Le Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Trianon Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
1,361 results
All reviewsmarket kitchenrevolving restaurantcafe palmierirish barindoor poolsea viewthe club loungehouse keepingbusiness hotelbusiness tripitalian restaurantcomfortable roomsan upgradefive star hotelspecial thanksmarina mallferrari world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is a typical 4 or 5 star hotel which boats its sea views so I was astonished when I checked in and was given a room with two of the smallest windows ever to be seen in a top hotel. Felt like a luxury room in a prison. Think it seems to be rooms numbered 1 and 14 so beware. Why do they have them ?? was ready for a very negative review.After finding out my collegous were in great rooms I complained .To the compliment of the manager was moved very quickly to there sea view rooms, and what a room. The rooms are huge with magical views over the Arabian sea via full width windows. And huge bathrooms. Usual problem with top end hotels - no Free Wi-fi.
If you like non cooked breakfast, have room service, best breakfast I have had for a long time, whereas the breakfast downstairs in usual hotel fare.
Great selection of restuarants wihin the hotel ( at least 5)
Must mention reception staff who were excellent.

Room Tip: ensure you get a sea view room GUARENTEED
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank scotaussie
Reviewed July 18, 2011

When you ask a taxi driver in Abu Dhabi to take you to the Royal Meridien, they will inevitably respond, "Leeeeeeeeeee Royal Meridien?" That is because there is the regular, non-royal, Le Meridien as well. (Actually, rumor has it that one is closing / has closed in summer 2011.)

I spent about 2 to 3 months total at the Royal Meridien, scattered over a period of perhaps 6 months. It is in many ways an excellent hotel, and one that I would be hard-pressed not to recommend to people. Almost everything about the place is done just about right. That said, not much about the place really stands out, and there are a few things that could be much better.

Rooms are comfortable, as are the beds, and the bathrooms are superb. I have been lucky enough to have been upgraded to a suite most times, but the regular rooms are perfectly fine as well. (Just make sure you get a room in the new rather than the old tower -- makes a huge difference.) The room service menu is truly excellent, with lots of great choices, and high quality as well. (My personal favorite is the Middle Eastern mixed grill.) Although the check-in staff are not the warmest individuals, their colleagues from room service and the concierge are all very friendly, and it is always very nice to have a quick chat with one of them, but that's just my personal preference. Finally, the location, right around the corner from the Sheraton Corniche is very good too, close to the business district, and not far from the road to the airport either (which is very useful when trying to catch a flight on a Thursday evening when the roads are typically quite congested).

A not-so-great point is the TVs -- for a 5* hotel, a bit of a shame to have the old TVs rather than flatscreen; not a deal-breaker for me, but still, it is a little strange. The gym, I am sorry to say, is quite bad, and frankly almost an embarrassment for such an expensive hotel. During busy hours, typically in the morning between 8 and 9 am, finding a taxi outside can be quite difficult, in part because of the hotel's somewhat awkward location. Restaurants in this hotel are decent but not spectacular, with my personal favorite being Soba (Japanese), and the Irish bar is pretty decent to catch whatever football games are on.

All in all, I would recommend staying here, and I personally would definitely go back. It is just not a place I would stay for extended periods of time, in particular because of the gym and the not-so-personal service.

Room Tip: Avoid the old tower, the new tower rooms are a lot better. Some construction nearby, so the higher the quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wortel121
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stopped for 4 nights whilst on business in Abu Dhabi.

I was put in a newly renovated room with a view over the Corniche and out to the Gulf. The room was very well decorated, big flat screen, sofa and all the usuals. Only drawbacks were: you have to pay for internet access at outrageous rates (even the lowly, nearby Novotel throws that in for free - I'd expect better from the Royal Meridien) and the design of the bathroom means that you need to build a wall with towels to avoid flooding the whole bathroom when you shower (I think this is a design glick as it doesn't look like its meant to be a wet room).

The Royal Meridien has decided to close its outdoor pool all summer to allow it to put up an Iftar tent. Unfortunately that just leaves the very small indoor pool which is only really of interest to kids. The gym is also smaller than I'd expected from such a big 5* hotel.

The hotel does however have some of the best selection of places to eat and drink in AD.

Would not hesitate to stay again - at the right price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JJimBean
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel has everything you need, from dining to entertainment. I have stayed here many times in the past four months and I can’t remember any bad incident happened to me while I was there. The rooms are clean and spacious with beautiful sea view (I like to close all light and enjoy the view at night). Bath room is clean with enough towels. Room service, house keeping and front office are all professional and friendly. There was one time I remember my bed was 2 single mattress combined to form king size. It was uncomfortable for us. I passed my comment to the management before going out shopping and when I came back it was already changed. If you want to relax and enjoy your time I really recommend this hotel. Whether you are SPG member or not you will be treated nicely and respectfully. I also recommend it for families with kids.
Many thanks to all front office employees and duty manager Mr. Ahmed.

Room Tip: Try to avoid corner rooms, there nothing much to see. it' not full glass wall
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faisal77
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed here while visiting our daughter on a work assignment to Abu Dhabi. Our daughter was staying here so we naturally wanted to stay at the same hotel and we are very glad we did. Our 11th story deluxe "corner" room was very affordable with a beautiful view from the windows all along one entire wall facing the Arabian Gulf. It also had a separate living area and kitchenette which was very nice. The service was impeccable, the location was great, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our daughter had the standard room and wished she had ours. I recommend paying the little bit extra for the deluxe room. It is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family