“...am now a convert...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
“...am now a convert...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

i believe my first review may have been a bit negative and dwelt too much on what may constitute a "classic burger".

i have eaten at the GC may times in my five months here in Al Nahyan area. the people are truly sweet and that certainly includes the guys in the grille area.

the burgers are great !! i have gotten into the bad habit of eating doubles tho. like Wimpy, i could eat there everyday. their lemonade and tea could use less sugar. they should have a go at cutting and preparing fresh their own chips (french fries). this is a fabulous idea !!!

(i still believe Shake Shack do one better)

• Visited August 2013

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“...they do a solid burger...”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

i have been there many times now (l live a 5 min walk away). at first i wasn't overly impressed, but now i can safely and happily say that they do a mighty fine burger.

they have the classic soft bun and yellow mustard - necessary ingredients. the meat patty is honest. i do the double burger.

my only observation is that their pickles are not the traditional "hamburger dills", they are somewhat, but only just somewhat, sweet. that i would describe as what to expect north of the Mason Dixon Line. i would rate this a stupendous Excellent if the correct Western, Southwestern pickles were served in the burgers.

the fries are only just OK. love the hot dogs but they suffer from no hot dog chilli - if you can imagine that. they have a chilled chilli relish but it is not hot dog material!!! alas, the dogs are barking up the wrong tree.

at the end of the day, they serve a really fine burger. in Abu Dhabi, the only better burger is from Shake Shack. it has all the classic condiments.

• Visited July 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Juicy New York style hidden oasis amongst a maze of the old Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stumbled upon this New York style burger hut whilst working my way around he maze of unidentifiable back streets. Even my Sat Nav was on the blink, frustrated by the fact that it didn't know really where we were.

Grand Central is located off Muroor Re not too far from the Jones the Grocer Muroor Branch. It's an an area if many small restaurants which when you come across them wish they were located in central Abu Dhabi (Khalidyah Area). Despite this fact it's very odd to see an American Style burger hut located here, I immediately saw that it was very busy, full of young hungry Emirate men. This was a good sign. The staff are friendly and surprisingly staffed by non Phillipinos (in fact two girls were Caucasian!). The chefs were Phillipinos and prepared the food in under 15 mins (due to high volume of telephone orders) on the live open grill.

The menu is concise but very flexible. I chose the 100% pure, fresh and yahki beef. It came with portobello mushrooms and a slice of non processed cheddar cheese. The great thing about Grand Central is that all burgers are made with whole wheat bread, made with non processed cheddar, mixed greens, organic tomatoes, onions and pickles. There is a choice of three fries - curly fries, normal fries and sweet potato fries. I chose the latter which were sweet, crispy and amazingly tasty. You get one free special sauce of which I chose wasabi mayonnaise which I believe was a great accompaniment to the sweetness of the fries.

Presentation is cute and clean. It all comes in very precise square red and white boxes, perfect for takeaway. In fact of all the burger places the presentation was the best. The burger was very juicy and the taste of the meat was very fresh and non processed. I do believe his is one of he best burgers I've tasted in Abu Dhabi. It's only a shame there are wo outlets, the other being in Delma Mall. We need more places like these in Abu Dabi to really give the Emirate more choice. I'm glad they are making a good start with this place.

• Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Good burger in Abu Dhabi!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very good burgers, excellent hot made sauces for the fries. Great for the non summer days in Abu Dhabi and staff are all very nice and friendly!

• Visited March 2013
Abu Dhabi
“Little burger for AED 30”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A little out of the way burger place that looked interesting, so I thought I would give it a try. First thing I noticed that the place looked clean and the staff dressed appropriately for the work they were doing. All of the seating is outside on a patio type of setup. The weather is cool right now, so they did not have on any of the many swamp coolers that were also on the patio.

The prices were a little steep, but I thought what the heck, they are making the burgers from scratch so they have to be good. Since there were only two tables that were occupied with patrons who were already eating, I guess the staff figured they did not need to give me a table marker (a free standing sign with a number on it) so they could find me when my order came up. Well, the place got busy real fast, and most the tables filled up with other patrons who had ordered their meals. After about 20 minutes of watching food come out for the other patrons, I decided to ask about my order. Apparently they gave it to someone else, or just forgot about it completely... though I am thinking they gave to one of the other tables. My advice here is, make sure you get a table marker so they know where to bring your food out to. Since I was the only White guy there, I figured they still could have found me with my order, if they concentrated a little. I noticed the girl bringing out other orders after I finally got mine, had to go around to several tables before she got the right one, so I guess I was not the only one who did not get a table marker. Overall, the burger wasn't bad, but it was a little small, I thought it was actually smaller than a regular burger at McDonalds. The price of a burger, order of fries and a drink set me back 50 Dirhams. I am not real sure I will be visiting this place again, mostly because of the price vs the size of the burger.

• Visited March 2013