Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
$119
$109
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
$150
$125
$116
$88
  • Pool
Rosewood Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$147
$114
Agoda.com
$150
1,031 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantpho gaheroes barlevel loungebasement barasian restaurantihg memberrooftop poolbusiness tripcentral locationupgraded to a suitebusiness hotelconcierge teamthe ground floorrestaurants and barsclub roomspecial thanks
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is an average hotel in every respect. Services, food quality, space, location ... were all just average. I chose to stay at this hotel because the conference I came to attend was held there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 550hashima
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear “helloq8”,
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor and for choosing us for your business trip in here in Abu Dhabi.
We are happy to inform you that we are currently having renovations which include bedroom upgrade. We aim to continuously improve our products and services to meet our guests’ expectations.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Recently returned from a very enjoyable stay at The Crowne Plaza, Abu Dhabi. The hotel is in a great location; very central but also only 10-15 minute walk from the corniche. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The gym is very well equipped and rarely that busy. The pool area is smallish but more than adequate.

All in all, a great hotel, which is really made by the attitude and friendly manner of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveandBethWarwick

Dear “SteveandBethWarwick”,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our location, staff and amenities.
Our management and colleagues will be happy to note your feedback.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Abu Dhabi and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel frequently. It is situated at the very nerve centre of the city.The restaurant is good serving to all section of the people to the satisfaction.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ramakrishnan s

Dear “ramakrishnan s”,
We would like to thank you for your continuous patronage with us and for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal and it is very pleasing to learn that this has been achieved on each of your visits.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stopped at this hotel for a 3 week period on business after having it recommended to me by a colleague, given its proximity to a large number of local shops/restaurants and good service. I can safely say that after my 3 week stay I would gladly go back (and hope to next month!). There were a few bad points to the hotel (hence only having a 4* rating) which I will cover below, but on the whole this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

It's location is good (its not in the best area of Abu Dhabi, however it is a nice area). It has close proximity to a number of shopping outlets/food establishments (the shawarma just round the corner is brilliant!), and also has a very cheap market across the road (very useful if you are stopping for a long time). There are always taxi's waiting outside to take you further out if you want to explore (tip: don't try walking to the marina mall, I did, and realised its a good 2 hour walk away in the blistering heat!)

For a nice view of the surrounding area you can go to the top floor where they have a small outdoor pool and a bar. In the day its too hot to go up there (they typically have it closed until 5.30pm each day), however at night its worth going up for a drink just to get a nice view/picture of the city scape. They also have shisha up on the roof which can make for a relaxing evening.

Good points
- Staff are really friendly (they knew my name after the first few days, always greeted me by name)
- Breakfast has a very good selection for the price and also has fresh cooked steak/fish/omelette
- Hotel listens to feedback (I made 5 suggestions mid-way through my stay, 3 were actioned a few days later)
- After having an issue mid-stay, the manager met me straight away and got everything sorted (above and beyond what most managers would do, I know this first-hand)
- Very clean (actually came back to find my room being dusted!)
- The air-conditioning in the room is extremely powerful! (I love the cold, but on max it was actually too cold for me!)
- Staff speak very good english (even the cleaners, who always asked me how I was each day)
- Close to a good variety of food outlets (both your typical fast-food and decent restaurants)

Bad points

- Downstairs bar always has too many people in (very squashed, especially when live music is on)
- Internet is slow (1Mb/sec when it isn't busy, even less when it is. Seems to be IHG's policy in some hotels now)
- Drinks are very expensive (even for a hotel)
- The gym doesn't normally have the AC on (not once in 3 weeks), so it gets incredibly warm when people are exercising

Overall I really liked this hotel and I would recommend it and would definitely stay again. If you aren't interested in going to the in-house bar or using the internet then this hotel is 5* and you should stay. If you do need access to the internet though you will find it close to unusable at busy times which in this day and age is a disappointment, and prevents you in most cases working from the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the first few floors as you can sometimes hear the bassline from the bar on the lower ground floor. Floors 4-8 should help avoid this. Also, the food area is on floor 9 so try to avoid floors 10-12.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LifeInAHotel

Dear “LifeInAHotel”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a very detailed review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that our staff gave you an overall excellent service during your stay. Thank you for all the points you have noted about your stay – good and bad.
All your feedback will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management and colleagues.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Abu Dhabi and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights on my business trip and enjoyed the stay thoroughly. The Disco was amazing with live band playing.
Breakfast was with a lot of variety and the satff too was very welcoming...

Recommend this place totally.. Enjoy travelling!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are either with Hamdan street view or the interior road view. Recommend higher floor Hamdan view so that you could see the sea!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear “TAKARWANKAR”
We would like to thank you for this short & wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking time to post it here on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to know that you were able to enjoy our facilities and services and that you found our staff welcoming.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.