Having just stayed for a week in Abu Dhabi at the Intercontinental hotel,we came away wishing we had booked longer.On arrival our room was not ready,due to us turning up early, so while we were waiting we were shown another room to choose from and given complimentary drinks at the piano bar.Our room was spacious with a high standard,providing Elemis products in the bathroom. which was lovely.
We had only booked B&B,but they had upgraded us to halfboard free of charge.
All our meals were in the buffet restaurant which was amazing.The selection and,presentation was beautiful,we didn`t want to eat anywhere else.Although there were several other restaurants to choose from.
Saturday lunchtime buffet is not to be missed if you are a lover of seafood.Also midweek they have a ladies night in the yacht club with free champagne until approx 10pm.
Pool & pool areas are very clean.You need to get there fairly early as it gets busy.To use the pool you have to sign in,to which you are then given towels plus limited amounts of coolboxes with ice.The hotel caters for all, with the childrens pool sectioned off,life guards,entertainment for the little ones,pool/snack bar,spa,beauty,fitness programmes,scuba diving lessons plus trips out.You can`t get bored.
They run a free shuttle bus to the Marina shopping mall,which is best to book and are quite willing to drop you off along the way.
Taxies are always at hand and the concierge can`t be more helpful.Giving us maps and advice,also willing to book us anything and everything.
There is building work going on at the private beach,which apparently is going to be another pool and restaurant.This didn`t spoil our afternoon there,although will be alot better when finished.
On the day of our departure the reception let us stay on in our room for 2 hours extra with no charge and stored our cases until the evening before leaving for our flight.
All the staff were so helpful and friendly,we would definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental