“Not five Star”
Review of Monte Carlo Beach Club - CLOSED

Monte Carlo Beach Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Re-branded to Saadiyat Beach Club. Please visit this link: http://www.tripadvisor.con/7108283
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not five Star”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The experience at Monte Carlo Beach Club was I'm sorry to say really bad. Staff are not welcoming at all and the service is terrible. The minute you walk in you aren't welcomed, maybe this is because they aren't a hotel! You are told you can sit anywhere but the cabanas which are on the side of the pool which are an extra cost. This really isn't a problem however they are the only ones who seem to get service, I waited 20min for a waiter and another 20min for a menu. I decided to walk around and was welcomed at the gym by a gym trainer John who was very friendly and a another guy who I'm not sure what he does but I always see him around the beach club and they were very informative. When I went to the fine dinning restaurant only one person welcomed me and her name was Miriam and was sweet and too was very helpful but apart from that the rest of the staff didn't seem they wanted to be there. When you are out side you don't get any amenities like you do at other clubs. When asking a question I get a wait a moment response and they never come back. Very poor and this place might look five star however it is most defiantly not worth the money. I hope they improve and I hope to try I again however I would go during a special rate or weekday as it is cheaper and I won't feel as if I've been robbed of my money. I hope the management sort out the service because this will single handedly bring it down..

1 Thank brianwp2000
Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Brianwp2000,

Thank you for sharing your experience even if unpleasant to be read by the management.
But thanks to these feedbacks, we manage to move forward and get everybody closer to the expectation of our guests.
Even if you felt overall left aside, in some rare cases, you were acknowledged correctly.
We hope that during your next visit, you will see a positive change.
Rest assured that the management has taken your remarks very seriously.

Hoping to see you soon again and this time satisfied by the experience.

• Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No response”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I tried calling the Monte Carlo Beach Club on Friday at 18:10 twice with no response!!!!
Disappointing....very disappointing

Visited May 2013
Dear Kmasry,

I am sorry for this.
Unfortunately, all our lines were down that day.
Etisalat managed to put them back in service only around 8:00PM that day.

Newbury, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Didn't feel that welcome”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited the Club for a Thursday evening, with a view to watch the sun go down & take in a few cocktails and a bite to eat. We arrived fairly early in hindsight (7pm), as first time visitors to the city we took a taxi out to this place...but it felt like driving into the middle of nowehere! the taxi driver was very unsure of where we were going, and so were we! Once inside it's a paradise and beautifully designed. So we would say a very cool place, we received good service and we ate tapas style food with a few cocktails. The reason for my lower rating though was around the fact that we had gone all the way out there for a lovely evening out (we were staying at the Fairmont so a good 30km trip) and our hotel had glady told us it was ladies night after 8pm - so free drinks for me! However there are a few T&C's around this so when we asked we were told it was based on minimum spend of 500AED per 'table', that gents paid 50 AED on the door but that gave them 2 std drinks. It is blatently set up to attract groups - how could a couple meet those criteria and benefit at all? When we asked about whether we could carry on sitting where we were - told we probably would have to move as we were only 2 people (although no reserved sign on our table). My over-riding impression is that as a couple we weren't welcome, nor were they really interested in our money as it was all about attracting large groups out on a Thursday evening. As a consequence we had 2 drinks & our food and left so felt disappointed in their approach, especailly based on the trip we had made. In my view - not right and not good enough.

Visited April 2013
Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Martyjojo,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about the ladies’ night.
I’m sorry that the terms and conditions were not clearly explained to you prior to your arrival. They seem a little bit complicated but they try to answer to the demand.
During your next visit, do try us out for lunch or for a nice relaxing day.

Monte-Carlo Yours,

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Serenity at Saadiyat”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We treated ourselves to a day at the Monte Carlo Beach Club during our recent visit to Abu Dhabi.
Being a weekday it was very quiet and we had the vast expanse of beach, reminiscent of the Caribbean, almost to ourselves.
The infinity pool was lovely and the changing facilities were superb. We enjoyed the huge sunbeds and luxurious towels.
Food and wine prices seemed in line with the rest of the city. The service was good.
You could argue that it was a lot of money for a day at the beach but the space and tranquillity made it worthwhile.
Let's hope Saadiyat Island doesn't get overdeveloped.

Dear Travelgirl1360,

I wish to thank you for sharing your experience at the club.
We hope to see you soon again and that your experience with us will always be the same.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Friday Brunch at Le Deck”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My Husband and I went for Friday Brunch at Le Deck. We had very high expectation from the place as we have been to couple of good brunches in Abu Dhabi. But unfortunately we were very disappointed with the whole package. The only good point was the view. The view is very nice.
The Brunch isnt actually a brunch. It is a set menu with very less/ practically no choices. There is a three course menu with three/four items every time. The food isn't delicious. It is just a normal tapas food with nothing special about the taste or presentation. I was looking forward to a good brunch which unfortunately didn't happen.Even the Desserts weren't good. Though they have a live station for the desserts which actually is like a brunch.
I wouldn't recommend it to people who would want to visit the place for the brunch. It isn't worth.
Talking about the prices. It is very very expensive to what we get. They offer three packages. Two for Alcoholic and one non alcoholic. We opted for the house wine option which to our surprise didnt have cocktails included in it. Generally in all brunches we have been too included cocktails. It is hence overly priced for what options of food/drinks we get.
Again reiterating the point that it was a disappointment to a brunch which we were looking forward to attend.Hence not recommended to the Friday Brunch Lovers.
The view no doubt is great and that is the only plus point Le Deck had to offer to us.

1 Thank Shilpa S
Monte-Carlo Bea... C, General Manager at Monte Carlo Beach Club, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Shilpa,

Thank you for communicating to us your thoughts about our Tapas brunch.

I understand your point, but I would just say that brunch doesn’t mean buffet but a meal between breakfast and lunch.
I am sorry you didn’t like the Friday Tapas brunch and the food.
I must say that we are popular because we are not a buffet brunch and people are happy to find a variation to the traditional Friday BUFFET brunch. There is variety for all.

Having said that, all comments are good to be shared. When we prepare for the next season, we will have this in mind.

Talking about the price, I would just add that compared to the competition, our prices includes all taxes.