1,639 results
All reviewsthai restaurantkasara loungebalcony roominfinity poolpillow menurooftop barbeautiful hotelcold towelscity viewrelaxing staypool staffpool sidelate checkyas islandgrand mosquewaitrosedates
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm from Los Angeles and have been living in Abu Dhabi for the last 2 years, I've been to just about every spa in Abu Dhabi and have had some amazing treatments. This last weekend however, I was fortunate to have had a Hammam (Morrocan bath) treatment followed by a 60 minute deep tissue massage that was so memorable I had to tell everyone about it.

It was by far one of the best treatments I've had in the last 2 years. The massage rooms were spacious and welcoming, perfectly lighted and well decorated, the Hammam room was beautiful and extremely comfortable. But as you know, what truly makes the treatment exceptional are the therapists. For the Hammam ask for Hakan (male) one of the best in town and nicest guy ever or Gibzy (female) who is skillfully thorough at her job.
Then for the best deep tissue massage you will ever have, ask for Darani (aka Nee). She proved to me quickly that she knew my body and my trouble areas better than I did and she was determined to take care of those nasty knots.

For the Hammam treatment, never be shy about asking for deeper pressure, after all, you want to make sure you are getting the most out of your treatment. I highly recommend these 3 therapist and the Eastern mangrove spa and its friendly staff.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dianne L
Moritz K, Regional Spa Director at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa By Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Dianne L,

On behalf of Anantara Spa we would like to thank you for your kind words. The team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa experience with us, we take great pride in our Turkish Hamam. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband very soon.

Kind regards

Lindsay Madden-Nadeau
Regional Spa Director UAE

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After a long week, we met at Eastern Mangroves for a night out with the ladies- not a tacky ladies night- and had an amazing evening! We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze and brilliant atmosphere here! Thank you guys!! I think I might need to bring my hubby back next week for some R&R! What a lovely hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank CarrieandCrew
Moritz K, General Manager at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa By Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear CarrieandCrew

Thank you for rewarding us with your nice review! I am happy to read that you liked our hotel and consider a return with your husband. Perhaps you might schedule this for a Tuesday when we hold our fabulous Cheese & Wine evenings at Impressions Rooftop Bar? It has become a popular night at the hotel with its beautiful vista over the Abu Dhabi Mangroves.

I await your return and remain.
Best regards

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything in this hotel is very good. The spa is very good specially the Thai lady Nee. She not only good also full of knowledge on how to look after the skin.
One thing I didn't like when we arrived ... the receptionist ignored me and spoke to Phil even though I asked the questions and the booking and credit card are in my name - so rude by the way I'm Asian. Need diversity and equality training to put in their training and development. Over all this hotel give you everything you need and the luxurious you wanted.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Batuaji

Dear Batuaji

Thank you for your kind review and positive remarks on our Spa Therapist Nee. She will be very happy to receive the praise. I am sad to read that you have not been treated well upon check in and for that I apologize. I will certainly address this with concerned department and ensure that all associates are reminded continously.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastern Mangroves Hotel soon and remain.
Best regards

Genral Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Eastern Mangroves is quite unlike some of the flashier hotels that have appeared so quickly in the Gulf. It is really a large boutique hotel designed for a specific audience. There are minimal facilities for children and those looking for a buzz or an Irish bar, for example, will be disappointed. The hotel is for relaxation - not show.

Whilst is does not have a beach, the pool area overlooks a stretch of water with the mangroves beyond which is very calming. The hotel is not actually near any regular business or tourist location but most can be reached within a few minutes by taxi. The guests seem to compromise a mix of up-market leisure guests as well as business visitors looking for somewhere a bit quieter than the standard luxury hotels in the business district.

I stayed there last autumn and was impressed enough to return this year. It was pleasing to see a slight change: last year, the staff were anxious to help whenever they could but sometimes got things a little wrong but now they anticipate what you want and get it right most of the time.

The most obvious improvement is in the breakfast service which did have problems on opening but is now much better-managed. Most of the staff were really on the ball but Suzanne and Mark stood out though everyone wanted to help when asked.

The pool service last year was very good and it is pleasing that both the bar staff and the pool boys are just as good now.

One of the managers, Amer Rashid Faidi, whom we had met last year, went to great lengths to ensure everything was done for us. The Kasara service was, as you might expect, excellent but Chanar, one of the butlers really worked hard to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

The hotel has now definitely come of age and, if you are part of its target market, can be wholeheartedly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank LondonIsis

Dear LondonIsis

I would like to thank you for your kind review. Especially reading that our hard work on improving our services has not gone unnoticed is pleasing and rewarding. You mentioned quite a number of outsanding employees and I am proud to have these associates as part of our team. We are happy that our people make the difference as this is what Anantara is all about.

I look forwrad to welcome you back again soon at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa or any other Anantara property.

Best wishes from Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for 10 days. We are from UK and we are both well travelled. We always stay in 5 star accommodation. We were very impressed with this hotel. It is one the of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were well taken care of. Also this is the only hotel we have stayed in where the staff give you the choice of changing bed sheets and towels twice a day. The coffee machine in the room was amazing. Also we were very happy with the great choice of gourmet food available for breakfast. We were spoilt for choice. The food was very nice. The swimming pool was also really good. The staff were always happy to help and provided a good service with a smile. We would like to highlight that Denis Krupp (assistant front office manager) always went out of his way to help and assist in making our stay as wonderful as possible. His knowledge of Abu Dhabi was very beneficial for us.

Room Tip: The Mangroves view is breath taking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rita_simon
Moritz K, General Manager at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa By Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear rita_simon,

Thank you for your beautiful review and especially for mentioning the service of Denis Krupp. He will be as thrilled as I am reading your review and hope that you will be returning to the Eastern Mangroves Hotel and Spa upon your return to Abu Dhabi or choose any Anantara property wherever your travels will bring you.

In the meantime best regards