“Delicious duck”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Ranked #78 of 2,054 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A stylish restaurant, experience the best in Pan Asian cooking at Rouge, serving delicious signature dishes. Location : First Floor, Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi Opening Hours : Tuesday to Sunday Dinner: 07:00 p.M. To 11:30 p.M.
Chengdu, China
“Delicious duck”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Fab restaurant in the Rocco Forte hotel. We started with some great cocktails - my cosmopolitan had a nice sharp citrusy edge to it, just the way I like them. I had the tuna tartare tower to start, which was lovely, but the highlight of the meal was the duck - seriously the best duck I have ever eaten. It was moist and juicy, whilst the skin was crisp and delicious. Every mouthful was an absolute delight. The service was top notch and the restaurant is a feast for the eyes too. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank MerionT

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chengdu, China
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were staying at the Rocco Forte Hotel and went to Rouge for a special meal. The hotel is amazing and so is this place. My wife and I both started with a cocktail and then moved onto to the food. She had the tuna tartee tower and I had lightly seared tuna which were both nice and beautifully presented. We then went onto the mains which were equally amazing - my wife having the duck and I had the Australian John Dory - both delicious. The accompanying wines were great - particularly the New Zealand Chardonay.
The service here is fantastic and it is one of only a few places I can ever remember where I did not have to ask for anything. Rouge is not cheap but I think it is value for money and is the best restaurant at the Rocco Forte. Treat yourself for the environment, the food and the wine.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank stephentaynton
UK
“Delicious and innovative”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

A Chinese-Japanese fusion restaurant at Rocco Forte Abu Dhabi. Give the chef a medal - just stunningly good, beautifully presented, and stylish. Go!

3 Thank Ian M
Manila, Philippines
“A Valentine Experience!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Upon arrival to our table they gave us the Ala Carte menu, the Valentine specials menu, the cocktails and wine list, the waiter told us that we can order either from the Ala Cart or the pre-set Valentine special 7 course menu. Next the Matradee asked if we wanted a wine to go with our dinner and I said I will be having the duck so he then went on to describe what wine we should get to complement the duck, which we then chose on his advice. The wine arrives all well and good.

Then the waiter reappears to take our order, we explain that we are going to order from the Ala Cart menu and for the starter my boyfriend chosed the Crab meat and Duck rolls followed by Lobster for the mains and for me I was having the Crab Cake and the Duck for my main. At this point he then informs us that due to the set Valentine menu the following is not available, guess, all crab, lobster and duck dishes. This would have been a good thing to mention when handing out the menus, or even mentioned by the Matradee when suggesting a wine for a dish that we cannot have. Now time is ticking on and we are beginning to get hungry and the restaurant doses not provide bread to the table or something to nibble on first while you choice your food and they are preparing the food.

Anyway we now decided to order the 7 course Valentines special thinking this should be quick as it is pre-set. How wrong can you be!

The amuse-bouche was delivered to our table 40 minutes later, which was very nice but not enough to tide you over for the 30 minutes wait for the next course to arrive, in which time the couple next to us had complained about time it was taking for their meal at which point they cut their losses and left their table. Our 3rd course was another 20 minutes, this time the empty table next to us had a new set of dinners, three well-dressed business men, who ordered their food. Another 30 minutes passes and low and behold our 4th course arrives, once again very nice but was disturbed by the three well-dressed business men next to us now requesting the manager for the third time as their meals were late and served separately to each person. At this point my boyfriends patience had ran out and I asked the waiter where the next course was, as again it was now 20 minutes since the 4th course was cleaned away from the table. He left to check and return to say it is arriving but at this point my boyfriend already lost it’s patience as we had been at the table for over two hours for 4 course from a seven course dinner so therefore he told them not to serve the remaining courses and to just cancel it due to the fact that we would have to be at the table for another 2 hours to finish the dinner and we both need to work early in the morning.

On hearing this, the asst. manager appeared at our table and tried to convince us to stay and try the next course, while accepting that the service had been bad and it was their fault. However seeing my boyfriend’s head was about to explode it was better that we leave. The restaurant apologised once again and tried to make us stay for the desert skipping the last few course?!? God knows why they did and how that would improve the evening.

The only upside to the whole evening is that they did not argue when we declined to pay for the meal and would only pay for the wine, which was very nice and would have went really well with the DUCK!!

• Visited February 2012