“Take into account its newly opened!”

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Not without its fair share of teething issues that any huge property partly still under construction would be likely to encounter this hotel was exactly what a fine hotel should be. Staff seemed experienced, polite, helpful and always at disposal for any query no matter how slight and we received a good dose of the true Abu Dhabi hospitality which helped cement in our minds why we love this place so much.

The lobby/ bar is one of the most beautiful (albeit grandiose) and tastefully done I have seen around the UAE 5 star hotels.

Room service choice is 4 star- when the quality is as good as it was you find yourself wishing there was more variety particularly on a long stay. However they offered to make off menu dishes which was perfectly executed. The food quality was an easy 5 star.

The gym will be upgraded in time to the excellent standard St Regis gyms usually are although it is perfectly adequate presently.

The Executive Suite was practical as well as a design piece and it truly felt like a home from home experience.

This hotel is the hands down winner and place of choice to stay on any return visit of ours to Abu Dhabi and I can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Executive room will make you want to stay forever
2  Thank grinchee
StRegis_Auh, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Grinchee,

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased to know you had a wonderful experience in the hotel. I have passed on your feedback to my team and they were very well received, it is indeed our endeavor to make every visit memorable for our guests and reviews such as yours motivate our staff to consistently deliver service beyond expectations.

We also took note of your observation regarding our offering for Private Dining, the menu items are now being reviewed and this will be improved in the coming weeks.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in the hotel the next time you visit the city!

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Abu Dhabi

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Yes, the hotel is very new, and one can feel that. The employees are not yet trained to perfection, but genuinely passionate and that's what counts!
Butler service is convenient and authentic. I had troubles with the wifi, Ada was extremely concerned and with her follow up, we finally succeeded.
Late check out was offered right t check in, due to low occupancy. The call from spa to inform about services is understandable but did not feel right...
The grand deluxe suite is simply beautiful... Timeless elegance with perfect finishing. The bathtub with an amazing view of the Corniche and Marina Mall is one of a kind!
I was only struggling with the lights, I could not adjust them to my preference, but this is a minor remark.
Thank you Victor for taking such good care!
In a few months, everyone will be at their best and the hotel most likely one of the 3 best in the city!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank katarina22

Dear Katarina22,

I am very happy to read about your experience in the hotel and that you liked our Grand Deluxe Suite, in fact I have shared your comments with Ada and Victor who took care of you during your stay.

I do apologize that you had problems with the internet and did not find it easy to adjust the lights in your room, the internet is working well now however the lighting system is work in progress and we are trying hard to make it easier to use.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and please do visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the new St Regis Corniche this weekend and was absolutely impressed. The location is simply perfect - right on the Corniche by the sea, a stone-throw from the popular Marina Mall and only 30 minutes from the Airport. The room was stunning - we had a corner room with great views of the sea, the Corniche as well as the surrounding area, and most importantly the sunset and the sunrise! The bathroom with a huge bathtub offers you the same view, simply amazing. The feel of the interior, be it the lobby, the restaurants or the bars reminds you of some of the most iconic luxury hotels in New York or other grand dames in the hotel industry, yet it mirrors the local traditions and themes. Gary 44 Restaurant was a perfect surprise with a fusion of British and Oriental cuisine, definitely to recommend. Last but not least the service was very attentive and professional, which is quite surprising for a hotel that just opened days ago. I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Try to book the second category of the rooms - they are on the highest floors and have two panorama...
3  Thank WallieM_AUH
StRegis_Auh, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Venuzius,

I am delighted to know that you had a relaxing weekend with us, the stunning views from the room are indeed a unique feature of the hotel and I would like to thank you for your compliments. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

only a few days open but an excellent caring service. Sales manager Antoine and Victor to be mentioned. Not to forget all other people down to the maids. If St. Regis is able to keep such a standard it will be paradise. At a new hotel many things go wrong. Here at St. Regis very little and if, it is immediately addressed. Compliment to the whole team.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank buzytraveller2013

Dear Buzytraveller188113,

Thank you for the compliments, I shared them with the team and they were extremely happy to know they've delivered a level of service which has met your expectations.

Please do visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I arrived on the first official night of the hotel being opened to be greeted by Mr Oliver Key, the General Manager, and his staff. From check in to check out they did everything in their power to make my stay remarkable. As it was the first night, they were still getting the final touches in place, but this did not stop them giving excellent personal service.
I had a wonderful Bloody Mary in the main bar; a quite excellent dinner in Rhodes 44 (the scallops were to die for) and a generally relaxing weekend pampered to the hilt.
True, the beach resort is not yet open and guests were a bit thin on the ground but that only means the place will get even better as the autumn brings more reasonable temperatures.
The full English breakfast was so good on Friday morning, I repeated the order on Saturday. So, luxury all round, superb facilities and excellent staff. In a word; wonderful. Would I change anything? I'd put a sign on The Corniche just after The Hilton so you knew where to turn in (it's probably on order) because the hotel is part of The Nation Tower.

Room Tip: You would be hard pressed to get a bad one; they are all high up the building with panoramic views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FWTraveller

Dear FW Traveller,

It was a pleasure to welcome you on our first day of operations and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was opened 4 days ago. It is an amazing property with a pice of art lobby. The lobby is spacious & well decorated. The staff are very polite & helpful. The hotel shall have its own private beach in few months as it is not ready yet. My room (Superior King room) was nice, the bath room was nicer. I loved the white carrara marble which covers the entire bath room. Definitely I'm coming back.

1  Thank MAQi
StRegis_Auh, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear MAQi,

Thank you for sharing your comments, I am happy to know that you liked the hotel and that the team looked after you.

I hope to welcome you back when you come to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I am not one who like writing reviews, however I had the opportunity of staying in this hotel for two nights during their soft opening.
As any soft opening not all of their facilities are open, however this doesn't affect you from having a true St. Regis experience.
From the moment you get off your car you feel a warm welcome, from the doorman to the butler taking you to the room they all show great level of service trying to fulfil all of your needs!
The room my wife and I were in was incredible, the decor is elegant and luxurious, however you still feel the warmth that makes you feel at home. The view from the room was stunning!!! Full view the Corniche and Marina Mall, we felt in paradise!
We tried dining in Villa Toscana and Rhodes 44....both experiences are incredibly different, however each one of them memorable. The level of service is probably the best I have tried in Abu Dhabi, you can tell they are in the process of fine tunining it, however they strive for perfection!
This is defenitely a hotel to keep an eye for...they will still the scene in Abu Dhabi!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Infantejm
StRegis_Auh, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Infantejm,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am extremely pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us on our opening weekend.

Your very kind words were passed on to our team and they were much appreciated. We are all delighted to have created a memorable experience for you both.

We hope that you will visit us again very soon.