“good place for family” 4 of 5 bubbles

Emirates Park Zoo with Return Transfer from Abu Dhabi
Ranked #19 of 139 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Park Features: New Animal Paradise Extension & Birds of Prey & Hippo Park (2017) Aerial Adventure and Newly Refurbished Petting Zoo (2017) Recently refurbished Al Dar Restaurant (2017) Animal Feeding & Rides Animal Shows & Interactions at the Park Theatre In Water Sea Lion Experiences (New from February 2017) Hotel (Family Chalets, Suites & Rooms) Swimming Pool & Kids Play Pool Fun Games Indoor Arcade And Much More.....
Pretoria, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“good place for family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went to the zoo while staying at the emirates zoo park resort.The zoo and lodge are located not far away from the Abudhabi.The zoo is easily accessible.I liked the fact that the animals are so close and visitors are allowed to feed some of the animals

There is less variety and the zoo can do with a variety of more animals.

Visited January 2013

• Slovak first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“family friendly and easy to walk around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very good experience with the family, snow tiger and camels the highlight.
Very easy to walk around and plenty of interaction with animals by being allowed to feed them.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank David M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“LOVED it with kids!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We were a little apprehensive after reading negative reviews here. Really don't understand them after our visit, which was great. Animals looked healthy, plenty of shade, and helpful staff. Feeding the elephants (+20 AED) was our kids' trip highlight!! Only downside was distance from Abu Dhabi which was easy by cab, but getting return transport was a little sporty. Recommend hiring taxi for duration or scheduling through hotel. Nobody would come for us until hotel called, then a taxi arrived in under 10 minutes. Great attraction, worth the trip if you have kids.

1 Thank fig_dawg
Leeds, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Loved the giraffes feeding but not sure by the rest...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

First of all, I must say both me and my husband love animals and we have visited numerous zoos and therefore, I was really torn how to rate this zoo.

It is quite far from Abu Dhabi centre ( we stayed in Emirates Palace) 35-45 mins drive depending on traffic. To get in is really cheap but the zoo is also very small and it was nearly empty.

We really really loved giraffes feeding. It was just amazing!!! After you enter the zoo, don' t forget to buy the 'food' so you don' t have to be coming back. The giraffes are probably used to people a lot because as soon as they saw us, we had their full attention...I got even my face licked (not intentionally). They are such beautiful animals!!we made a lot of pictures and it was soo easy to get close to them and even touch them. You could do the same with camels and goats. We also quite enjoyed watching various monkeys but please be careful, they were quite mischievous and it can be quite dangerous as there is nothing what would prevent you or your children to get close and they really could hurt you.

Unfortunately, this is where our good experience ends. Many other animals were kept in quite poor conditions which made the whole experience quite bitter...It was really hot (May) and you could see some of the animals were really struggling as they did not have many chances to hide properly from the sun. Some of the ' paddocks' were also not kept very clean so we both felt really uneasy watching that all.

Therefore, I am really unsure what to recommend. The giraffe experience was out of the world but not sure if it was worth it...

Also one more tip for the ladies....if you do decide to visit the zoo, make sure you cover at least your knees and shoulders while you are there. most of the people we have met were locals (women completely covered) as it is not very touristy place.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Veronika C
Ajman, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I loved it! Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

This place was a welcomed surprise. My family and I enjoyed every minute of it. The African band was spectacular, feeding the giraffes & elephants extraordinary. I loved how homey it felt. It was a very intimate, yet grand. I will definitely be bringing my family again.

Visited November 2013