“Best ramadan tend in the town”

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best ramadan tend in the town”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

i was visit ramadan tent with all company director gm and alll my colleague and when i enter the tend we welcome with big smile from mr murad and he asist us very good and we alof us happy from food and service when finish the food we test al flower sisha its realy nice time i wish to go again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank menocan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
coppell,tx
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The entry staircase was copied from the Titanic and the light fixtures are stunning. We had a jr suite which was very nice. The Bulter staff and most staff encountered were friendly and helpful. The spa is a must.

To be fair, I'm a tag along on a business trip during Ramadan. And the hotel is not a green zone if you will. No music in the public rooms, no bar service until 730p and nothing going on in the hotel to keep you busy. There is nothing to do nearby. Thankfully the spa had specials (because it was crazy slow) so that filled some time.

If I was on a business trip, then the issues wouldn't have been as magnified as they were. But, I spent my VC in a hotel room looking at a tv that froze every 5 seconds. After 3 days of it I called the desk and, as figured, it was the cable company's issue that they are resolving. Two days later and no reso. Idk, just expected more from this level hotel than the 'it's not our fault' excuse.

I can imagine that when all is working properly and Ramadan is over, the property is as vibrant as others that I have been to in the region. But, I now return home with what will be crazy jet lag, no rest and wishing I pushed this trip back a couple of weeks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sqrl18
Riyadh
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I love the design of this hotel .. Its ideal for beach and relaxing!
The staff were amazing except the reception staff coz they are not trained well! we spent long time in checking in-out!
There two swimming pools for adults and families with their children..
The are if this Hotel is amazing since you can walk around outside the hotel and most facilities are available such as grocery, high ranked Resturants, etc
Its almost 20 min by car from famous malls and galleries!
There is a Terquaz Restaurant within the Hotel but its so expensive and I don't recommend it since its below my expectation and their foods are normal but it has a good sitting view outside specially those who love sunset view!
The hotel offers daily hot beverages as a complementary such as turkish coffee, coup late, tea etc which is open whole the day so there is no espresso or coffee machine in the room! which sounds good ;)

I recommend this Resort for couples those who looking for romantic environment!
This hotel has a high standard in all facilities and for sure I will come again!

Stayed June 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 20, 2014

me & my fiance won the complimentary stay at the hotel. we decided to make his birthday celebration at the hotel. though its complimentary, we had a great stay & we are overwhelmed by the property and staffs. they send cake & fruit basket to our where when we arrived. we got sea view at the high floor! though the beach is quite muddy, we received great service and food.

thank you!

Room Tip: Higher Floors to see the great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charm888
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 14, 2014

So here is how the world cup finals ended up for us.

We called the St Regis to make a reservation for 10 people, we arrive and off course the table is not available yet. The humidity was so bad inside the tent we could barely breath! for some reason the AC's were not working properly. So we sat down waiting for our table, please keep in mind its 10:30 and they are still setting up the tent and adding chairs, couches and tables!!!

finally we were seated at 10:50. The waiter decided to take our order at 11:55. ONE WHOLE HOUR BEFORE ANYONE TOOK OUR ORDER! although we repeatedly asked the waiters to come to our table. They were so overwhelmed they could not come for a whole hour. Finally at 12:05am we receive our WATER. At 12:35 we finally get our Shishas and drinks.

I ordered the lemon mint, which i could not drink and spat back out...

Here is the most wonderful part of the whole night: THE POWER WENT OUT DURING THE GAME. for about 15 minutes we sat in the dark watching the screens with no sound!

Dear St. Regis,

If you are not capable of offering amazing service at your tent during Ramadan, then please do not attempt to make a tent. Here are some major screw ups:

- You were WAY understaffed

- The set up of the tent was still happening until 10:30pm, we had to watch the poor workers go in and out of the tent in the humidity so that they can bring the couches from outside, all while sweating and making people uncomfortable

-Your reservation system is degrading.. we had to call about 7 times to make a reservation, the people who answered the phone were clueless. The only thing they knew is that the minimum charge will be AED 150 per person. We kept calling to make a reservation until a gentleman called Tony answered our questions!

- You think you have the right to charge people AED 150 per person for service that didn't come for a whole hour? REALLY?

