“Sumptuous Japanese Buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toshi

Toshi
Ranked #300 of 2,023 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Toshi is the hotel's signature Asian Restaurant. Awarded as best Pan Asian Restaurant what's on Abu Dhabi 2014- offering fresh and innovative cuisine from Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and China. The excellence in service delivered by our team is highlighted by their skills in pairing this exciting food with a wide selection of specialty Asian beverages. Toshi is open : Every day from 7.00 Pm to 11.00 Pm
“Sumptuous Japanese Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the buffet of sushi, sashimi and teppanyaki. It was lavish with good selection. Staff were very friendly and always attend to guests needs. I have enjoyed the oysters too! Though the restaurant was a bit dark for my eye sight, I found it romantic eventually.

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
“Go for the Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went there for a Groupon deal : Sushi buffet. Since I was looking to eat on a weekend,I got a booking 2 weeks after I called. The day before they called me to reconfirm and told me that the dress code is smart casual and drinks are not included ( which is good so I don't get "surprises" which usually happened if you buy Groupon deals ).
We arrived at 7.30pm but there were only a few tables occupied. The space is small with a strong Chinese decor in red and black. Somehow I feel the tables are placed too close, practically I could hear the conversation on the next table. Tips : ask for a table far from the window / buffet spread. It's a bit secluded and private.
The service was good, they were hospitable enough without invading our privacy.
The sushi was great, the rice was of good quality and the sashimi was tenderly cut. The maki's were OK,not very spectacular in terms of flavor and creativity. Considering the normal buffet price of AED109++ it's quite a good deal if it's also including drinks.
Kudos for club lounge staff who helped us in printing the groupon voucher even though we're not a hotel guest.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good sushi buffet & nice ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

For a few weeks now, my friend and I had been trying to get a reservation to dine at Toshi. However, (strangely enough) they kept saying availability is not until early September. We patiently waited in the list until someone dropped theirs last night, 18th August. Someone from Toshi called to let us know about the availability (thanks to "Chichai"- not sure if i heard her name correctly).

Toshi is small and so I thought maybe the reason why they limit their guests every day to avoid overcrowding. It is dimly lit in red but clear enough to see everything. It creates a very relaxing and welcoming atmosphere.

As soon as we arrived, Chichai immediately introduced us to the buffet (which was unexpected). And unlike what I heard from Timeout Abu Dhabi comments, the buffet was filled not "always" almost empty. Since the buffet area is near the teppanyaki, they always fill it with varied sushis from time to time. They got an impressive variety of sushis which tasted good, not so flavorful though. It also took some time to prepare the drinks (mocktail in particular).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anna E
Vienna, Austria
“small restaurant - great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just recently spent our summer vacation in Abu Dhabi.
Friends recommended a small but excellent restaurant: the TOSHI at the Millenium Hotel Al Wahda.
Although it was difficult to get a reservation (was not surprising during Ramadan ) our friends finally managed to convince the staff there to accept our booking.
When we arrived, the restaurant was very busy and our seats unfortunately not ready. The staff received us in a very frindly and very professional way (it was like our friends told us – something rather unusual compared to other places !!! ) and appologized for the inconvinience - but convinced us to wait a short periode of time.
And it was worth it - every single minute we spent at the TOSHI later on.
Excellent food (we ordered a la carte Thai soup , mixed sushi platter, thai salmon and desert ) , the staff attentive in any respect and (although other guests gave them a hard time) always friendly and polite to everybody.
Other Guests explained why this place was so busy at that time: the management had launched a promotion for the TOSHI restaurant and obviousely not expected such a return of the offer.
It was sad to see how the staff struggeled to cope with wishes of their guests, but unfortunately had reached their limits.
Nevertheless we enjoyed our dinner very much and were impressed by the professional attitude of the whole staff at the TOSHI even under such conditions – we surely can recommend this place!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great for sushi buffet w/ caveat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to Toshi a few times with a Groupon 2 for 1 sushi buffet offer. They have the best sushi buffet in town for the price. They have very good deals on their special sushi nights. The staff is very friendly, and they do their best to help the customers enjoy their visit.

The interior of the restaurant is very nice. They have a Japanese/Chinese theme with a relaxing dimly lit dining room. They have a smart casual dress code which also helps maintain a nice atmosphere.

My only caveat is that they could improve the sushi buffet by making sure that there are always clean plates available and keeping the sushi bar well stocked. It sometimes takes too much time for both of these things. It would be nice if there were a little more selection on the sushi buffet menu.

Overall, I like this restaurant. I saw one recent bad review. It was too harsh in my opinion. I'll be back!