“Amazing property, fantastic stay during GP weekend”
Review of Hyatt Capital Gate

Hyatt Capital Gate
Ranked #13 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing property, fantastic stay during GP weekend”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Hyatt Capital Gate for 4 nights at the start of the November for the Grand Prix. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and the staff.

From the moment we arrived until we left we experienced excellent customer service. The staff were genuinely warm and showed a personal interest in all of their guests. Special mention has to go to Ankush who took time out to offer his assistance to us during our stay. He had lived in Leith in Edinburgh which was a pleasant surprise to chat to him about back home. Ankush was a great advocate of the Hyatt group and he is a credit to the Hyatt brand.

We stayed in a "standard" room on the 21st floor but it certainly wasn't standard in design. As a new hotel the fixtures and fittings were modern and the room was had a high-end designer, minimalist look. I particularly loved the egg shaped bath made of Corian and the wet room / shower was great. It has given me inspiration for my next bathroom! The view from the room across Abu Dhabi was fabulous and our view certainly wasn't spoiled by any construction.

The star of the show is of course the building which is absolutely stunning. The interior structure of the hotel is fantastic, the lobby is gorgeous and of course the exterior is breathtaking. It is tempting after a long day to just go straight from your taxi into the hotel and your room, but we made the time to gaze up at the hotel exterior at night. The building is so unique. Such a unique structure deserves fantastic facilities, and the hotel spa / swimming pool befits the building. The views are incredible and the staff were attentive, ensuring you had sufficient shade, drinks, etc. Swimming in the pool at night is a great experience and one you shouldn't miss if staying at the hotel.

As we booked a great "room only" rate and we were at the Grand Prix for most of our stay we didn't get a chance to dine at any of the hotel restaurants so I cannot comment on the quality of the food. However, if you were to stay at the hotel for either business or pleasure then I suspect you would eat at the hotel during your stay given the location of the hotel (see below). We did have a drink in the terrace bar one night and of course savoured the view.

As you can tell from my comments above we absolutely loved this hotel due to the building, the rooms, staff, etc. If we were to return to Abu Dhabi we would almost certainly stay here again. However, the main “con” of staying at this hotel is mainly due to the location. The hotel is located in ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) which is still a developing / emerging location subject to construction. The construction wasn't really an issue for us given that the rooms start from the 20th floor, but it is a test for the taxi drivers who you will come to rely on during your stay unless you hire a car. A couple of taxi drivers really struggled to negotiate the diversions.

Additionally, subject to traffic the hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive to the Corniche / downtime Abu Dhabi. This wasn't an issue for us as we were well located for going out to Yas Marina (for the GP) and the hotel was very close to the Grand Mosque, the other main attraction we wanted to see during our trip. For our purposes the hotel location was advantageous but for others it may not be ideal. Taxis are plentiful in Abu Dhabi and we never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for a taxi from the hotel, even during the busy GP weekend.

The only other "con" with pointing out was wi-fi. We are all so reliant on our iPhones / smartphones these days so wi-fi has become an essential. We stayed in several 5* hotels during our trip and this was the only hotel that sought to charge us. The one time we did decide to pay the fee it didn't work for us. I suggest Hyatt rectify the situation by making the wi-fi free and reliable.

In summary, we had an amazing stay at Abu Dhabi and I would highly recommend this hotel for either business or leisure. I would particularly recommend this hotel for those staying at the GP because it is conveniently located between Yas Marina the the Corniche. A great stay and one I will never forget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laineylop
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments in regards to the service, design and overall experience you had at the hotel. Ankush is a great asset to the hotel and he’s delighted to have been able to provide you the personal assistance you were after.

We do apologise for the construction surrounding the hotel as we’re improving the general infrastructure of the roads to make the arrival experience a quicker and smoother one.

In regards to internet access, we will look into the issues that may have caused this service not to work to ensure we rectify the situation. Complimentary internet access is provided for those saying in a Suite or on a Corporate Rate Agreement with us. That being said, we do hope you visit us again soon and when you do, we’d be pleased to offer this service to you free of charge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington D.C.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel internationally often for business, and have stayed at a wide range of hotels over the years. I can say with no qualifications that my 5-day stay at the Hyatt Capital Gate was the best experience I have ever had in terms of service and comfort.

From the moment I arrived in the lobby from the airport, I was greeted warmly, often by name, and treated like a truly valued guest. A handwritten note from Sales Manager Andreea greeted me in my exquisite room, encouraging me to reach out to hotel staff if I needed any assistance during my stay.

I took her up on this offer, soliciting the expertise of concierges Ankush and Yulia about local sights and desert excursion opportunities. Their assistance in booking ground transportation and their excellent suggestions about local attractions were invaluable to me accomplishing many of my goals on this trip. I want to particularly recognize Manager Sabine H., who went above and beyond to ensure that I made it to my morning meeting after the scheduled driver failed to show up.

I ate one dinner and three breakfasts at the hotel's phenomenal (but pricey) restaurant, 18 Degrees, so named for its location on the 18th floor of a building that leans a record-breaking 18 degrees. The service at the restaurant (shout out to Vera!) rivaled its top-notch cuisine. The breakfast buffet was my favorite, with a bountiful selection of fresh baked goods from the in-house bakery, as well as fruits, meats and cheeses. Resident chefs were on hand to whip up fresh dishes as well. I wasn't as crazy about the nearly deserted hotel bar, Prive, simply because it was so dead every night. However, the bartender, Grace, was an awesome guy, who had a number of interesting stories that made my visit to the otherwise unspectacular bar worthwhile.