Here is the good part: We got 50% off our bill because of all the slacks we had to go through!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
10 Thank Sara A
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Sara A,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our Ramadan Tent.

Unfortunately that evening it looks like the team were a little overwhelmed with the business levels experienced. What you could not know and nor should it have been your problem is that we did over 1000 covers for Iftar in the tent prior to your arrival. The re-setting of the furniture you saw was due to many people leaving later than expected after they had finished their Iftar meal.

None of this is offered as an excuse however, you are quite right that here at the St Regis the experience should have been a lot better. I am sorry that the AC and the power also had a very negative effect on your night, I think the strain on the generator that evening was simply too much due to the overwhelming number of people in the tent.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this further with me as I would be happy to meet with you in person here at the hotel or discuss this over the telephone.

London
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Exceptional all around experience in this beautiful property. They are a new property and it shows, with breathtaking rooms and public areas.

Wow factor is certainly high on arrival in the lobby with the grand staircase, chandeliers etc. Check in was smooth & friendly, although certainly missed certain points you would expect at this level - no welcome drink, no newspaper offers, no guest name.

The room was very very nicely designed, particularly the bathroom. As expected in Starwood properties the mattress was huge & very comfortable. The butler came to introduce some features & to offer his services which is a great St Regis touch. Ironing was back promptly the following day as promised.

Bar service, beverages and food were all to a very decent standard & speed of beverage service was good. Pricing is also very good for this level of hotel (but we do live in Dubai with their sky high prices!).

Next day we used the beach & pool facilities, all of which were quiet but very well maintained & thoroughly enjoyable. The swim up bar was awesome & the salads we had poolside again very good.

We went out that night to meet a friend but enjoyed lunch in the Villa Toscana restaurant before we left the following day. The set lunch menu offered great value and masses of food!

Overall it really was a top 2 night stay in resplendent surrounding.

Room Tip: After rennovation / re-opening I expect all rooms are finished to a very good standard
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ben B
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Ben B,

Thank you for your feedback and for the time taken to share it on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the use of our various outlets/facilities and that your experience was so positive.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed July 7, 2014

i checked in today in the st regis, and was pleasantly surprised that all the old world elegance and opulence was done tastefully and not over the top. whilst grandiose, the lobby actually feels warm and welcoming... i was looking forward to my stay.
but things went south from then onwards...
- check in took 20 minutes, although i had announced that i was coming 2 hours earlier and that i required a wheelchair friendly room
- even though i said tot he front office that i would just take any room and did not want to wait, he called the FO Manager, made me wait anyway, took me to the room whilst Housekeeping was "checking it"... and ruined the whole experience altogether!
- Although i had very clearly said that i needed an adapted room because i am in a wheelchair, the room was not ready:
a) there is no chair or bench of any sort in the shower - am i supposed to just sit on the floor?
b) the heavy desk chair had not been removed
c) the rail to hang cloth is at a regular height, which is totally unreachable for someone in a wheelchair

when the butler came to introduce herself, i requested a solution for the shower (or to be moved to another normal room where i can use the bath!) and for a coffee
- the quality of the coffee was very average. it would be so much better if there was a Nespresso machine in the room!!
- the hotel's solution for a wheelchair friendly bathroom is to bring a garden chair and place it in the walk-in shower. Surely someone must have thought about the fact that these chairs are unsafe in wet environment and very slippery. This is an accident waiting to happen, and a law suit waiting to be won!!

Further issues experienced on my first day:
- butler did not know how to open the curtains and sheers. we pulled, pushed, jerked, twisted and prayed... nothing. "oh they must be broken. sorry sir!" (hint: there is a button near the bed side table ;-)
- bread of room service was just plain stale and dry.
- toilet leaks

all in all, not the St Regis experience i was expecting.
and that's disappointing!

Room Tip: highest floor possible of course! great views from everywhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris K
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Chris,

I am extremely disappointed to read the comments from your stay with us earlier this week. You have highlighted some very clear gaps in the service we are able to provide guests in wheelchairs such as yourself. For this I am truly sorry and you can be sure that we are already undertaking an extensive review of our offerings in this regard.

If you would like to speak to me further on this I would be very happy to call you. Please email me your number with a good time to reach you, to - Info.Abudhabi@stregis.com

Sincere apologies again.