1,637 results
All reviewsthai restaurantkasara loungebalcony roominfinity poolpillow menurooftop barbeautiful hotelcold towelscity viewrelaxing staypool staffpool sidelate checkyas islandgrand mosquewaitrosedates
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Simply SUPERB - A to Z! Massuse Hakan is highly recommended! ... :) Friendly reception, organized and clean changing room and locker, no bad smell in Turkish Hammam, steam/sauna/bath about 45 mins ritual is just fine, relax room relaxing. Try Turkish tea with Turkish delight or Turkish Ayran (Laban in Arabic). Close your eyes and rest. Enjoy the felling of being above clouds ... :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erkan G
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I live in dubai and visited this hotel for a one night getaway - I now find myself wishing I couldve stayed longer. All the reviewers are absolutely spot-on - spend the 200 dhs extra and get a mangrove facing room. The view is breathtaking. The rooms are beautifully designed and are very spacious. I was astounded to see the size of the vanity counter in the bathroom. They have a nice big bathtub and provide bath salts if you want to draw yourself a nice bath - which we did and it was amazing. They have all the amenities you could need - coffee machine, well stocked mini bar, toiletries, etc. A con for the hotel would be its reception staff. They are not the most hospitable people and the greetings looked very forced and fake. But since we spent hardly 10 mins out of our entire experience dealing with them, it didnt matter so much. We ate at the thai restaurant - Pachaylen - very nice food. Overall, our stay was extremely relaxing. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Mangrove facing on a higher level - (I think level 5 is the highest)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanvi A
Moritz K, General Manager at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa By Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear travelight504,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We are all happy to read your positive feedback and also wish you could have stayed longer. Apologies for the let down by the reception this time - we will have this fixed for your next visit.

Luckily Dubai is not far away so I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

In the meantime I remain with best regards

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent hotel stayed here for my honeymoon. Everything I could have hoped for. And to top it of the hotel prepared my room as a honey moon suit.would recommend to anyone. Excellent location just 15 min drive to airport and down town. Nice and quite away from busy Abu Dhabi

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank asif159
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We visited this property in the month of May, when the temperatures just started soaring. Room decor was absolutely fabulous and contemporary. Check-in staff was bit rude and could have been more welcoming. Kids loved the pool and the cocktails served in the outdoor jacuzzi served the purpose of being more relaxed. Breakfast was of a great variety and high quality. Worth the visit, but a repeat is ruled out.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keen_traveller_2912

Dear Keen_traveller_2912,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback and apologize for the disappointment during check in. We are glad that you commented so positively on our great 52sqm large rooms and our nice pool facilities.

You might change your might on a return visit and if so I look forward to welcoming you back.
With kind regards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Anantara properties are quite unique in their choice of locations around the world and more so in the UAE in general and Abu Dhabi in particular. After having spent two days of pure bliss in their property in the Maldives, we just checked out of the Eastern Mangroves and I must say, they have not only chosen a rare location in the heart of the city but have also been able to reproduce that distinct zenful attribute which demarks them from their competitors.

The choice of earthly warm colours throughout the hotel blends quite nicely with the surrounding environment and double glazed windows completely shield their occupants from the outside world: you might be in the heart of the city but would definitely not feel like venturing outside of the hotel grounds. Rooms are very well appointed and feature memory foam mattresses and intelligently carved sitting areas, the highlight of course being the endless mangrove vista with gently rolling water canals.

The temperature controlled infinity pool boasts a deep azure coating, an invitation for a plunge or a simple dip. Discrete pool staff distribute iced cold towels and lavender sprays, prolonging that feeling of serenity. Further afield, a flock of seagulls gather on the shores of the mangroves, enjoying the last rays of light before nightfall.

Room Tip: Mangrove rooms for a proper experience
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Choucrallah

Dear Choucrallah,

I just read your kind review and like to thank you for making time to note down your wonderful impressions. The team and I are proud of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara and that we deliver the true Anantara DNA.

Being recognized by our guests is what motivates us and keeps us going day by day.

Thank you once more and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best regards