“Customer Satisfaction a Priority” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Abu Dhabi Gate

Novotel Abu Dhabi Gate
Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Customer Satisfaction a Priority”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After enduring a long international flight and being up for over 36 hours, we decided to stay in Abu Dhabi rather than push on to our final destination in Al Ain. Novotel was offering a good rate for the night so we choose this hotel. Once we checked-in the troubles began. The A/C was not functioning well so we called for maintenance. They responded quickly, but after a short while it was obvious that the room was not cooling down. In the meantime we ordered some food from room service hoping to get something better than airline food. We called maintenance again and again they quickly responded. It took a while for the food to be delivered, but we wished it had never been ordered. All three of our meals were awful. We fell asleep dog tired. The A/C never cooled down the room and by 6:30 am it was too hot to sleep.

Now the pleasant part - The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and a bath with a separate shower that you won't want to get out of for a long time.

I discussed our problems with the manager and he more than satisfactory made up for our misery. The next time we need a place to stay in Abu Dhabi, we will go back to the Novotel. I always appreciate a place that goes out of the way to right a wrong.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GeoffreyC738

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I spent 2 nights at Novotel from last week and it was a great stay for me. I got a very good rate from Booking.com, Non refundable rate but I didn't want it to charge by credit card. I talked to the lady at Reservations Ms Zarina. She offered the same rate to pay directly to the hotel at the time of check-in. Also enrolled me for their Le Club programme as well. The staff is always with smiling face and very helpful. I got room with great view on 10th floor :)
Room is perfect and clean. The breakfast is great with varieties of Tea & coffee :)
But Wi-Fi wasn't that strong at room, but strong at lobby area & at restaurant on 1st floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carrottycarol
Nyborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had two nights at Novotel a few weeks ago after being stranded in the UAE.

The staff was professional, courteous and helpful. And took an actual interest in listening to what you had on your mind.

The WIFI was sadly VERY slow and unreliable, the staff reassured me that it was a temporally problem, still it prevents Novotel from getting five stars this time.

Another nuisance when staying at Novotel, is the giant size of their pillows! It cause my head to bend in an angle that makes sleep hard.

Apart from that, the hotel pool was amazing and heated to just the right temperature, the room was clean, modern and fresh and a fine selection from the 24/7 roomservice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent my last weekend at the hotel celebrating a birthday of a family member. I got a very good rate from Booking.com which worth every penny. Complimentary birthday cake request was delivered on time and it was delicious. The swimming pool is decent in size but it was a bit crowded during the weekend. Me and my husband had a drink at the pool bar, too bad at that moment the bartender was alone handling too many orders so I expect the delay.. I love the jacuzzi and I wanted to try the sauna, therefore it was dark and i tried to press the buttons but it just didn't work and there was nobody at there to ask for assistance..

We had dinner at the Italian restaurant, I seriously think that that's the best pizza i had in my life.. Try the sirloin steak with the balsamic reduction.. Delish!

The breakfast selections are nice, my husband loved it! The only down side from the breakfast was the egg order.. I specificly mentioned that i only eat white eggs, I had to wait for more than 15 mins and when I 'm back to ask for it the chef gave me an omelette with egg yolk and tried to convinced me that it's only egg white, plus i requested it to be done with a little oil, but the omelette was swimming in oil.. The next day i tried the gym.. It's wide and have a complete equipments.. The staff are lovely too..So overall I would reccomend this hotel, we had a lovely stay.. Only a few rooms for improvements but for sure we'll be back. :)

Room Tip: I thought the rooms facing the street will have a bad view.. but it wasnt at all, the city lights at...