“Room to improve”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abu Dhabi
The Royal International Hotel
Ranked #101 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Well where to start.
I booked this hotel via Expedia which seemed quite start forward. I put the criteria of 2 adults and one 11 year old child. The booking was strait forward.
We got to the hotel at 11. 20 at night to find they had us a room booked with one king size bed!!. I quesioned this and they told me this is normal!!! I explained it is not ethical to have an 11 year old sharing a bed with adults. After a little discussion the gave us a twin room and a pull out bed for my little girl and house keeping came to prepair. I had to instruct them however to put the twin beds together. So now we had a room which fitted our needs.
In the morning wearing from travelling we thought breakfast via room service would be ideal so we ordered. 45 minutes later it turned up. Luke warm and a great salad instead of fruit salad!!! We were so hungry we complained but nothing was done about it.we then went out for the day but on our return all 3 of us wanted to shower but we only had one bath towel so we called house keeping for 2 more. Again 35 minutes later they turned up. Also the was only half a loo roll so we ask for another. Again a huge delay before it came. This happened almost daily with something missing or not right. This probably makes me sound fussy but I assure you I am not. In fact if these room service and house keeping issues where resolved this would be a super hotel. The decor , the door staff and reception staff where really good. And always greated you with a smile

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We booked this hotel ourselves on Agoda and it was nearly everything we needed unfortunately the pool area was under maintenance (May 2013). Staff were very helpful. Food was nice. Location was central to everything we needed for a 2 night stay

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My employer booked this hotel for me but I would not choose it again on my own. It looked nice enough (if you like purple-and-red kitchy design) and the room was attractive and well-arranged. But it's as if someone built a hotel that looked like a normal hotel and then just left it to run itself. Nothing was actually attended to in terms of maintenance or comfort. As another reviewer mentioned, the curtains gape so that light comes in, towels were not replaced, the minifridge was half-empty and never refilled, and worst of all when I arrived (at past 2:00 a.m., very tired) I found that not a single lightbulb in any of the four lamps in the room was working. Maintenance was sent to replace the bulbs, but why no one bothers to check for such basic maintenance before guests have to wait up in the wee hours to have things fixed I cannot imagine. The next evening I tried the lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom only to find that it too was dead--and that in fact it's not even wired into the power, as I was told by the maintenance man who had once again to be waited for, let in, etc. (tipped? No). In fact, he said, "It's only for men to shave," as if (a) men shaving don't need to see what they're doing, and (b) women never use lighted magnifying mirrors for anything.

Another unpleasantness was the smell of cooking that fills the room in the morning. (It had been filled with a choking perfume when I had arrived the night before and in the morning I found out what they were trying to mask.) I didn't eat in the hotel so I don't know what the food tasted like, but I could have lived without the smell.

The icing on the cake was that when I accidentally went off and left my phone charger in the outlet (my fault, I admit) it simply disappeared and has never turned up since, despite my having called the hotel within a few hours when I noticed that it was missing.

Not actually a hotel, really--just a kind of do-it-yourself rental.

I should add that the young man who first dealt with my lightbulb problem was top-notch, professional and helpful--but the management needs to do more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Macaunau
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Agent booked this hotel for Us during our business trip to Abu Dhabi. It's a gd hotel, room was spacious n clean. Only 5mins taxi to Abu Dhabi mall (nothing much to see here) 12mins drive to Al Wahda(v big mall) only cost you ard Dhs11 it's worth to visit.
But when it comes to house keeping, it always take forever to come. Towel & bathrobe only 1pc. No hand/ floor towel. You have to ring hse keeping to send.
Only 1problem of this hotel. No sound proof therefore u'll hear every prayer.

Room Tip: Ask for Higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice K
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent a night there while visiting with a friend. The internet was not steady and kept on disconnecting. The swimming pool was part of a restaurant on the roof and it felt like you were part of the entertainment - not a good location for the swimming pool. The hotel is new, rooms are big and clean. Staff were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aabdelh
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are big and pretty nice. Complimentary water for the guests provided every day. The electricity adapter is free of charge. Staff if ok, could be more friendly though. The breakfast is good, both warm and cold, fruits as well. The roof pool is not big, and the roof construction hides the sun around 3pm.
The hotel is located far from the beach, must take a taxi(10dhs). (Some beaches are free some are for pay, for example Gate 4 is free)
The marina mall is more than an hour walk, so better get a taxi(20dhs). The Abu Dhabi mall is 20 min walk from the hotel.

The cleaning lady each time put less and less towels. Needed to call to reception several times before the missing towels were delivered in the room(it's unacceptable!)

The Ferrari world is reachable by taxi for 55-60dhs. Grand mosque by taxi is 35dhs. Till Main bus station by taxi is 10dhs.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina B
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I should say that I had been surprised by the quality and standards of this hotel from concierge, reception, restaurant, housekeeping etc.
good location
Nice swimming pool
Helpful staff
I can fairly say everything was almost perfect
Congratulations