InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
View Hotel
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
  • Restaurant
Emirates Palace(Abu Dhabi)
Oryx Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
2,597 results
All reviewsyacht clubbelgian cafeselections restaurantfish marketpiano loungebyblos sur mermarina mallall inclusive packagebeach barprivate beachthird floorclub roomcity viewconcierge deskduty managerhealth clubetihad towers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a 5 night stay at this hotel, I can only recommend the looking elsewhere, the rooms are very poor in decor and quality, time to knock the place down and start again, this might of been one of the first ones to be built in the area in the 70`s but it time to knock it down and build a new one, the refurbishment of the beach and pool areas may look nice when finished, the rooms need to be refurbished, you cannot open the room windows, not just because of health and safety but also from all the bird dropping all along the window sills, the looks on peoples faces around the pools, is more like "why did I book a room at this place?"

knock it down and start again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swissinfo
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and giving us your feed back. InterContinental Abu Dhabi has gone through a major renovation development in 2006, and since then we are continuously working on restorations within the hotel. I thank you once again and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Forget rennovation of the hotel.. Start training your staff how to be polite and handle guests requests and complaints.
We checked in the hotel based on the reputation of ic everywhere not thinking that we will be faced with an ignorant staff member who calls himself the manager of the yacht club and who could do nothing but to spoile my family vacation
We came down from our rooms after a long trip to yas island where we did not find a nice place to spend the evening so headed back to the hotel to found people going somewhere in the in the hotel so we asked and we were directed to yacht club
We approached the door and were not greeted or welcomed and were treated like street bums
The Filipino host rudly asked for civil Ids and I mentioned that we are in-house so he just gave the yellow smile and asked us to present keys then all of sudden an Egyptian man interfered in the conversation presenting himself the manager or should I say the (king) in a very rude manner asked to step back and not come unless with Ids
I went back to my room to bring Ids and brought down the key as it was withthe maid who was baby sitting for us. We came down another person was there and opened the strap for us . So it was not bad club. Next day we came down to the yacht night club. We r asked for id's again so I did show my room key and I'd. But my wife forgot it the I'd in her room. So the fillipino wanted to open the strap all of sudden that egyption man again interfered and he sad to my wife in ver rood way. We made an exception for you yesterday so today u will not enter the club. So I couldn't hold myself and I told what's ur problem? Can u ask us in polite way or at least explain why do we need to present I'd.? So he answered me back by saying do u think with ur tone of voice I ll let u enter my place. So then the fight happen I called him names and he called me back by saying bad words. So we left the place and we went direct to Duty Manager we made a complain. So duty manager said he ll solve but unfortunately he came back by saying that the manager Indian of the night club can't go over egyption rood man security in charge. So this was schoking . Which 5 star service is this? What kind of staff do they have? So me and my wife were angry and shocked by this behavior. And our night was totally ruined. We were treated as if were a garbage. Well totally zero service. And a disaster ecpirience. No way we r gonna go back to Abu dhabi ever. U need one bad experience to hate the place forever .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Lalech
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and giving us your feedback. Your comments have been shared and reviewd.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful festive season.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

In a city where excellence is the norm, the quality of every amenity and service at the Abu Dhabi Intercontinental Hotel is supreme! For me it is a home from home, the genuine friendliness of all the staff reflects the Hotel ethos, and draws me back time after time. I have made friendships with people from all continents among staff and guests, and, if life is what you make of it, it wll not be better made than at this marvellous Hotel.The rooms are beautifully maintained, the breakfasts keep you going all day, and there is a wide selection of venues for lunch or evening dining, as well as a watering hole or three or four! The private beach is also a delight, and the location is the best! Here is the yardstick by which I now compare every Hotel.

Room Tip: Whichever room you end up in, you will enjoy the best experience possible!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dafyddr123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your fee back and writing this kind review. I have shared your comments with the team and it gave us all a great boost and added to our determination of provide our guests with the best service they expect from us.
I wish you a pleasant festive season and look forward to welcoming you back soon to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel where I was there for three nights in late November 2012. The atmosphere is friendly and great. The location is super. Cleanliness is at its best. Staff are cooperative and sociable. The people in the front desk and the people in the concierge were very helpful. I typed and scanned some materials for my workshop and the service was done at its best and with a smile (and most importantly, free of charge!!) The parking place is convenienct and with no hustle (some other hotels require stamping a card and the person on the parking lot desk office takes it from you every time you go in and out, which is very inconvenient and makes you think a million time before leaving the hotel. This happened to me in Hilton Abu Dhabi on the Corniche).

Room Tip: The room I was in overlooks Emirates Palace and right on Bainouna Street. I liked the location of the room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and for taking the time to write your review. Your comments were shared with the team and we all thank you and wish you a very happy festive season.

I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were very happy wiTh our stay at the Intercontinental in Abu Dhabi. It doesn't look very special from the outside but it is lovely inside. The rooms were nicely decorated, and very clean. The pillows were extremely comfortable. and it was possible to order different types of pillows depending on your preference. The bathrooms were lovely and we were supplied with Elemis toiletries and robes. There is a nice outdoor pool which is on the third floor and has great views. There is a gym which has a Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and plunge pool. There is also a well equipped gym, and squash courts. The gym area is slightly dated, but nice nonetheless. We had a city view room which had a view of the palace. The hotel is slightly on the edge of the action but it is about a 20 minute walk to the corniche, and it was easy to drive and park closer to the center of the city. We did not try out the several restaurants in the hotel, but having looked at the menu there was plenty of choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple