“Crazy-Fun Dune Bashing And Tasty Meal”

Emirates Tours and Safaris
Book In Advance
More Info
$72.00*
and up
Abu Dhabi Desert Morning Safari: 4x4 Dune Bash...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It is our great pleasure to introduce ourselves to you. "Emirates Tours" is based in Abu Dhabi, the vibrant capital of the United Arab Emirates. We offer you wide variety of tours and excursions within the UAE that enable you to experience the best of the land, the people, the culture and the tradition. Through our specialist services, we have become Abu Dhabi's best Destination Management Company and one of the very best in the UAE. Within a dedicated team of multilingual staff, "Emirates Tours" ensures you enjoy a very relaxed and safe journey. Visit us, as we look forward to greeting you and having the privilege of showing you more of this wonderful city and its surroundings.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I booked the half-day safari tour, and it was a memorable experience. We were able to utilize Paypal to pay for the tour prior to our arrival in Abu Dhabi, and we found the booking process to be quite efficient and professional. The Land Rover timely picked us up from our hotel, and we had two other couples along for the ride with us. It's about an hour drive out to the desert, and that's where the fun/madness begins. I knew the dune bashing would be fun, but I didn't realize how extreme it was! Sliding down sand dunes sideways in a car with the sand rushing up over the car... it was terrifying! My guess is that the level of intensity is based on your driver for the tour. Our driver was quite safe, but I was floored at the intensity of the dune bashing portion of the trip. It lasted about an hour, and I was pleased when I was back on flat ground. Don't get me wrong, it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I am incredibly thankful for, but please heed my warning regarding the intensity of the drive.

After the dune bashing portion, we stopped by a camel farm, which was a bit depressing in our view. The front legs of some of the camels were tied together, and the pen was a bit small. We then moved on to the bedouin camp. I think we sat around for a bit too long before the food was served, but the meal was really good! They offered henna painting, shisha, and different local outfits to try on, along with camel riding (which consists of sitting on a camel while it walks in a circle), and sand boarding. You can also pay to ride on an ATV, so don't forget cash. The night ended with a belly dancing performance and star gazing. The bedouin camp was very well organized.

Overall, this was a well-executed tour and a not-to-be-missed experience in Abu Dhabi. Just don't eat a big lunch before the dune bashing portion of the trip. :)

2  Thank B.G._Chicago
Write a ReviewReviews (1,681)
All reviews
"bbq dinner"
in 27 reviews
"land cruiser"
in 26 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 13 reviews
"great fun"
in 55 reviews
"friendly driver"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We did a half day tour with Emirates Adventures in Abu Dhabi. they do a pick up from the hotel. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the desert part of the tour and then the fun begns. the driver drops the tyre pressuresxto drive on the sand and then there is some dune bashing until you met up with the rest of the group (20 cars in our case). There is then a convoy across the desert up and down the dunes. there are a couple of stops to get our breath back, including a stop at a camel farm.
The journey continues until reaching traditional Arabic camp, and where there is the opportunity to try activities like sand boarding, henna painting, belly dancing and Shisha.
A barbecue dinner is en served after sunset. the food is good and plentiful - even with 20 SUVs!
There is belly dancing - not really arab - but well performed.
A nice touch was a 10 minute lights out and look at the stars.
Then driven back to the hotel to pick up our car. All in all about 6 hours great entertainment.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great day had by all, a must do when in Abu Dhabi. Staff were friendly, location was great, food was good, entertainment was good. The tour was advertised at a discount for the month of March for 290dhs so it was great value, however you need to pay before the tour and as they dont take payment over the phone we had to call into the office to pay. When we went to pay they tried to charge us 390dhs the full cost of tour per person. After a debate and proof of quoted price of 290dhs provided by email they accepted payment of 290dhs. This was the only disappointint part of the tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stomach turning, borderline poop your pants dune bashing! This company rocks!
We did 3pm to 9pm dune bashing tour. Just OMG, my husband was screaming "faster", I'm holding on for dear life, loving every minute of it. Extreme dunes, stunning landscape.
We came across herd of camels, several of them were very friendly, got great pics. After dunes, we went to their camp (we're accustomed to desert camps as we live in Bahrain), great food, excellent sheesha, stunning belly dancer.
I highly recommend this tour company. Highly.