As I mentioned before, my room was immaculately clean and comfortable, which makes sense considering that the hotel is brand new. What surpassed my expectations was the attention to detail of the people who service my room each day. They ensured that any even the smallest items I used (tissues, water, a nail file, coffee creamer) was restocked every day. When they noticed that I was drinking all four of the complimentary bottles of water each day, they left double the number of bottles the next day. This type of service is what you expect at a top tier hotel, and Hyatt Capital Gate delivers.

My one qualm with the hotel is its location, which might be convenient for people working in the embassy district, but is quite far from Abu Dhabi's bustling downtown and Corniche where most tourists hang out. The ever present construction around the property also made for some interesting cab rides, where my drivers and I often had to stop and ask directions to the giant towering structure since roads around the hotel that were open one day were often closed or rerouted the next.

Location quibbles aside, I was extremely pleased with my recent stay here, and would gladly stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel, and am thankful I had a chance to stay here before everyone finds out how amazing it is and drives the rates up!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city skyline (West) since the other side looks out over a giant constructi...
1 Thank Isaac P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The standard of service and quietness and quality of the rooms was excellent. It is definitely an architectural intrigue as the hotel rooms are on the 20th floor and upwards to the top of the building. The breakfast was a brilliant choice in diversity, quality and service levels. I would highly recommend this hotel.
The only tricky part is the road construction around ADNEC at the second in getting in to the hotel but there are plenty of roadwork direction signs to Capital Gate to help any taxi driver! :-)

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. We had a corner one which was fabulous.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Happytraveller967
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hyatt capital is the synonym for real luxury!! amazing rooms, decor and style! you should see the bathroom area nothing more relaxing:) very spacious, really elegant. Top amenities in all rooms like espresso machine and a variety of teas, coffees etc. Hotel staff are very well oriented starting from the door man all are extremely professional.. I had an issue in my room and the FOM Mohammed ( exceeds expectations) solved it on the spot. The bed is the most comfortable hotel bed i think
A must try hotel in Abu Dhabi

2 Thank lb-Amy
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Capital Gate for 2 nights. I was lucky to get an upgrade to a beautiful suite overlooking Abu Dhabi and the distant desert.

The property is super modern. There was nothing missing in my suite. A ultra red light whirlpool, electronic curtains open and let you get a panoramic view from your bedroom, your living room and even from your bathroom.
3 TV's (Bedroom, Living room, jacuzzi), a small kitchen, private expresso machine, a large desk with plenty of outlets.
The hotel is connected to the Abu Dhabi convention center - it was very convenient.

The rooftop pool is fantastic. The modern gym on the top floor offered a wide variety of exercise machines. The gym in structure from the Philippines went out of his way to assist.

Personalized service was excellent. I enjoyed the superb breakfast buffet.
I can recommend this hotel when attending a trade show in Abu Dhabi - it's an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite- it's worth the investment!
1 Thank eTurboNews
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate the time you took to provide us and fellow travelers with your feedback.

Come again soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is an amazing engineering feet. Our room on the 30th floor was large, very modern clean and with the most comfortable bed. The room included free bottles of water & fruit & tea/coffee machine and the TV had lots of channels to choose from. It also included a well stocked mini bar at reasonable prices.
The bathroom included a shower and a large bath.
The wi-fi connection was good but not free - it costs 55AED per day - which is a bit mean for a hotel like this.
Also our room rate dod not include breakfast, which again seems a tad mean.
The pool on level 18 is good but the seats near the bar area could do with some shade or umbrellas.
The staff were very friendly and excellent and always willing to help.
The only downside is that the hotel is located a fair way from the main sights of Abu Dhabi city and the whole area around the hotel is an ugly construction zone with our taxis finding it difficult to find the hotel entrance on a few occasions.
But the hotel is still well worth staying in.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a high floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonny B
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest

We greatly appreciated your constructive feedback - thank you.

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay however apologise regarding the construction that is being carried out around the hotel. The infrastructure of the roads are being renovated and upgraded to make it easier for future guests to access the hotel and ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre).

Internet isn't included in all room types however is complimentary for those staying in a Suite or on a Corporate Rate with us. In addition, if you're booking online, Hyatt rates do not include breakfast automatically. In the future, we suggest you try our Bed and Breakfast package which you find under our Special Offers page.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What can I say: excellent service, nice design, beautiful and huge rooms, good bathrooms and shower products, very good restaurant with stunning views over Abu Dhabi.
The real difference, however, is in the high quality of the staff and the level of seamless service.
Me and my colleagues are frequent travellers to the region and very frequent guests with Hyatt all over the world. This property is a nugget.
The only let down is in the location - although conveniently located, the permanent road construction around the adjacent ADNEC (convention center) makes it a bit difficult to reach at times. However, do NOT let this put you off. You will be more than compensated.

2 Thank montgolfier
CapitalGate A, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks which I will share with my colleagues! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

We do hope by then the construction will be over. They are actually building an overpass which in the future, will make it much easier for all our guests to access the hotel from various directions.