Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,630 results
All reviews belgian cafe selections restaurant fish market piano lounge byblos sur mer marina mall beach club all inclusive package club room third floor beach area cha gio concierge desk city view pool bar health club special mention
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff where fantastic, the food was good, i would reccomend this hotel, the rooms where dated in my opinion but i would stay there again as we felt the hotel offered good value for money and the amenities added the value, thanks.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at InterContinental ABU DHABI.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our services to improve our guests experience. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Again, thank you for choosing InterContinental Abu Dhabi , and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My review is regarding the accessible room only as for someone in a wheelchair there are some negative points which may or may not be useful:

1. There is a grab rail at the back of the seat meaning you need to be careful as you sit down as you then can’t lean back and In fact leaning slightly forward.

2. The shower is more of a dribble so you had to try to turn to reach it, however I found taking the shower off and holding it was easier but then you are holding on with one hand with the shower in the other.

3. The shower doors are a bit heart stopping, as you need to put the chair close to the toilet and then when reversing I was holding my breath in case I hit the doors.

The room was big enough to wheel around in freely and the bed a good height.

We could get around the hotel easy as there were ramps next to all stairs. We did find it easier going to the pool on level 3 (as the Bayshore is a beach as well). The pool staff were very good and a great help.

The hotel and staff as a whole were great and we would certainly book there again next year.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The InterContinental Abu Dhabi is my go to place when in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

I have stayed here many times over the years most recently for the 2019 Formula One Grand Prix. I have always found the service to be fantastic. The ICAD recognises Ambassador & IHG Platinum status on check-in. On my last stay but one I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite! A memorable experience!

The InterContinental is one of the oldest hotels in the region and has an amazing history.

There is a private south facing beach, sun terrace and pools. The breakfast in the main restaurant has an amazing variety but it can be busy which is cool if you want to people watch.

The Club Lounge provides a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere. Afternoon tea in the lounge is a treat and the early evening drinks and canapes are perfect before dinner. After all that eating there is a nice gym and steam room/sauna to work out.

All the staff are a pleasure, from the delightful Melanie and Ramly at the Concierge desk to Nastia on the front desk and Mona Liza & team in the Club Lounge.

Raouf’s team deliver. Time and again. It is why my family and I keep going back.

Room tip: The most amazing sunsets can be seen from the Club Lounge.
Date of stay: December 2019
InterContinentalAD, Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing food in all of the restaurants and there are many to work through! Stunning setting and very helpful and efficient staff.
We had a few problems with our room which were quickly and efficiently remedied and the manager was very kind and followed up making sure that my daughter and I were completely happy. Nothing was too much trouble.
We went to the Falcon hospital and Desert safari (dune bashing, camel riding, quad biking and sand boarding with Oceanair travels, which were both fantastic experiences.

Room tip: Ocean facing room overlooking the marina which was great.
1  Thank honorb773

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were very well looked after by the senior concierge who also provided travel advice and downloaded our tickets for The Palace & Grand Mosque for easier admission without queuing. Basra at the reception was also helpful and we obtained an Ambassador IHG membership to obtain the best rates and hotel offers. Finally Yousuf helped with our cases when leaving. We certainly recommend staying here at The Intercontinental, Abu Dhabi to be well looked after in a very comfortable hotel with great restaurants and amenities.

1  Thank Destinations20