“Very friendly”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a week, where I met up with husband who is working and Abu Dhabi and in total will be staying there for over 6 weeks. The beds were so comfortable, and rooms spotlessly clean. Lovely cleaning staff, always a joy to speak with. My teenage son loved the pool deck, and we played quite a bit of table tennis. Reception staff totally professional and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent food, especially the Chinese restaurant. It's hasn't got a private beach or a swanky revolving restaurant to boast, but the overall atmosphere and especially the staff make it feel like a seven star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear “C F”,
We are thrilled to read a wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and thank you for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback with your room, pool and it is great to hear that you loved our award winning Cho Gao. We are happy to know that our staff managed to make your stay an excellent one.
We look forward to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the first time I am posting my review since my several stays at this hotel since July 2012. Most of the time I would stay here on a business trips and once I had brought my family to stay with me. Staff is always attentive and very friendly.
I mostly enjoy both Italian and Asian restaurants; they are both exceptionally good; especially asian one
Special thanks to Marisol who kindly upgrades my room upon check in everytime and especially when I brought my family last December
Nurtas

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear “LauraNurtas”,
We would like to thank you for always choosing Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and for taking the time to share a feedback of your stay here on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to try our award winning Spacannapoli Italian and Cho Gao.
We definitely look forward to your many visits with us in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

OK by comparison a lot of hotels have better bedrooms -and a beach etc - so why do I stay here time after time?
The answer is the staff. From reception, cleaners, valet to the regulars in the Club lounge they all make you feel at home and go the extra mile to help. After a long day on site I know that without asking my favorite drink is waiting for me. I am a single female traveler, and made to feel part of the CP family. I can vouch for all restaurants apart from The Garden buffet - its just not my style, but the Italian is superb as is Cho Gao. One of my favorite bars is Heroes with the live band - the International Playboys - make a visit on Tuesdays for the acoustic set - or for those wanting a more chilled experience there is the Level lounge on the rooftop.
The Gym is compact but has adequate equipment - the pool is for lounging not for serious swimming. There is also a hairdressers and beauty salon. Again I have never been disappointed with the service here and my son makes a beeline for the barbers when in town.
Location is city centre which has advantages and disadvantages - step outside the door and you can find every store you need, but at peak hours add on a little extra time to make the journeys. A short taxi ride will take you to some of the more exclusive stores in the Marina Mall, you a one block away from Madinat Zayed Gold Souk where you can haggle for your jewelery or pay for your own bespoke piece to be made in less than a week and the Hamdan centre is there for anyone looking for a bargain.
Value depends on when you are booking but in comparison to other hotels in town its quite good. Book when there is a major exhibition or the Grand Prix is on and expect to pay premium prices anywhere.
Have I stayed in better hotels - yes - but for me this is first stop when traveling to Abu Dhabi - its simply the people and atmosphere.

Room Tip: i book the Club rooms every time - it you can afford the extra you get Breakfast, free internet, a c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank D F
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear “D F”,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor. Thank you for always choosing our hotel as your base here in Abu Dhabi.

We are thrilled with your comments about our staff in which we take pride of. We are glad to hear that you feel “home” and part of our family. It is great to know that you were able to try and enjoy Spaccanapoli Italian Restaurant, Cho Gao, Heroes and Level Lounge. Our Crowne Fitness has all you need plus the relaxation you can get in our rooftop pool.
As you have mentioned, we are centrally located making us ideal for business and leisure.
Again thank you and we look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you and your family again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Only Stayed here for one night. Staff were very friendly (even at 2am, when we arrived). I was given a very nice room (1 bedroom apartment style), which was way more than i expected. Very clean and tidy and a comfy bed. The views out of my room were nothing spectacular though. Due to the late arrival, staff were more than happy to extend the check out till later in the afternoon. I'd say this is a good enough hotel to use as a base when exploring Abu Dhabi, but i am sure i'd get bored if staying longer than a few days.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear “TTTGoldCoast”,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor. We hope you had a successful business trip.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your feedback about our staff and room.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future at our hotel.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed in Crown Plaza Abu Dhabi for one night. Location of the hotel is good, near the city centre. Staff is ok, rooms are nice and clean, breakfast is good even if nothing special. In general, it is a hotel which you will not love but it is a very decent choice for a business trip

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pekard
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear “Pekard”,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback with the hotel’s location, rooms, breakfast and our staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights... I had some initial hick-ups during the checkin the reception staff was arrogant & I even had to miss my initial meeting with the client, felt very bad... But the duty manager completely changed my perception on the property & stay... Thumbs up to them... This is called management... Breakfast is not that great...

Room Tip: No rooms with good view...

Dear “kiran24041979”,
We are sorry to hear about your check in experience though we are happy that our Duty Manager was able to resolve your issues and concerns on time.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Overall, very average hotel. Many nicer choices in Abu Dhabi.
If it weren't for the staff I would probably rank it lower. Very hospitable and friendly staff at the front desk and the dining facilities.
Rooms are spacious, if a bit outdated, but comfortable and clean.
Amenities provided: standard toiletries, hair dryers, coffee and water complimentary. Free wi-fi throughout hotel.
Dining options: several to choose from. Buffet is nothing special. Pub in basement, good atmosphere but slow service.
Plentiful taxi's always available. Expensive car service compared to other hotels (100 AED more than other hotels for trip to Dubai).
A bit noisy. The 'atrium' in the center of the hotel looks nice, but even staying on the 19th floor could hear the noise from the buffet and the street noise.
Overall, decent, but again better options. Older area of town so not as comfortable being a single woman to walk around. ATM & Starbucks within a block.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear “JenniferRose8”,
We are delighted that our staff managed to make your stay a good one.
We are happy to inform you that we are currently undergoing several phases of renovation that includes bedroom upgrades as we aim to continuously improve our products and offers.
We have noted your feedback about the restaurants, car service and the noise. It will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management and staff.
We hope to have another opportunity of being of service to you.