for 5 mins to print off something and they gave us it for free.

Room Tip: we were very lucky, top floor 23, brillant view of corniche we emailed ahead to request this and the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lunarsqueak
Dear jacdav,

Thank you very much for staying at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi and thank you for your constructive feedback. If I may take some minutes of your time, please allow me to explain to you the following:

We would never expect any of our guests to “rip us off” with minibar consumption. A minibar is generally a service device that contains value. It is to each guest’s own discretion to leave a credit card or a cash deposit upon check-in, so all room features are fully available. Please accept my apologies if this option was not offered to you.

Furthermore I would like to apologize for the too cold air conditioning. Please be aware that our engineering department is available 24/7 to assist you with any concerns you might have.
Assuming from your comments about the pool, I am guessing that you have been staying with us over the weekend. We have just introduced our great pool party on Saturdays at our Irish Pub PJ’s with free access to the pool. I sincerely apologize if you felt disturbed by this and you were unable to relax.

I am glad to read that you were happy with your room and the stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and the Corniche and that we were able to honor your request to compensate a little for the above-mentioned experiences.

Even though your stay was not the most comfortable one, I would be very pleased if you would decide to return to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi so we can show you that our standards are much higher than the ones you have experienced last time.

Florence, Italy
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I tried this hotel after staying at Sheraton Cornice for a long time,
it looks good, rooms are nicer, but I think for several things I will change hotel next time.
Please note I am a starwood preferred guest (spg) base member, my room was at spg floor.

PRO
- rooms look nice
- night laundry service available (give by 22.00, receive by 8.00)
- there is a nice bar for cocktails
- nice car to pick you up at the airport (mine audi a8) and competent driver
- 25% discount at italian restaurant if you are spg member
- you find shaving and dental kit in your bathroom
- internet speed is good (via cable in room, wireless only in the lobby)
- plug converter in the room

CONS
- gym is very very small for such an hotel
- breakfast is very small for such an hotel (you find some delicatesse, but you don't find things like nuts, fresh honey, low fat cheese, ham)
- bathroom in the rooms shall be renewed
- italian restaurant is nothing special
- fish restaurant (ocean) is nothing special
- no wireless in the room (only cable)

I hope this review was useful for all of you

3 Thank MaverickR1
Dear MaverickRome,

Thank you very much for staying at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi and sharing your positive as well as your constructive feedback with us. I am glad to see that you were satisfied with the room you have received upon check-in. Please be informed that we have just completed our renovation phase and will start with a new face for many rooms into the next year. Furthermore I have forwarded your concerns regarding our Italian restaurant Amalfi and the breakfast buffet selection to our Chef and our Food & Beverage Manager. Even though you very not so happy with our Amalfi restaurant I am happy that you received the benefits of 25% discount as an esteemed SPG member.

I hope to be welcoming you back in the very near future to Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have been here not even a week, and i am moving out to another hotel (Was booked for 19 nights) Eveything is very expensive, food drink , but what i cannot live with is the fact that i have to pay for my internet. Thats absolut BS, i can get n free in the lounge, b ut im not going to spend the whole night in the lounge.
Some staff are friendly , others are not, Breakfast was ok, None of the "Cooked" food, but the eggs appealed to me, so i ended up having Cereals etc.

Room was nice on 23rd floor, pity about the dirty windows. TV was little dissapointing for such a highly graded hotel, not even a flatscreen, let alone a lcd.
Even though its nice, you will need to come with an open wallet. I simply wont do it again, neither anyone else from my company.

Dear Andre V,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi.
It is with dismay I am reading your comments about your stay. I have taken all your concerns into consideration and they have been discussed with each department. I am glad to read that the room you received was nice. We have just gone through a major renovation phase and will be starting with many new rooms (with LCD TVs) into the high season.

I would highly appreciate if you would give us another chance so we can prove to you that our standards are much higher than the ones you have experienced last time.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 17, 2011

One of us stayed here on the back of a business trip to Dubai to meet up with some friends. Obviously it was not the peak tourist season because of the temperature hence room price were attractive in general, anyway I got a very nice and spacious suite for a very good rate. Staff is extremely friendly and professional. A pity the outside pool was out of order. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DeKokkies
Scarborough, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a great hotel. Booking in was a pleasure. Concierge service was amazing with such friendly staff organising our trips. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a delight with terrific food quality and selection. WiFi reception was great in a very large and comfortable lobby with food and drink service available. Outdoor pool was closed on second day but great indoor pool was still open. Didn't use gym but it looked well equipped.

Stayed July 2011. We'll certainly be back if in Emirates again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple