“Amazing Service”

Ranked #23 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Durham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We would have been here for 2 nights but sadly only ended up being one due to a long flight delay. However, when we arrived at almost breakfast time and feeling very tired check in was very swift and we were advised that we would not be charged for missing the first night. That now is what I call amazing service. The short stay we had could not be faulted at all - rooms, staff, service, breakfast and the spa were very, very good and I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and I am looking forward to returning hopefully at the end of this year.

Room Tip: choose a balcony facing the mangroves
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Majicou
Wael S, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Majicou,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay.

I am glad we were able to create a positive experience for you and you found our staff and service of a high quality. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful location facing some of the famous Abu Dhabi mangroves. The rooms are large and attractive and if you have a mangrove facing room you can admire the view from the room balcony. The breakfast buffet is extensive and good. In the same complex there are some nice restaurant sand coffee shops facing the mangroves (including Carluccios) as well as a Waitrose supermarket. Accessibility is good. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ZiadR
Dear ZiadR,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It is always a great encouragement and motivation for our teams to hear about guest satisfaction which is our main concern.

Now we look forward to welcome you hopefully for another stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Anantara Eastern Mangroves over 4 nights for business. We arrived about 11pm at night and were very warmly welcomed by the staff at the door who kindly took our luggage and showed us to the reception desk. There were 6 of us checking in and we were quickly shown upstairs to our room. Mine overlooked the pool and was extremely luxurious with small touches like a note for 'sweet dreams'.

The food is 5 star. The breakfast was amazing - I opted for the pancakes every day. The lunch just as brilliant with an excellent choice. Dinner is a buffet and you can try duck, lamb, cheese, pasta and many local delights such as hummus etc. but the greatest thing is the sushi. I've been all over the world and never tried sushi like it (I even managed to convert a colleague into loving it).

The staff are extremely attentive and constantly trying to assist you which is lovely. They turn down your room at night and will en devour to get you anything you need.

I can't comment on the pool, spa, gym etc as I was there for business and didn't have time unfortunately . . .

Can't wait to go back for a holiday!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hutclis
Dear Hutclis,

Thank you for your beautiful review and for staying with us.

I was pleased to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally, I have also taken good notes of how you commend the hospitality and excellent service rendered by our associate as well as the food selection most especially our sushi. Please be assured that your kind comments will be shared to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara and experience our Spa as well as enjoy other recreational activities.

Dubai
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel couple of times. Nice rooms and amenities.
Very friendly staff everywhere specially at the pool.
The best is their breakfast with unlimited choices of everything.
Reception was very flexible with my requests of sleeping disorders.
My recommendation is to stay in a city view room instead of sea view so you don't have to hear jet skis going around. You can always enjoy a nice view from their top bar.

Room Tip: If you have a light sleep than request a city view room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ZeeF44
Dear ZeeF44,

We are always happy when guest chooses our hotel, and furthermore are honored if the guest has been pleased with his/her stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate you sharing your amazing experience in particular the breakfast and the excellent service provided to you by our associates. Please be assured that such remarkable praises will be pass on the rest of the team.

Once again, your valued patronage is very much appreciated and looking forward to be at your service again soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Well priced and relaxing break. The hotel is on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi right next to the mangroves. On arrival the staff were friendly and helpful. After being seated the receptionist came to us and booked us in. Fast and friendly service with a nice cold drink whilst waiting.

Taken to the room, the view was nice from the balcony, the rooms spacious and well equipped with clock / iPod dock, large number of multi-language channels and very quiet. Bathroom again was a very good size. The room was well maintained with a large selection of pillows to suit everyone's needs.

With apartments next door, there is a supermarket and restaurants about a 3 minute walk from the hotel pool area. Food in the hotel was good, if a little expensive but this is standard for Abu Dhabi.

If any negative comment, it would be the loungers by the pool are too few for the hotel if it was busy, so you do need to get there early to make sure you get somewhere to sit. Again, the waiting staff were helpful and very friendly.

Highly recommended if you are in need of a quiet getaway!

Dear davidalexander73,

On behalf of the team, I would like to personally thank you for the nice comments. It is a delight to read compliments that my team is very friendly and that you feel they are proud to work for the hotel.

I have read with pleasure your positive comments on our accommodation and service. It will be a great motivation for the teams concerned to hear about your satisfaction and I will not fail to let them know. Furthermore, thank you for your comment about the sun loungers. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to address this concern.

In the meantime, thank you for your continuous support and looking forward to the pleasure of your company once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights over the Easter weekend and thought it was a good choice for a holiday hotel (as opposed to many of the other options which are much more business focused). We had a Kasara city view room which was huge with a nice sized bathroom too, whilst the room does face the city and over looks a busy main road the cost difference between this and a mangroves view was quite a lot during the period we stayed and we didn't feel justified the expense. We would however thoroughly recommend the Kasara lounge, which included breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks and canapés in a beautiful tranquil setting over looking the mangroves and we loved sitting on the balcony with a glass of prosecco watching the sun set.

There are several restaurants within walking distance; seafood, Carluccios and an Indian, we only tried the seafood but would certainly recommend it. From the airport it cost us c£12 (much cheaper than the hotel quoted us and readily available) and we also got taxis to the mosque c£5 and to The Emirates Palace c£10, so whilst you need to travel it is not expensive and taxis are easily available.

There are a lot of comments around the pool being small, but I have to say we stayed during a very busy time and most people were accommodated first time with beds, if not people don't tend to stay all day so it wasn't long before beds were available.

In terms of improvements our check in could have been better, granted it was about 11pm at night, but they tried to sell us breakfast (fortunately I knew it was included in the lounge) and no one explained the benefits of the lounge to us e.g. Timings for breakfast or sundowners (incidentally 5-8.30pn and we were amazed by how few people took advantage of them). Similarly, I used the concierge to book a spa treatment, which was done without me being present, I would have hoped for some form of confirmation that the booking had happened, which I have certainly had in other hotels of similar standard. We were also advised to visit the mosque at a certain time because of when they turned the night lights on - which wasn't correct, in addition it would have helped to be warned of the dress code (loose long sleeved trousers & shirt & head scarf for women) or the fact that you need to leave ID to hire the outfit to cover you if not dressed appropriately. Finally, I was disappointed to find the bedside draw had not been cleaned thoroughly when we checked in with an empty cigarette packet & other rubbish left in it.

Overall though we would certainly recommend the Hotel as being a nicer, warmer option than somewhere like the Jumeriah or Fairmont, both of which we walked through and found to be very clinical/business like which would not be our preference when we are away.

Room Tip: The Kasara lounge is definitely great value for money
1 Thank dentonsdestinations
Dear dentonsdestinations,

Thank you for your honest review and valuable comments about your stay.

Indeed, we always welcome guest feedback and find it extremely valuable in our efforts to maintain the standards of service which our guests have come to expect of Anantara Eastern Mangroves. Please be assured that I will discuss all points mentioned with my team and make necessary measures in order to avoid such unpleasant experience.

Apart from the points you have mentioned, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed some other aspects of your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you again and ensure that you stay goes beyond your expectation.

England UK
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Drove from Dubai Marina to The Anantara yesterday for an over night stay with my wife. Arriving with an open top Ferrari did help as the valet parkers could not do enough to assist us from the car and with our... luggage (Waitrose carrier bags). Check in was very relaxed and the welcome was very warm and informal, with dates, cool towels and saffron tea.
We had a room on the 3rd. floor overlooking the mangrove, it was lovely, spacious, superbly comfortable bed and quite a large balcony. Our carrier bags were delivered to the room whilst we checked in.
We had a lovely meal in the Thai restaurant, chef's starter selection and then two seafood variations that were cooked to perfection. Two glasses of white for my wife and two bottles of Peroni for me - 600 dhs. Lovely food, lovely staff and a complimentary entree that was so tasty yet so spicy. Up to to the roof top bar, which was ok! My only real gripe - slow to provide a very disappointing cocktail.
The staff were attentive, yet relaxed, just pitched it right! The pool was lovely with an inanity pool overlooking the mangrove. I loved it.
Breakfast was not cheap, but again worth the extra, relaxed and set me up for the day. Car packed, check out without any quibbles, big tip to the valet parkers and away for the drive back to Dubai.
Would I stay there again.... Yes I shall.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra for a mangrove facing room.
Dear KevanJ,

Thank you for your detailed and superb review about your stay.

I was very pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit with us and would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the accommodation and service. Your feedback is a reward for the team, which puts in a lot of effort to exceed our guests expectations.

We are grateful for your support and we are very much pleased to hear that you intend to stay with Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara once again.