Novel Hotel City Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
  • Pool
Paragon Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmercure hotelindigo barle beaujolaiscentral locationwtc mallbusiness arearooms are cleanlate at nightwalking distancesuperior roomnice stayabu dhabi citynice roomstayed here for nightsfree shuttleshort stayhotel is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed for 4 days in Mercure Hotel. I got a nice deal from Expedia for $77. The staff is friendly and helpful. The internet was free and fast. I never experienced any problem in service. You can access the Abu Dhabi easily either with public bus or taxi. The hotel is surrounded by a lot of restaurants. I recommended for each one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mo2men
Reviewed December 18, 2013

In 2007 I posted " I can't imagine a less-than $100 rate AND an excellent French bistro at the same hotel." Guess what? Chef Omar's French bistro is still excellent, and still reasonably priced, and the daily room rate is still less than $100!! On my last visit, my Abu Dhabi resident friends were skeptical. After all, the neighborhood is not at all splashy, and in fact may be a bit of a detraction for families. Moreover, it it is modest, so far as UAE hotels go. No dolphins to swim with, no Phantoms to fetch yoou from the airport, et al. But, hey, it looks pretty darned good, the water is hot, the beds are comfortable and it is, and always has been consistent. I can't even remember my first visit. Probably more than 10 years ago. It wasn't called the Mercure, just the Centrale Hotel, and it was even less upmarket than now. BUT it gave value for money, and it has consistently gotten better with ongoing renovations.. My last vist was a delight. My AUH pals loved the French food, and I loved having a room spacious enough to have friends in to share a bottle of wine. "This place isn't so bad," they admit. You'll enjoy the the delish comp breakfast, and you will get a kick out of the strange cooking station on the breakfast buffet. It is a fire regulation thing I understand, but it looks like some sort of bullet-proof box! And they remember you! I had complicated issues with Expedia but the new Reservations Manager M. Ranier took care of it without breaking a sweat. This kid has GM possibilities in his future for sure! The concierge was a kind and familiar face who reminded me of details of previous trips I had forgotten, and continues to be a real resource.. Most of the Front Desk staff were very helpful without being cloying. Housekeeping was excellent as well. The Business Center is small but handy. I used their airport shuttle and the guy was super helpful with luggage as well as getting the ubiquitious Simm card for my phone, in record time And one last secret, and why I'm telling you I don't know, but you can get Chinese food from room service! Not just the stuff on the menu but everything! Hope that revealation doesnt get someone canned!! This hotel is way more boutique than commercial, with lots of people who seem to really enjoy working with guests. And with the $$$ you save, you can go have a luxe high tea at the Palace. Whoopee!

Room Tip: Opt for a larger room if you're going to be there for over one night, or ifyou are traveling with someone.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank desertdenizen
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I enjoyed staying here for business. The location is good and central, and it's easy to grab a cab off the street outside or organise the hotel car for your meetings. The buffet breakfast is of a good standard, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff are very polite and helpful. There is a Chinese restaurant which is fine, and also a French style restaurant, which is very pleasant and has an eye-catching array of pastries and desserts on show, though I didn't sample these myself.
There is a pleasant bar with piano music, and also a small but well maintained pool, and a sauna, steam room and gym. The sauna and steam room are available to men and women at separate times.
There are some really big rooms in this hotel, I had an unexpected upgrade to one on the 20th floor, so if you fancy a bit more space it may be worth finding out more about these!
The only downside for this place to me is I would take earplugs, you can hear through the walls, and the staff begin enthusiastic vacuuming fairly early in the day!!

Room Tip: Check out the suites - they're big!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business