I can highly recommend a stay at the Intercontinental - let it be for business or for pleasure. We had a perfect stay and absolutely nothing to complain about.
As already mentioned in other reviews, the exterior of the hotel seems a little dated but the interior is very modern and classy.
Staff was always very service-oriented and genuinely friendly (all over the place - from the reception to the doormen to the housekeeping).
There is also a business center which offers services like internet and printing. Again, the staff was very friendly.
The beach area is currently being renovated. Yet, the noise is not disturbing and you can still relax and enjoy a nice day at the beach. According to the hotel the renovations will be finished this summer - the beach area will be larger and will offer a vast range of facilities, including a pool.
The numerous restaurants and bars of the hotel give you a large choice to choose from. I particularly liked the Belgian Café located at the yacht harbour for it's choice of belgian beers and its view of the Etihad Towers.
Breakfast and dinner at the selections restaraunt were always excellent. Every day you were able to choose from a variety of international food of the buffet and the choice varied every day. The presentation of the food was very esthetic and decorated with care. The quality of the food and the service were excellent. We had the half-board option which gave us the option to choose from breakfast-lunch and breakfast-dinner according to your daily schedule.
If you are lloking for a special experience, I can highly recommend the half-day safari which you can book at the concierge desk. The programme includes dune bashing, camel riding, dinner in the desert with belly dancing and henna painting.
The location of the hotel is very good. You can walk to the Etihad Towers (I can highly recommend the superb shopping mall with only the most exquisite shops and Ray's bar on the 62nd floor of the towers) and the Emirates Palace is just a short taxi ride away.
I tested the gym which was quite nice and equipped with the standard supply (treadmill, stepper). The view of the Etihad Towers from the gym was great.
One last word: perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental