“Impressions”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Would like to thank meerim for exceptional service. The best service I've had in a bar in the UAE... lovely bar and very relaxing quick service with a wide variety of drinks and food and a lovely view.

• Stayed: December 2013
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Jean Yves F,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback during your recent visit to Impressions, our rooftop lounge.

It is really rewarding to learn that you have recognized not only the stunning view and ambience of the lounge but most especially the exceptional service of Meerim. She will be glad to hear your kind words.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed just two nights on a quick business visit. Hotel very convenient for the airport, and with great views from my room overlooking the mangroves. Check-in very smooth and room just as expected, although could have done with some more sockets for charging laptop, phone etc.
Hotel facilities excellent, particularly the gym which was really first class: huge, plenty of new equipment, and never busy.
Had dinner at the Thai restaurant in the hotel which I would highly recommend - it was delicious.
On the downside my colleague and I had to wait 20 mins and ask 3 times for more tea at breakfast! And at the pool bar there were plenty of waiters but they were not really attentive to those who needed serving - had to go up and ask for more drinks and the bill.
Those issues did not detract from the experience though, and I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear NoPhoneNoFoodNoPets,

I would like to thank you for posting your candid review of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

We always welcome not just positive feedback but also constructive comments which we find extremely helpful in the continuous improvements of our product and services. Your comments on the service at The Pool Deck and during breakfast have been noted and will be discussed with the team to improve the service.

Furthermore, rest assured that your great comment on our gym facilities and signature Thai restaurant, Pachaylen, will be shared with the team.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I recently returned from a long-term stay in the Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and I could not have been happier with my experience. The staff, hotel amenities, food, beverages, location, and service were second to none. This property would certainly rank in the top five nicest hotels I have stayed in and probably the best overall hotel experience I have ever had.

This hotel is marketed as a business hotel, but it is extremely relaxing if you find yourself there for a weekend as well. Because I was a long-term guest on the executive floor, I had some additional privileges during my stay, but I suspect your average guest would find the hotel just as appealing. I had a Karasa balcony room, so I had a beautiful view of the city skyline and mangroves, as well as access to the Kasara Lounge, which I used almost every night for drinks and snacks and every morning for breakfast.

Here are some anecdotes about my stay, which should help to illustrate the quality of the service... Regrettably, I came down with a bad cold during my stay. On two separate occasions (once with the food and beverage manager and once with my favorite server), individual staff members took it upon themselves to create homeopathic elixirs to help me recover. The hotel also offered me a free Turkish hamam treatment in the spa, placed fresh flowers of my choosing in my room, brought a heated oil diffuser to my room without my asking, provided my newspapers of choice every day, and refreshed my fruit plate with all of the items I requested. Oh, and every staff member knew my name and would make a point of chatting with me whenever I was in the lobby, in the gym, by the pool, in the lounge, or eating in the restaurants. Bottom line, I made legitimate friends with a number of the hotel employees and wish I could have stayed longer.

If the opportunity arises for me to return to Abu Dhabi for another long-term stay, I would absolutely not hesitate to return to the Anantara. Thank you for such a wonderful experience...

Room Tip: For a truly awesome experience, select a Kasara balcony room with view of the mangroves.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SMR1977
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear SMR1977,

My heartfelt gratitude for taking the time to share your splendid experience at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

I have read your comments with delight and thank you most especially for pointing out the fantastic service of our associates who make a difference everyday. That you have considered your stay with us the best overall hotel experience you have ever had and marked our service standards as high make us all motivated. I will surely share your encouraging comments to the entire team to keep them inspired.

Furthermore, we are honored that without hesitation you are considering to stay with us again should you get a chance to return to this part of the world. We are all looking forward to that day for another amazing experience.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here on our return from Sir Banni Yas Island. The drive from the Ferry jetty took 2 hours boring drive nothing to see. The hotel is very smart and the service is excellent. Our room was very comfortable and to a very high standard.
We used both restaurants one was a buffet which was very good, the other a Thai which was fantastic with some dishes and touches that we hadn't experienced before.
We used the pool and pool dining facility's which were to the same high standards.
The taxi to the airport took 20 minutes.
All in all a good short stop.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annepaull
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Annepaull,

Allow me to personally thank you for the superb remarks you have put for us.

We are all excited to know that we have lived up to our promise that every guest should leave with amazing stories. Indeed, you had your amazing story during your recent stay with us. It is such a pleasure when our valued guests commend the hotel.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back for another great experience in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have just come to the end of a 9 night stay at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel. Another great hotel in Abu Dhabi. We stayed in a Kasara Balcony room which meant we had access to the Kasara Lounge where we were looked after by Shayan and his team. Soft drinks available as part of the package during the day and alcoholic drinks and snacks for a few hours in the evening. As we stayed half board we ate in Ingredients each night which is a buffet style restaurant. Again great staff including Sapan who always had a big smile for us. On our last night they made sure we had our usual table and all came to say goodbye to us. Too many members of nice staff to mention each by name.

Down side? Hotel has not been built with the sun in mind so only a few sun beds in the sun all day which disappears from the gardens by 3.30pm. As we had a balcony room on the other side of the hotel we could get some late sun, albeit looking over the main road. The hotel was very quiet whilst we were there so getting a sunbed in the sun wasn't a problem for us.

Something for management to look at which has been mentioned in other reviews is the time it takes to get drinks whilst out by the pool. I'm not sure if the hotel was busy they would be able to cope. With only a handful of guests it could take 20 mins for a drink to get to you.

All said we have had a lovely time and have been looked after very well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear maidyCardiff_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice feedback of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

I am glad to hear that you had a lovely time and that you were well taken care of by our associates during your stay with us. I will surely share your kind comment to the team.

Moreover, regret to note that you were not able to fully enjoy being under the sun while enjoying the breathtaking mangroves view for a long time due to the way the hotel was built. Also, please accept my sincere apologies for the service at The Pool Deck. With the coming of new associates, we are confident that our service will improve.

Thank you once more and the entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and to be of service to you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel for two nights and attended a two-day training program organised by my employer within the hotel premises. I must say that I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Hotel Staff were courteous and efficient throughout my stay. Checking-in and out of the hotel were handled in a professional manner.

I was assigned a room in the ground floor of the hotel and the view wasn't too bad.My room veranda opened into a nice garden and then to the mangroves. Even though there is a highway nearby, my room was quiet and I had sound sleep through the night.

The Gym inside the hotel is very modern, spacious and hygienic. Treadmills in the Gym have internet connectivity and TV consoles. I enjoyed working out in the Gym early in the morning. There is no extra charge for Gym usage by the hotel guests.

Breakfast and lunch are served in the restaurant at the Hotel Ground floor. Fantastic varieties of food items are available. However, I would have loved to see one Indian dish in the breakfast menu.

We had dinner at the Hotel pool-deck. Service was impeccable, food was delicious and I can't forget the moon-lit setting!

The Conference facilities in the hotel were also quite good. Whenever we required few electrical adapters, extension boards, etc, hotel staff came in quickly and provided necessary assistance.

I would say that the room tariff is expensive, but then the service and facilities are probably worth it. Looking forward to my next visit to Abu Dhabi and to this hotel....

Room Tip: If you are staying in the hotel to attend a residential program within the hotel premises, it is not...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Bodempudi,

First of all, thank you for a great review of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay and that your training was a success. I am more than happy to know that you are impressed with the hotel facilities most especially with the politeness and efficiency of our team. They will be delighted to hear about your feedback.

On another note, your comment on the inclusion of one Indian dish in the breakfast menu was well noted and will be discussed.

Thank you once more and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was the best mini break we have had in the UAE!
Luxurious, private, beautiful views, excellent service and a touch of fine dining.

The view over the mangroves exceeded our expectations. Not another building or traffic in sight, just a beautiful piece of nature stretching past the infinity pool, right here in the desert. It felt like overlooking a river in Africa and a crocodile or hippo should pop up any minute. Of course there aren't any. :)

The staff were professional and friendly and catered to our every need. Buffet breakfast was one of the best in the UAE, and I have had a few. The room was large and lacked nothing with a luxurious bathroom to compliment it.

Overall an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Pick the club room overlooking the mangroves. The view is well worth the bit extra. You get private...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear IvisAde,

My heartfelt appreciation for taking the time to post a very nice review of our hotel.

I am glad to know that you considered your stay with us as your best mini break in the UAE. It is motivating to read your comments. Your notes about our associates and buffet breakfast are very much appreciated. Rest assured that I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

Many thanks and we look forward to your next visit to Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.