“Great Hotel for Business and Family Trips”

Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Very good hotel either for business or family. I suggest to book the club level rooms. Breakfast, snacks and drinks during the day are incl.
Very friendly and proffesional Concierge Service!! They will support you with everything you need!! Just give Nader Elkari (Chief Concierge) a call he will organize everything for you.
Rooms are big , fresh renovated and allways very clean
Very quiet rooms. In other hotels you ll hear everything from your neighbour but not here.
Visit "the fishmarket" and "chamas" restaurants . These Restaurants are the best voted in Abu Dhabi right now.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bettina S
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2011

Dear S-Family-hg,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed our services including your room, Club Lounge benefits, Concierge services as well as our Chamas and Fishmarket restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi in the near future.

InterContinental Abu Dhabi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,424)

Reviewed September 1, 2011

First of all I booked this hotel quite a few months in advance, as a rest stopover between flights ( as I wanted to fly with Etihad airlines , a very good airline I might add,) the hotel sent me an e-mail , but made no mention of the intended noisy renovations during my stay,
On arrival at the Intercontinental Abu Dhabi, after a 10 hour flight , I was greeted with the advise that the deluxe room I had paid for , was in an area, where noisy renovations were being carried out , the long and the short of it , was they wanted me to pay more money to escape the noise, after debating the matter they gave me another room ,then I had to wait in the lobby, until the room was ready . The shuttle bus was not in service until 20.00hrs because of ramadan, and cafes were also closed . As far as the hotel itself , the foyer looked outdated, the room and bathroom clean, a good size with a view of the pool, ,but the decor very much like all big chain hotels , the heat was unbearable , the pool area was like sitting in a furnace.The only option is to stay inside with air -con . On arrival the reception swiped my credit card , they do this just in case you bank up room service bills , and they think you are going to run off into the right. without paying. This seems to be the norm in Middle Eastern countries, while staying in Paris and many western countries, they do not adopt this practice.
The only problem was they did not credit my card ,when I checked out, that means less credit available for use while travelling , I tried contacting the hotel, I made 4 international calls , only the be left of hold each time, and sent 2 e-mails both unanswered , in my mind the staff were the most inefficient, that I have encountered anywhere.
I would not recommend this hotel, with their incompetent reception staff to anybody.
I also stayed at the Crown Plaza in Abu Dhabi , and I would recommend the Crown , the hotel staff were polite ,efficient and helpful, the rooms and hotel more modern with better crafted fittings, the prices were nearly half the price of the Intercontinental. the Crown is close to the Airport and no problems with noise , billing or contacting them.
My opinion of Abu Dhabi is that it is a desert town, trying to be a city, you can go to a shopping mall any where in the world , why go into the desert into 40 degree heat to look at a few shops
I travel to Europe on a regular basis and , From now on my stopovers will be restricted to the Singapore and Hong Kong .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank lanaQueensland
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear IanaQueensland,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

We are sorry to hear our services and facilities did not meet your expectations and we take your feedback into consideration when reviewing our property.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Your business is valued and we hope your future visits to the capital will continue to include InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed there some times and the last was august 2011. The beds are very good and the rooms are spacious. The lobby is beautiful and You can find severals of the better restaurants of the Town.
However, internet is charged and not at a cheaper price. The rooms are noisy and not only because the buldings sites around the Hotel : you share a lot of your neighborgs when the rooms are connected.
On average personal ins very kind except at the breakfeast buffet : they hurry clinets to leave at the end of the service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Crabe T
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Crabe T,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your feedback.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the lobby and our various dining venues.
However, we are sorry to hear some of our facilities and services did not meet your expectations and we take your feedback into consideration when reviewing them.

Thank you again for your comments.
Your business is valued and we hope your future visits to Abu Dhabi will continue to include InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is far away from usual Intercontinental standards with a very poor level of quality. The Spa and the gym should be closed immediately since unqualified and non professional people provide very painful treatments.
The worst is that nobody cares, no one from Duty management felt concerned by the problem. As a Platinum member of IHG Priority Club, I was really not expecting to be totally ignored by the management.
AWFUL AND TERRIBLE HOTEL EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank X-O75
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear X-O75,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

We are sorry to hear our services did not meet your expectations and we take your feedback into consideration when reviewing our services.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The lack of soundproofing in this hotel is appalling, especially for a five star hotel. I was kept awake most of the night by a noisy family in the room next to me, then awoken at four in the morning by construction down the street. Double glazed windows and heavier doors between connecting rooms would go a long way towards improving this hotel's complete lack of soundproofing.

Also, a five star hotel should not charge for Internet. Even hostels don't charge for Internet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nadinesan
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Dear nadinesan,

We are sorry to hear our facilities did not meet your expectations and we take your feedback into consideration when reviewing our property and services.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed in this hotel during one of my business trips. Although the rate charged by the hotel was equivalent to one of the luxurious hotels in Dubai, I found the service standards not on the same level.

In-house room service took some time, bathroom accessories were not outstanding, standard room and view from the hotel is not particularly amazing.

However, I there was not any slip-up in service, I believe the charge would be on the higher side.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank accessmohit
IHGCare, ihg care at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. I was sorry to hear the room service and bathroom accessories was not what you expected. Reviews such as yours let us know of areas of improvement. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

^bj
IHGCare

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel Abu Dhabi between August 7th. and checking out this evening, August 17th.
We have stayed here numerous times and must say everything is excellent! Housekeeping fast, very friendly and very efficient. Room service, reasonably priced and delivers actual hot food without any delay. Always free "Al Ain" mineral water in the room, which is perfect when Ramadan and 43C degrees outside. Air condition can be set to very cold. Breakfast team very accomodating, Susan one of the chefs was so kind and assisted in any way possible. Pami, recreation mgr. always on top of things and greeting us every day at the pool. The pool has new sun beds of very good quality and rollable umbrellas, which means the guest does not need to bother the pool crew for assistance. John in the Concierge dept. always friendly and there to assist the guests, eager to help out. The rooms are big, comfortable and very clean. The beds and sheets of good quality with a choice of foam or feather pillows. The hotel has a very attractive scent in its lobby and hallways. I know this sounds corny, but spend a minute listening and checking out the Intercontinental Hotel Inhouse TV commercial, it puts some people in the mood, at least me.
We love this hotel, despite a few other hotels of newer and also of excellent quality, Intercontinental Hotel Abu Dhabi is stil in my opinion THE place to stay at in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwedeflyerLidingo
InterContinentalAD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Dear SwedeflyerLidingo,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your stay.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your room as well as our services and facilities provided by our housekeeping team, room service and breakfast venues, recreation and concierge teams.

We hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi during your next visit to the capital.