I had a 3-night stay in this Intercontinental for leisure purpose. My first impression upon my entry in the reception area was above my expectations: a luxury and relaxing ambient, and staff welcoming you with mini chocolates. As an Ambassador member, upon our arrival at 9.30 pm, they immediately upgrated us in a fantastic suite on 5th floor (room No 532), facing the marina on one side and the city on the other. I cannot say anything else about this suite: simply wonderful!! Breakfast was served in the Selections restaurant, on 3rd floor, near the outdoor pool, with direct view on the marina. The quality and variety of foods was the expected from a 5-star hotel and much more: arabic, mediterranean and asiatic foods, as well as pork bacon, a complete egg station, soups etc. Really, a superb breakfast. We ate also in The Yacht Club restaurant, serving sushi and japanese food, and in the Fishmarket restaurant, serving seafood Thai style, on the private beach. All were excellent either regarding the quality of foods, or regarding decoration and ambient. Of course, service in the restaurants was fast, attentive and polite. All 3 nights of our stay we had after dinner drinks on the outdoor patio of Chamas bar: relaxing ambient and flavoured shisha. The lobby lounge on ground floor was luxuriously decorated, creating an extremely relaxing ambient, very good to take a coffee or for a pre- or after dinner drink, with live music in the evenings. Finally, the hotel had its private beach, plenty of sunbeds, very good for swimming in the calm, hot waters of the gulf. All the staff in every part of the hotel was well trained, helpful and polite,
The location of the hotel is on the border of the city center, about one km from Emirates Palace, 1,5 km from Corniche, and 3-4 km from Marina Mall. If it is not too hot weather, you can walk until these places easily; otherwise, taxis are very cheap, clean and fast.
In conclusion, the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi is a wonderful hotel, one of the best hotels we ever stayed, with excellent facilities and super staff. Many thanks to all the staff who made our stay really wonderful, memorable and above our expectations. Of course, in our next visit to Abu Dhabi we will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental