“Average to poor, no more”
Review of Porto Bello

Porto Bello
Ranked #341 of 2,167 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We came here for brunch on a Groupon deal. The price was ok, food average, service average, atmosphere totally missing. The place was empty! There are better places, even without a Groupon deal for the same price that better.
I would recommend giving the place a miss totally, deal or no deal.

1  Thank Trevor S

Reviewed October 18, 2013

A friend and I decided to try Porto Bello when we craved some Italian food, but didn't want to overdo our dinner. Set near the lobby of the Millennium Hotel, the restaurant is one of the larger restaurants in AUH and definitely delivers. My date and I split the beef carpacio, which was accompanied with several black truffle shavings and was delicious. For dinner, I had the champagne lobster risotto which was absolutely stunning, and probably one of the best risotto dishes that I had. Unfortunately, we were to full for desert, but nevertheless, the food and service were very good.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

What I will remember about Porto Bello is the (Italian) wait staff, who not only remembered me from my visit a couple of days earlier, but also remembered what I had ordered and what I had liked. No pretence, just genuine interest.

The food is nicely presented and very tasty - I enjoyed everything I ate. I would not say that it was stunningly good, but it was honest, enjoyable, and left me fulfilled.

Quantities are copious, especially when you add the enormous bread basket with its accompanying bottle of (very good) olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I could have had a meal just of the appetisers (free, and delicious) and that basket of bread and beautiful oil to eat it with.

There's live piano music, which is a nice touch. The ambiance is OK, but not spectacular. But for the type of restaurant this is, and the price point they are aiming at, I still think it deserves an "excellent".

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is included in the Millennium Building Hotel and looks pretty good. Great welcome from the staff that prepares the client very well. Saverio e Morena have served excellent appetizer as bruschetta and caprese, have suggested pasta dishes well made, though with too much onion for my taste, but very good. This restaurant integrates traditional recipes with local flavors for the sake of customers, but the traditional dishes are available. It 'also available with a fairly good wine cellar. I think I will be back next time.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The restaurant was beautiful and clean. I loved the decor and the atmosphere. Not only was the food great, the presentation of the food was very impressive. My husband and I took pictures of our food before digging in. :-)

We loved the food so much, we went back a second night. I highly recommend this restaurant.