“Amazing place to stay!”
Review of Hyatt Capital Gate

Hyatt Capital Gate
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for eight days in June of 2012. It was hot and humid outside, but this was one of the "coolest" hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Initially I was in what I would call a very nice "standard" room but the hotel informed me that they needed to do some repairs on that floor and that they needed to move me to another room. Initially I was a littler perturbed, but that didn't last long....just take a look at the photos I snapped of the gorgeous suite to which I moved. I had a wonderful stay at the Capitol Gate. The staff were wonderful, the restaurant prepared excellent food for breakfast and dinner.

I suppose the only complaint I had was that it wasn't within walking distance of any restaurants or shopping so it was necessary to take a taxi. Fortunately, taxis were not expensive and this worked out fine. Also, because I was staying eight days I also got a pretty good rate, which was an added bonus. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brjblues
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

You certainly did stay with us during one of the hottest periods of the year however are delighted to enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Abu Dhabi.

Our employees are happy to know that the upgrade and service your received made your stay that much more enjoyable.

We appreciate that it is around a 15 minute taxi ride to several key points of interest however we do hope you made it to the majestic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – another architectural marvel of Abu Dhabi.

Looking forward to having you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

On our way from Dubai to Qasr Al Sarab we stayed for one night in Hyatt Capital Gate. It´s located off 30th street, not far from Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque, half way from Airport to Corniche. Next to the Hotel is the A.D. Convention Center and in the area are many embassies. So not really a touristy area. However it´s ideal to visit the Grand Mosque, but be aware that visiting times are limited, so check before you go!

We were attracted by the architecture of the hotel and this is certainly the highlight. Our room was on 29 of 33 floors, reception is on 18, the pool that is "attached" to the building is on level 19. The design is more than stylish, bit cold but certainly one of the most fascinating design hotels we have ever stayed in. I expected the view to be a bit more spectacular, the view itself is great, but there is not much to look at.

Our rate did not include breakfast, so we cannot judge, however we experienced the service not to be perfect. We ordered ice cubes to our room which never came, at pool we ordered drinks, which came....after 15 minutes. There is room for improvement.

TIP: If you do not want to drive all the way to Corniche but still enjoy a coffee, breakfast or a quick lunch we can recommend Mushrif Mall nearby, it provides a Tim Horton, Bloomsbury and other places to eat.

As tourists and not being on business I would certainly not spend a week there, but we can recommend it for a short stay in order to experience the hotel and to discover an amazing building.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TDBBerlin

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for all the tips you’ve provided to fellow travellers in regards to what they can do in the area!

We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed the aesthetics of the hotel however acknowledge that there were gaps in service based on your comments. We will certainly look into resolving these issues to ensure future guests have a more positive experience.

We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back at our hotel!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent 1 night and 2 days at this hotel and it was great. As a fairly new hotel, it was clean and modern. The view from the room and restaurant were fantastic. The pool was amazing and the view from this area was great. The pool isn't large but there were only ever maximum 6people there at any stage. In true Hyatt style, the food and service were great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Abu Dhabi for a few nights, whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank AlexandraJBryant
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just been on a further stay at the Hyatt Capital Gate. This time we stayed in town for a conference with several colleagues, who were all full of excitement about the hotel.
Also, we brought important clients for a dinner - food was impeccable, so was service.
The hotel just gets it right, which is not a given in the region. Staff is motivated, highly professional, rooms are large and very well appointed, food is brilliant.
Highly recommended. You will enjoy it.

Room Tip: rooms ending with ..01 thru ..05
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank montgolfier

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words; it is truly humbling. We are delighted you invited your clients for dinner at 18 Degrees and allowed us to deliver the excellent service you’ve come to expect from us!

We will be sure to acknowledge the hard work of all our employees!

Looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for three days on my way back from Sydney. The building is very modern and striking and definitely one of the reasons that I chose to stay.
I found the ambiance a little boring though and there was a lot of space with very little happening in it.
The hotel is attached to the Abu Dhabi conference centre so it clearly caters for the business market and it a little out of the way from the main activities of Abu Dhabi. But it's a very short taxi journey to most. I asked for details of a restaurant for lunch and concierge assured me that he would explain to the taxi driver where to go. Unfortunately he didn't and I ended up having to tell him just to take me to the nearest hotel when we began driving aimlessly up and down the corniche.
The service was friendly but nothing special and the pool area on the 19th floor was very relaxing although during the day the sun reflects off the glass building and onto the pool making it uncomfortably hot to relax in.
I stayed in a Capital Suite and it was a very good size with near 90 degree views.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TopherTravel

Dear Guest,

We’re delighted you chose to stay with us due to our unique architectural design. While we are business hotel located adjacent to ADNEC, fourtunatley, taxis are cheap in Abu Dhabi and it’s just 5 minutes away from the majestic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and a further 15-20 minute ride to other key points of interest.

We are apologise that our concierge forgot to tell the taxi where to go but we do hope you found somewhere nice for lunch in the end. We have spoken to our team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback which we appreciate and have taken on board and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Words can't express this modern marvel hotel. The design inside and out is breathtaking. I was wow'd in every since and believe me that takes great efforts because I spend 150 nights a year in hotels. This staff provided individual one on one first class customer service. I am a diamond member and they took the liberty to upgrade me two a superior king room. The views from the all glass exterior wall were breath taking. The view from the bathtub are unforgettable - you must take a bath at night and take in the views! The restaurant 18 degrees food and service were no doubt 5 star. The wide variety of middle eastern cuisine provided a great sampling from the area. I would recommend the Künefe for desert which is Lebanese. It was phenomenal - melts in your mouth! I visited the hotel on my birthday and was surprised upon my arrival in my room with a birthday cake. I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the hotel manager and front desk staff Kenishi for making my birthday stay unforgettable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a memorable experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travis C
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest

As an avid traveller that spends a lot of his time in hotels, your feedback is truly humbling! We’re thrilled you had an unforgettable experience and birthday and we’ll be sure to acknowledge Kenishi’s hard work as well!

Looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed 2 night in Hyatt capital gate. It is amazing and new hotel. The hotel start from 18th floor to 33 floor. Every room is different design for other room. the suite was incredible and the view is good. In the suite the minibar was free. Everything in hotel was good. Recommend this hotel for romance

Room Tip: room with sea view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple