“Fabulous holiday experience.”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I have travelled extensively around the world and this hotel was exceptional in many ways.
Location.......excellently positioned to take advantage of both sea and city views. Close to the Corniche and Marina Mall. The Bus tour is a must and can be picked up at the Etihad Towers only a 5 minute walk away.
Staff.....obviously trained to a very high standard. Nothing was too much trouble and their main concern was the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. This was evident throughout the hotel. Simply terrific!
Rooms......extremely comfortable with everything a guest would need. The bath was a little small but as everything else was so good, this was insignificant. There was also a shower cubicle which had a fantastic overhead shower.
Pool....the pool area is well laid out and the water is kept at 29 degrees. However it would benefit from more greenery.
Food.....We have stayed in dozens of hotels around the world and I would rate the quality of the food in the Selections restaurant up there with the best we have ever had. Our package included full board and after 5 days we still can't believe the quality and variety of dishes available. You will undoubtably find many things to delight your palate.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Abu Dhabi.
Thanks to everyone for making this an exceptional holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the higher floors for a view of the Marina and to enjoy the sunshine through...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DylisUK
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. It pleases me immensely to read that you have enjoyed your stay and found our team to be professional, attentive and helpful. It is also nice to know that you have enjoyed our Club Lounge.

I do hope that you will return back again soon to enjoy our new Bayshore facilities that we are expecting to open very soon. These facilities will include a swimming pool with a swim up bar, a children’s pool with a slide, a health club with a gym and treatment rooms, a beach restaurant, the white sandy beach with a beach bar.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice hotel, very well equipped gym, pleasant pool area. Very friendly staff. Especially Loana and Raouf at concierge desk. The hotel rooms provide everything that is needed, except they could have replaced the bath tub with a larger shower.

• Stayed: February 2014
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your kind works with our team, Loana and Raouf are pleased that you were happy with their service.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the bath tub and I assure you it will be discussed.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed for three nights in January 2014. We were attending the WFES in Abu Dhabi so flew in and out on overnight flights via Dubai. The staff were very professional and extremely helpful. We had an early check in and late check out so there was no problem with coming back from the summit and having time to shower and change before our flight back.
The business lounge on the 18th floor was a really relaxed place to chill out in the evenings. The staff were very attentive and taster menu was different each evening and very enjoyable.
I did not have the opportunity to try the spa, maybe next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed four nights in a king deluxe room on the 5th floor.

Pros:
- Location; the hotel is located very nice only 10 min. walk to the corniche and 20 min. to the Marina Mall.
- Spacious and well equipped rooms.
- We actually didn't have breakfast so my rating is of the Friday brunch at the Yacht Club which was simply incredible both in terms of quality, variety and value. Amazing!
- Nice but small pool area.
- The beach area is quite nice. It's located about 100 m from the hotel on the other side of marina. They are renovating the whole beach area but it didn't bother us. It looks like the new beach area will be actually be a lot nicer when it's completed.

Cons:
- The hotel and rooms where clean. But when you can spot several long hairs in the shower which definitely does not belong to you that is a minus in my book for a hotel of this standard. But it wasn't dirty though.
- The waiters at the pool could be more attentive and smiling. This is a contrast to the rest of the staff which were very nice and smiling. E.g. they didn't clear a couple of tables which resulted in some pigeons having lunch there too and also ate nuts from the bar countertop. Pigeons are dirty and should not be tolerated close to food - even if it's leftovers. We also had to request menus when we sat ourselves at the table.

Comments/suggestions:
Internet access is fairly easy with room number and code and speed is also decent. They charge though if you are not Priority member. OPEN AND FREE WIFI PLEASE!
Although the hotel is a bit dated (the gym could use a modernization) I would come back because considering all of the above it's very good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write you review. Your detailed review is extremely helpful to us. I am happy to learn that you have found our team helpful and pleasant and our rooms comfortable and clean.

Your comments related to the bathroom and pool experience have been shared with our House-Keeper, our Food and Beverage Manager. I assure you that these points will be looked after to avoid them from reoccurring in the future, and I apologies for this inconvenience.

I thank you once again and I am extremely delighted that you will come back to stay with us, by which time our beach project should be ready to welcome you.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Normal hotel, good reception and concierge is very helpful. Pool is heated and my daughter loved it. The beach is under reconstruction but it does not disturb you. Breakfast and dinner are tasty but the day with Indian food is awful! It's very spicy and uneatable for usual people. That day I stayed hungry. Desserts are bade of some porridge, spaghetti and carrot are not for me. This exotic is interesting but not exciting. Personnel are friendly- my little daughter never received such quantities of chocolates and she was happy of this. Room number is ok but I do not advise to take sea view number, city view also includes sea but is cheaper and more interesting because of skyscrapers. Hotel location is good, Etihad towers are spectacular, Marina mall is also very close. I can recommend this hotel for everyone.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elena D
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest

I am delighted to know that you found our concierge and reception team helpful.

Your comments about the Indian Buffet evening at our Selections Restaurant has been shared with our Executive chef and he is reviewing this matter and will make sure the option of less spicy food items are included on the buffet.

It is very pleasing to know that your daughter has enjoyed her stay as well and our team had taken good care of her.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Another nice hotel in Abu Dhabi. I have been there before, but only for a beer in Belgian pub downstares. This time I took opportunity and got a nice deal for executive room. It was really comfortable.
What I also like about this hotel is that you have option to select from different restaurants (Italian, Belgian, Brazilian, Fish...). And the are all good.

Hotel is also centrally located, so it is easy to go around!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our different restaurant options. Likewise, thank you for emphasizing on the convenient location of the hotel in the prime area of Abu Dhabi

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights last week in Intercontinental Hotel in Abu Dhabi. It was as always a great experience. Although I was away for meetings most of the day, but for the time I was in the hotel, the staff has been attentive and service-oriented. It shows that the staff at all levels are well-trained. Also attended the cocktail reception one evening, and met with senior management of the hotel - and I could see how well managed the hotel is. Great job! Food wise, the sushi and sashimi buffet on Tuesday night was something not to be missed. Will definitely return to Intercontinental the next time I am in Abu Dhabi. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at InterContinental Abu Dhabi. The team and I appreciate your feedback. Your wonderful words about our team being attentive and service oriented in very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed the cocktail reception we organize for our guests as well as the Tuesday night Taste of the Orient promotions at the Yacht Club.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back.