Booked on ICH own web page with a good rate.
Pick up from airport in a large Ford car with a large boot which got all the suitcases in, the return trip in a Mercedes we had to have two cases in the front with the driver. The Ford was the better car bigger and smother.
Front of house staff were the cars pull up at 9.00pm were just great. Took my wife and myself all the way to the club check in area on the 18th floor, there is a private lift just for the upper floors and helicopter landing pad! They then brought the suitcases up to the room within minutes plus a screwdriver to fix the handle on a suitcase, top service.
Check in was smooth, received the high floor as asked, also the twin beds.
Room was clean and cool. Aircon worked very well with easy to use control box.
Bathroom, well this room was a little worn around the edges. Damaged bath, mastic that looked like had been put on by a 6 year old and very low water pressure.
As with all hotels the noise from people walking past your room if they are talking loud or just disrespectful about other guests needs when moving to their rooms does come into the rooms.
The room in the mornings was well serviced but the turn down services was only done 3 times out of one weeks stay, and that as hit and miss even after a call to house keeping. For the whole stay we never received a newspaper even though the web site states a dally paper.
As others have said, why oh why dos the hotel not clean the room windows. They are FILTHY.... What 5 star hotel allows this. Its been said so many times on this site you would think the hotel would act on the feedback.
Now for the room key. OMG..... We had to have the room key card reactivated 9 times during our stay. The hotel said they looked at the lock after the 4th time our key cards would not work. The 8 times the cards were reactivated by the staff in the club lounge but once in the check in area at the club lounge at midday they had no staff! We were told to wait or go to main reception. One would think that a 5 star hotel would staff its club check in desk for its guest.
We had to go to the main check in area in our wet swim wear in front of all these well dressed persons in the lobby area, were then asked for ID before they would reactivate the key cards, who carry's that in their swim wear, as we told them, we also told them they had no staff at the desk in the club lounge. They did reactivate the cards but with no apology at all and no customer service skills. Talk about being embarrassed. My wife and I just wanted the floor to open up what with all the other guest in the check in area.
For our inconvenience from this 5 star hotels lack of staff a bottle of red wine was left in our room. My wife does not drink and I don't drink wine, we left it at the hotel on check out. How poor is that service? Why not just have a good old fashion key, just like people have had for the passed few hundred years.
The club lounge. While we were staying all week it had babies and children in it. Crying babies, children picking food off the counter uncontrolled by adults. Not the type of club lounge I would recommend if you are looking for a quite relaxing time which is a shame.
Pool area. Every time we left the sun lounge's the staff took away the towels even when you went in the spa or pool. Why? Their parasols have seen better days also.
The beach area was good to walk along in the evenings but it looks like the water does not move a lot as it had a "raw" smell to it, could be due to the new islands which have been built.
All week in the spa area the sauna was out of action. Does it take that long to fix. Looked like it had been out of action for quite a while.
Over all the staff were very good, the hotel try's very hard to be a top 5 star place but there are to many little problems to says its up there with the other 5 star Abu Dhabi hotels so unless we were to get a good rate again its back to the Hilton or Hyatt when we are back in Abu Dhabi which is often.
Hope this helps folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental