“Had potential - turned out forgettable”
Review of Biancorosso Pizza

Biancorosso Pizza
Ranked #201 of 2,111 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in Y Tower, in the prestigious Al Nahyan area, close to Al Mamoura Building (off Al Muroor Street) Biancorosso is the expression of the state-of-art Italian pizza. The authentic wood oven and Italian ingredients, the passion and the tradition of the Italian Pizzerias are the secrets for the preparation of our dishes. Proudly owned and managed by an Italian family living in UAE.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I normally like to wait a a good 6 to 8 months after a place opens before writing a review.

This way the review is objective because sometimes newly opened places need time to iron out the wrinkles or sometimes they're especially outstanding but then deteriorate.

Bianconrosso sadly is the latter. Started out amazing. Dough was perfect, portions and topping generous and most importantly consistent.

These days it seems like the focus is on reducing cost.

Porcini mushrooms used to be a good amount. This may sound silly but the that's what the restaurant reduced it to :

Recently when I order the 'high end' porcini pizza, there are literally 6 pieces of mushrooms and not full pieces. They're halves. So in essence they've put 3 mushrooms but sliced them in half. I'm not one to count or weigh toppings but when they're so easily countable , what is one to do?
When they first opened there would be plenty of porcini. I'm not basing this one on one order, several orders.

The above applies to everything else.

Restaurant interior is ok.

Staff are friendly but what's the point when the food is sub mediocre .

As per the title, the place had potential to be really authentic and really good.

Maybe they're relying on walk-in traffic from nearby residences.

BiancorossoPizza, Owner at Biancorosso Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear CorruptedSanity,

Firstly thank you for the comment. Secondly, congratulations on your chosen screen name :), it is very witty.
We owners, Cinzia and Ingrid, would like to thank you for the comment. We take very seriously all complaints and address them ASAP. Starting from the beginning we have asked our Italian customers constant feedback on our pizzas, which they have so kindly provided and have made slight modifications on topping qualities and quantities to suit the Italian palate. On the mentioned Delizia pizza we use porcini mushrooms (and only porcini mushrooms) of highest quality we can afford and which is available on the market - they come in already sliced and conserved in EVOO.
After your comment, we ordered the delivery of the mentioned pizza through our friend to check whether the kitchen has inadvertently decreased the quantity, but did not find it so. We can only apologize that you got a pizza on which you were able to count the pieces - it is surely not our standard. For bigger appetites we have always offered and will continue to offer opportunity of increasing the toppings.
Thank you once again for your comment, we wish you the best pizza experiences wherever they might be.

Cinzia and Ingrid

There are newer reviews for Biancorosso Pizza

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been a reg here since it opened and one piece of advice order the pizza and give the rest a miss- pasta and salads are poor and the service isnt great but the pizza is worth it

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is an authentic italian restaurant which serves pizza and other tipical italian dishes (made according to islamic law). The pizza is good ... i'd say nothing special...is an average quality of any good italian pizza. Also the desserts did not impress me for the quality and taste...anyway it is much better than any american pizza or those arabic style pizzas

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We travel quite a bit and I use TA for everything. Sadly I'm not proud at my lack of reviews but I promise to take the time to contribute beginning now!!!!

We are visiting Abu Dhabi for the first time and I looked up Italian restaurants as its one of our favorite types of cuisines. I read the reviews for this restaurant and made sure to make the time to visit.

We came today and fell in love...with everything!!!!!!

We ate until we felt as though we would explode!!!! Everything was so good we didn't want to stop!!!

The atmosphere was very relaxed, the service was excellent, an the food was just amazing!! We have traveled through 5 of the Middle East countries in the past 2 years and this is by far the best pizza in the Middle East!!!

Thank you for bringing Italy to the UAE!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I got to know Biancorosso Pizzeria when they visited our college as part of an exhibition regarding international foods. I got introduced to their Tiramisu through one of our faculty who had just bought a couple of plates from their stand.
I decided to pay them a visit, as I know one of the partners who is Estonian married to an Italian and working with Italian Business council here. The other partner who actually supervises the cooking is a lovely Italian lady who I happened to meet in our college during the food fest. I was so taken by the taste of their foods that I decided to pay them a visit that same night with my wife.
We took their Veggie Pizza and some pasta. Then we had a chocolate fudge (and another couple of Tiramisus) and I ended up with an espresso.
The ambience of the place is sweet and very family like. The staff working there (expecially the Moroccan waiter) were very friendly (as the owners were not back yet for the evening they were working in the exhibition in the college that day).
Their Pizza was very light...and tasty. I liked the pasti too.
Their Espresso smelled and tasted like REAL espresso, something we really miss here.
Service is one of the best in town. It was actually 5 minutes that we got our main dishes.
What I liked most is that they presented what they knew best and didnt venture into areas they didnt feel comfertable with. They are an Italian Pizzeria and that is what they presented.
What I missed is the glass of wine with the Pizza.
The place is on the pricy edge, but you do pay for quality