“Overrated...”
Review of Monte Carlo Beach Club - CLOSED

Monte Carlo Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Re-branded to Saadiyat Beach Club.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

why all the self promoting hype about the MCBC? Have the owners or management not visited any beachfront hotels in the UAE, particularly here in Abu Dhabi? They mostly have just as good views (if not better) - St Regis and Hyatt hotels here on Saadiyat Island to name just 2 that compare favourably. The pool is nothing special, pretty at sunset and lit up at night but what use then? The Sea Lounge bar which transform into an open-air club after 8pm is pleasant enough although the lighting and sounds systems were definitely inferior compared to other similar venues in the UAE. The decking and upholstered booth seating overlooking the dunes created a beachcomber bar style that appeared at odds with the stylised white and minimilist bar and indoor areas. The toilets lacked working air -con and although the attendant was trying to keep them clean, had an overpowering 'mens public urinals' smell about them. Staff were perfunctory albeit in casual clothing rather than any identifiable uniform but lacked any 'charm' and the ladies 'manning' the door were distinctly abrupt and unfriendly. I watched these 'bouncerettes' allow a group of four young ladies in free on comps and yet turn 3 suitably attired, Asian businessmen away (why? especially as the venue was obviously very quiet)

50 Dhs entrance for gents between 8pm and 10pm including 2 bottles of Heiniken is worth the trip out to see the place, however as we visited on 'Ladies Night' Thursday and the place was only 1/3 rd full (apparently mostly Etihad staff who I'm told "only go as they get in free on comps") and lacked any real atmosphere for the supposedly busiest night of the week, I personally wouldn't make the trek out here again in a hurry, 'Pearls' at Shangri-La and 'Stills' on Yas Island offer far better value and entertaining atmosphere.

Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear MickandAl,

Thank you for all your comments, even if they are negative and one sided.
On certain points I cannot argue with you, but I also think that you have to put things back into perspective.

An example would be regarding Sea Lounge and bathrooms. As you may have noticed this is an open space with no air-conditioning, so yes we have these issues during the month of June. That is why you have less people coming in and that we only operate Sea Lounge during weekends in the month of June, then closed for two months at least.

On the positive side, the owners and management having noticed this, we will be enclosing Sea Lounge and adding air-conditioning during the summer. This way, we will not have these issues for the next season.

We do agree with you regarding the lighting, that’s why it will be upgraded during this summer.
For the sound system, I definitely do not agree as it is definitely one of the best in the region. This is the first time I hear or read this. With all the DJs that we have had from here and abroad, this would have been brought up a long time ago if it were an issue. On the contrary, they find the sound system great. Now during the closing period, we will be moving speakers around to better cover all the areas.

You may want to come and try us out again in October, once we have made these different changes.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I visited MCBC this weekend with one of my girlfriends as an escape from our busy lives in Dubai, we were looking for a complete luxury experience, and although we had a good day, there are some areas that need significant improvement.

Strengths
Of course, the setting is beautiful, the infinity pool and the beach are absolutely stunning. We've visited the club for drinks and dinner on numerous times previously, but this was our first time to visit the club.

One of the staff members, Sulayman was great, easy to talk to and went out of his way to help when the "policies" of the club were restrictive.

Areas of Improvement
On arrival, we opted for a Cabana (an additional 600AED) which I presumed we would be treated with the utmost care.

At other beach clubs, we have been shown around the club and the relevant facilities, and shown to our area - this would be a good idea to implement at MCBC as I felt a little 'lost' all day.

It was challenging to find a waiter to order drinks, there must be a better way that trying to catch someone's eye - perhaps a discreet bleeper system? It really is not luxury trying to get someones attention. Please also leave the menu's in the Cabanas, you would get people ordering more - particularly when staff are short on the ground. In other Beach Clubs I have not had to ask for the ice bucket to be replenished, and had other treats including ice cream in the afternoons. We were also told to 'leave' by 7pm which was not mentioned to us on arrival.

As mentioned in other reviews, allowing poorly behaved Children in the main pool was a real nuisance. I understand this would be challenging and some parents were excellent with this - at other times it seemed like a full on riot - not relaxing at all and such a shame when there is a dedicated family pool, this really needs to be addressed by management.

Would I go back? In all honesty no. There are some good beach clubs and hotels with good beaches and amenities that would be better value than a day at MCBC. Up the service to match the beautiful luxury setting and I might be tempted back.

Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Cheekylou,

Thank you for your comments about the Monte-Carlo Beach Club.
I am very glad to hear that you loved the setting and our facilities and that Sulayman has been very helpful when needed.

On the other hand, I am really sorry that you’ve been disturbed by some children.
You are right that it is a challenging situation, we do have children policies and they should have been implemented.

Regarding the areas of improvement, I can only say that you are completely correct.
I have already spoken with the head of departments to make sure that service is more attentive. We also took on board your suggestion to keep the menu in the cabanas. To tell you the truth, we should’ve thought about it from the beginning.

We hope that you will come back to allow us to show you that we brought the service to the level of this luxury setting. We will tempt you back!

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

First of all the place is nice. Stuff fiendly.
But there some points id like ti rise it up:
- there was a syariayn family(member) was seating in pool cabin . They were 8 , they were plying with ball a in the pool + they are noisy.
-poor mune.
- service slow.
Thats why fees entry is high for this place. I think mangment should review the entry fees, or slove the above pionts.

overall is a place named monte carlo. I thought I will be great place. But it was really dissapinted.

Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear maher23,

Thank you for sharing your comment with us, even if not needed in full detail.
We are always careful on the privacy of each other. When informed, we always go to the people concerned and ask them to refrain from disturbing other guests.
If it happens again on your next visit, please feel free to inform any member of our staff and we will handle it for you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am living in AD since 2 years and from my experience as a traveller to great spots all over I can asure that the MC Beach Club is the best spot in the GCC to relax during day time in a great atmosphere with fantastic service in a beautiful setting. It is also worth to have a drink for a sundowner or night time.

Dear Holgelibanon,

Nice to read that we are a top place in the GCC for you.
Please talk to everyone about it, we could get a reward.

(my suggestion)
It’s nice to hear that you consider us as one of the top destinations in the region.
We would appreciate if you could help spread the word. Hopefully one day we could get an award.