“A fantastic thing to do in the middle east...”

Emirates Tours and Safaris
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Abu Dhabi Desert Morning Safari: 4x4 Dune Bash...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It is our great pleasure to introduce ourselves to you. "Emirates Tours" is based in Abu Dhabi, the vibrant capital of the United Arab Emirates. We offer you wide variety of tours and excursions within the UAE that enable you to experience the best of the land, the people, the culture and the tradition. Through our specialist services, we have become Abu Dhabi's best Destination Management Company and one of the very best in the UAE. Within a dedicated team of multilingual staff, "Emirates Tours" ensures you enjoy a very relaxed and safe journey. Visit us, as we look forward to greeting you and having the privilege of showing you more of this wonderful city and its surroundings.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

it was a very good trip and a fantastic experience for us, really worthy for the money you are spending , Good service and good food, well organised. Keep the good work

1  Thank SareeshRajan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)
All reviews
"shisha smoking"
in 17 reviews
"bbq dinner"
in 26 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 12 reviews
"great fun"
in 55 reviews

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Booked this as a last minute thing in order to kill time between check out and the horrendous 02:45 flight back to UK.
Thought if I was going to spend £50 on a hotel for half the night I may as well spend it on adventures.
Booking was easy-paying was a faff. Did not want to sue Paypal so opted to pay in cash at their office in town. Instructions to get there a bit dodgy but finally found the office.
Paid 290Dh in cash-supposedly "on offer" At this price it's just about worth it.
Pick up at 15:00 from the hotel was a mess. The driver was sat outside the wrong entrance after he was supposedly meeting me in the lobby. Set off 10 mins late and he was not that chatty on the 45 minute ride.
Luckily as I was alone, got the front seat with him so the dune bashing view was scary but an unhindered view. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much being sat in the back.
Once at the tyre deflation spot as he was late he then drove like a mad man to meet up with the other group. The fun had already started.
Wasted 15 pointless minutes at the camel farm-sure this is more for the drivers to meet up than for the customers.
Then the fun started. We were the lead car and the driver had one hand on the walkie talkie, one hand on the wheel and was driving over blind tops of dunes and slipping sideways down steep sandy inclines. Brilliant!
Occasionally he's stop so we could get photos of the other cars in action and there was also a 10 minute "get your breathe back" stop after about 1/2 hr. Funnily at this point the last car got stuck on the top of the dune so had to be rescued along with the passengers-see pictures.
Then to the camp. This was too boring for me TBHO but I was by myself. Must have spent 3 hrs here. BBQ was ok, soft drinks were free as was coffee\tea. There is alcohol for which you pay. Dress up in Arab clothes for group photos around an open fire, smoke the Shish (?) pipe. Ride a camel for about 50 yds! Slide down dunes on the sand board. Watch the sunset. Have a henna tattoo. They turn out the lights so you can gaze at the stars-still too much light in my view. The belly dancer was very good with a little audience participation as well. Got back to the hotel about 21:00
Overall a fun afternoon with some (for me) boring bits.
I would recommend this adventure for those who like scary rollercoaster's. Not sure I'd pay more than 300Dh though.
Dunes at abu Dhabi are supposed to be bigger than at Dubai.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

So I've been on several safari tours in the Middle East but I have never enjoyed one as much as the safari tour we did tonight the 12th December 2013. Our tour guide was Anver *think I spelled it wrong* And he was so awesome! The way he drove over the dunes was exhilarating! We didn't just spend 5 minutes driving over them. It was almost half amd hour. He stoppedbso we could take pictures, let us watch the sunset. We got to ride the camels and he even reserved a table for us at the camp! The bathrooms were so clean, the Henna artist is so talented and so friendly. Even the food was delicious. Anver continously checked up on us to make sure we were okay. We felt safe, had so much of fun and even the belly dancer didn't disappoint. This was by the best safari I have ever been on and all my friends that were with me agree. We will definitely do this again but only if Anver is our tour guide. He made the experience unbelievably exciting and fun! Thanks a million!

The South African Women (Adec Teachers) :D

1  Thank tiny_raksh
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I took the evening safari tour. The Land Cruisers were all new and drivers knowledgeable though a little difficult to understand at times. We started with a visit to a camel farm then dune bashing which was a blast. These drivers are very skilled and experienced and it was great fun. For dinner they have set up a camp where you get to have dinner and a camel ride, watch belly dancing, be painted in henna and have a smoke out of their traditional pipes if you wish. They also offer quad bike riding at an extra cost.I have lovely company and really enjoyed this trip. This tour is strongly recommended and good value for money

1  Thank Carmel M