“amazing ambience and lounge”
Review of Monte Carlo Beach Club - CLOSED

Monte Carlo Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Re-branded to Saadiyat Beach Club. Please visit this link: http://www.tripadvisor.con/7108283
Manama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“amazing ambience and lounge”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Despite all the comments that people mention, I think it’s worth to give a visit, you don’t have to spend a lot of money there but if you want to enjoy with nice young crowd, I advise you to go there, especially they have ladies night and other promotion, which you can enjoy the amazing music and the beverages with low cost.
Money is not everything after all, especially in Abu Dhabi because everything is expensive. But it’s hard to find amazing ambience and nice music especially for the young crowd. I recommend a visit for sure.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sumaya D

• Arabic first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Too expensive. i understand that the place is beautiful relaxing charming or whatever. But it was just overpriced. The food in the cafe was not worth it at all

Visited September 2013
2 Thank zEna00
Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear zEna00,

I'm sorry that you did not feel that the club is expensive and not a worthy value. We do keep our pricing above many other clubs as we are not part of a hotel but a stand alone club. Value for pricing on food can be subjective but the true value comes with memberships and the substantial discounts that members get on the dining and other club services.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Gone totally downhill.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We first visited MCBC over a year ago and were totally blown away by the incredible setting, stunning layout and fabulous service. I'm not sure if it's changed hands in the past few months but MCBC has certainly taken a turn for the worst recently. To start with the food was once of a fantastic standard and the club sandwiches being a particular highlight. There are no staff to be seen when you first enter the restaurant so we had to find our own table at which we sat for a good 10 inures before we gave up being ignored and went to find a waiter. The food quite frankly is disgusting. The Wagu Burger resembles a frozen, cheap burger- grey and soggy. Even the bread that was brought to the table wasn't fresh. If you have the entertainer book, you'll know there are food vouchers included but the staff seemed very disgruntled and we actually had to argue our case before being allowed to use them.

You're made to wear coloured wrist bands at you time at MCBC which are colour coded according to your method of payment. If like us, you have not left your credit card details at the reception desk on arrival, staff treat you suspiciously regardless of the fact you have just paid 450aed each just to enter the venue.

Once upon a time, you were shown to an available bed by staff who would then dress the bed with a clean towel. There are ready made beds with towels which have already been used by other visitors. When we asked for clean towels, they were thrown at us by disgruntled staff.

The beds were filthy and staff and mine had clearly had a full ashtray spilt over it, only to be left to stain the once white material. Totally disgusting. The Sea Lunge also stinks of smoke so do not evener if you are a non smoker.

As I said, we were once LOVED this place but now wouldn't go near it. Total rip off and quite frankly, a dirty venue with poor service and awful food.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Rick G
Dear Rick G,

I am concerned with your comments as you obviously had a negative experience across the board on your last visit. My concern is that none of your complaints came to me through my staff, I trust that you did ask for management support on these issues when you were there.

Your experience was certainly not a reflection of our regular standards. I am on floor and around the pool deck talking to members and guests asking how everything is and the feedback is quite positive. Our beds are quite clean with no comments such as this, I can only think that you chose a bed that had been used before a pool butler could change the towel. I will speak to our F&B staff on your comments to determine what we can do to ensure 100% satisfaction from all of our guests.

Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We want the drink some beers and our taxidriver brought us here, very nice resort, sit for a couple of hours in the lounchset with some fine cold beers and a shisha, every half hour the staff replaced the taste blocks of the shisha, for us it was a relax ending of a day trip full of walking

Visited February 2014
Dear Chris R,

I'm glad that you had a chance to visit the club and enjoy the relaxing environment. Please visit us again soon.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our Local”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Good venue for a sophisticated and relaxed evening away from the crowns during the week. Ladies night, DJ night gets busy. Spanish night worth a visit but finishes early when they crowd head back into town.

Le Deck is good when the weather is cooler. Menu has a good variety and the portion sizes are probably on the large size for Europeans.

Service is good and well trained.

Visited March 2014
Dear RupertLeffe,

Thank you for the kind words, we are delighted that you consistently enjoy using the club for different weekly events and ala carte dining at our restaurant. Ask for me the next time that you are in so I can say hello.