The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
$204
$197
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$95
$158
$108
Sofitel
$57
$53
Hotels.com
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
$138
Agoda.com
$123
$111
  • Pool
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
$70
$56
1,670 results
All reviewsbutler servicevilla toscanabeach clubcrystal loungenation towersremede spagrand deluxe suitechampagne saberingunderground tunnelbeautiful hotelitalian restaurantpersonal butlermarina mallbeach accessswim up barsea viewkids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed in a suite for a night at the St.Regis and were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. With the Saadiyat Island Resort attracting more attention in the press and from friends we were not sure what to expect and were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The lobby is grand and elegant, and perfectly sets the tone for a Hotel whose décor is refreshingly ornate and old fashioned. I normally much prefer minimalist hotels with clean lines and less opulence, but this had a charm that belied its more modernist exterior. Check-in was a dream, and we were soon shown to our suite. The room was excellent, more modern than the rest of the hotel itself, and with excellent tech (Electronic curtains, easy-to-use lights, a great entertainment system that allowed for external hard drives). The view from the bathtub over the water made for a perfect sunset spot, and the TV built into the mirror in the bathroom was also a nice touch.
Whilst we were there we also enjoyed brunch at Gary Rhodes restaurant. Having lived in the UAE for 7 years these things can be very average, staid, and similar, but we found the food excellent throughout, and the service was once again impeccable.
We have yet to stay in St.Regis noisier sister hotel resort on Saadiyat, but I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone coming through the capital, either on business or for pleasure.

1  Thank B3nnyDubai
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear B3nnyDubai,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one and that you would recommend it to others.

I wish you a wonderful stay in our sister property and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and i stayed one night as a staycation, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel recognized us with strawberries, cake, and sparkling wine! It was very nice (it may also have had to do with the fact that we are SPG members).

We arrived at 3:00 pm and our room was not ready (check in time is 3 pm). They made it right by esorting us to the spa where we changed into swim suits and went to the private beach. After the beach, we went back to the spa for a sauna.

That evening was dinner at Rhodes 44 in the hotel.

The room was very nice and the bed very comfortable (though the pillows are a little too big for comfort).

Room Tip: Ask for a Corniche view and/or a Arabian Gulf view.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

If our room had been ready when we checked in, at the 3pm checkin time, we would have been happier. But after enjoying the pool, we checked into our suite, overlooking the Corniche and the Arabian Gulf and the frustration melted. We appreciated and enjoyed the guest wi-fi, the big thirsty towels, huge bath tub, the waters and the comfortable furniture.

Two observations worth noting: the pillows are enormous and uncomfortable for sleeping but lovely for bed making; the toilet paper is not nearly as luxurious as the rest of the hotel accoutrements.

Dinner at Rhoades 44 was delicious and I appreciated the Gluten-Free bread (upon request) and the food allergy labels on each menu item. Kudos!

The breakfast buffet was pretty and abundant. I ordered an omelet and it never came to my table! I went to ask about the missing food and it was sitting on the counter...

The staff were wonderful: Andrea, Guest Relations, is outstanding! The waiter Milos at the Rhoades 44 was wonderful too.

Overall, it was a wonderful 24 hours and I look forward to returning.

1  Thank NDeniseS
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear NDeniseS

Thank you for finding the time to share your feedback with us. I have taken note of your observations and have shared them with our team, I am also happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one and that the team have created such a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the St. Regis Abu Dhabi for one week in April and were very much impressed by the luxury of the property itself. The modern exterior does not prepare you in any way for the opulence and old-world grandeur of the lobby, the Crystal Lounge and the other public areas. What a fantastic surprise!! It was worth leaving the hotel just so we could return and be impressed once again by how beautiful it is inside.

Our room was extremely comfortable. It was very well furnished and spotlessly clean. As was the superb bathroom.

We especially enjoyed the newly opened Nation Riviera Beach Club, with its immaculate sandy beach and laid-back beach restaurant which served a wide variety of mouthwatering dishes. Just perfect for a relaxing beach/poolside lunch or drink.

We ate in Villa Toscana three times during our one-week stay. The handmade lobster ravioli was as delicious as promised. Next time round I intend to spend at least one morning at the Italian Cooking School. I may not get to master the ravioli but, who knows, I might learn a trick or two to impress my friends when they come to dinner.

What can I say about the Butler Service? Not being familiar with this service we did not make use of it the first few days. But when we finally tried it, it was simply great.

Just one negative comment: apart from scrumptious breakfasts (delicious Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon) the food at Rhodes 44 was disappointing - so much more so because the other food outlets were very very good.

Last, but oh so important, the staff were charming, friendly, out-of-the-box helpful and very professional. They went out of their way to ensure that we had a memorable stay. We plan on returning in November to celebrate my 60th birhtday. I am already looking forward to another fantastic holiday in this fabulous hotel.

Thank you all at the St. Regis Abu Dhabi for making our stay with you one to remember..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank at_home_in_bali
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear at_home_in_bali,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share it on Tripadvisor. Your kind words about the hotel and especially our team are highly appreciated. I was delighted to see that they managed to meet and exceed your expectations, making this an unforgettable stay for you and your husband.

We are look forward to welcome you in November, and my team and I would love to take care of your birthday celebration.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I'm at a loss to understand why Gary Rhodes would want to associate himself with this restaurant. The menu is very uninspiring, the food presentation is terrible - a piece of chicken or salmon on a plate on its own, vegetables on a separate dish, potato on yet another. But worst of all the food quality was terrible. Our food turned up barely warm, had not been seasoned and the jacket potato had been microwaved. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've had better food in a motorway service station.

1  Thank Petronius4

Dear Petronius4,

I am very disappointed to read your review on Rhodes 44.

We have received so many positive comments on the restaurant since we opened the hotel and therefore I am truly sorry that your experience was this bad.

I have passed your comments on to Mr Rhodes and I know that he will be equally disappointed.

I do hope that you will return to give us a chance to make up for this experience, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are planning a return visit to Abu Dhabi.